Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames A first trailer for this may drop next week (as well as the first trailer for Hobbs & Shaw, confirmed by The Rock himself already).
    This is one of few upcoming films I'm genuinely excited about!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Great news @DaltonCraig007. We're due for a few killer trailers. Next week's looking up already.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Netflix has just splashed $45 million to acquire & finance the new Ron Howard directed film, Hillbilly Elegy.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/netflix-hillbilly-elegy-ron-howard-movie-deal-40m-1202541118/

Based on the best-selling memoirs of J.D. Vance, ’Hillbilly Elegy is an account of growing up in the Rust Belt and a personal analysis of the white underclass, race and privilege in America. Vance, raised poor among working-class “hillbillies,” explores his childhood and family struggles as they navigate drug addiction, and social and economic challenges.'
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Both look excellent.
    First official look at Nicholas Hoult as J.R.R Tolkien in the biopic Tolkien:

Dxxw-EDUWo-AIcvm1.jpg
    Dxx7t-B4-UUAEy-Fud.jpg
    Dxx7t-Ck-UYAAE7-Nj.jpg
    Dxx7t-DFUUAAMOQc.jpg

Tolkien explores the formative years of the orphaned author as he finds friendship, love and artistic inspiration among a group of fellow outcasts at school.

Also starring Derek Jakobi and Colm Meaney.

Release date: May 10, 2019.

----

A couple TV spot for Liam Neeson's Cold Pursuit:

Would be fun to see, if only to compare to the original, which was pretty good.
    Jason Bateman and the writer of Game Night are re-teaming for a new action comedy film for Netflix. This time, Bateman will be co-starring with John Cena and will also be taking on directing duties.

The story will center on a family that gets stuck in an old abandoned movie studio. The sets come to life and the family members find themselves stuck in a various movies.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-cena-star-netflix-action-comedy-jason-bateman-1179301

----

A sequel is already in development for Detective Pikachu, ahead of the May 10, 2019 release for the first film in this potential franchise.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/detective-pikachu-sequel-works-1179211
    Tom Hanks’ new WW2 film Greyhound , that was due on March 20, 2019 has been pushed back to May 8, 2020.

——

Denis Villeneuve’s Dune will start filming in March 2019 (October or November 2020 release likely at this point). To go along with @peter ‘s news, it seems we’ll be getting new Nolan and Villeneuve films in 2020, like we did in 2017 with Dunkirk and Blade Runner 2049.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Are more films being delayed these days or is it that we have more knowledge of these things
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Bond 25 and new mystery Nolan film in the summer, 2020 is shaping up nicely.

I wonder what genre CN is looking to tackle this time round, he doesn't tend to repeat himself, even the Bat films are quite different from each other.

Those pictures of Once Upon A Time in Hollywood get me even more excited, now they just need to decide on a release date for The Irishman, my 2 films of 2019 without a doubt.

OUATIH must be close to a teaser trailer soon. Also, Knives Out is most anticipated for me in fact I've kind forgot about Star Wars IX and I didn't hate TLJ.

Maybe when a teaser appears I'll get more excited.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited January 2019 Posts: 8,507
    Shardlake wrote: »

I wonder what genre CN is looking to tackle this time round, he doesn't tend to repeat himself, even the Bat films are quite different from each other.

Those pictures of Once Upon A Time in Hollywood get me even more excited, now they just need to decide on a release date for The Irishman, my 2 films of 2019 without a doubt.

OUATIH must be close to a teaser trailer soon. Also, Knives Out is most anticipated for me in fact I've kind forgot about Star Wars IX and I didn't hate TLJ.

Hey @Shardlake, I've been dying for The Irishman too. I hear it may actually get premiers at a couple of festivals first-- I heard Cannes and Vienna as two possible venues, before Netflix releases it.
    peter wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »

Hey @Shardlake, I've been dying for The Irishman too. I hear it may actually get premiers at a couple of festivals first-- I heard Cannes and Vienna as two possible venues, before Netflix releases it.

That's great news, not long to go now till we can talk about Glass @peter, on my way to my screening now.

I think I definitely want to see on the big screen if I can, despite it going to Netflix if I can.

Hoping it gets the widest possible roll out of any Netflix film on the big screen yet.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Looking forward to chatting about GLASS-- keep everything in check and we'll speak on the other side!
    I loved Glass. Going to see it a second time in the theater eventually.
    I'll speak more in a pm @peter but @FoxRox I really liked it. I can see why so many film critics and comic book fans didn't though.

It's not perfect but the hugely divisive ending made sense to me.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Has this been reported before?

Apparently, Gary Oldman joined Olga Kurylenko (who's training for the role at present) on board of the production for The Courier, which is due to start filming later this year and aimed for a 2020 release.

Kurylenko will play a London-based courier who discovers that one of the packages she's transporting is a bomb.
    February 2019 preview:

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    So what you are telling me, is that there is nothing of use to watch this February?
    So what you are telling me, is that there is nothing of use to watch this February?

There's a new Liam Neeson action flick, as seen above. ;)
    Based on true facts :

You might recognize the actress here.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Cold Pursuit and Arctic eventually for me. February's usually not a great month for movies, anyway, much like January.
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-01-28-a-20-10-30.png

''Both the action and the comic elements in "Cold Pursuit" work reasonably well. Neeson can do justifiable homicide in his sleep by this point, but it's still fun to watch him dispatch goons and scumbags.''

''You'd think by now, 10 years into this implausible aging-vigilante cycle, things would be getting a bit tired and rote. But you'd be wrong.''

''Cold Pursuit is thrilling, funny, brutally violent, and Neeson's best actioner since The Grey''

''At its harrowing, smirking center is a more-nuanced bloodbath [than the original] in the spirit of the Coen Brothers or Martin McDonagh.''

''As thrillers go, this one is more adult than your average.''

First look at Keanu Reeves' character in Toy Story 4 in this poster:

lsix-M4y-H4-F5h-WVT4p6-JSCVD14vo-ILfqk-S74f-LPh-Z70-M.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's good to see the positive reviews for Cold Pursuit. That will probably be my first theatre visit for 2019.

John Wick killing toy dogs? This could be interesting.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    First look at Keanu Reeves' character in Toy Story 4 in this poster:

lsix-M4y-H4-F5h-WVT4p6-JSCVD14vo-ILfqk-S74f-LPh-Z70-M.jpg

If this were real, it would be the coolest thing ever.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 5,767
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-01-28-a-20-10-30.png

''Both the action and the comic elements in "Cold Pursuit" work reasonably well. Neeson can do justifiable homicide in his sleep by this point, but it's still fun to watch him dispatch goons and scumbags.''

''You'd think by now, 10 years into this implausible aging-vigilante cycle, things would be getting a bit tired and rote. But you'd be wrong.''

''Cold Pursuit is thrilling, funny, brutally violent, and Neeson's best actioner since The Grey''

''At its harrowing, smirking center is a more-nuanced bloodbath [than the original] in the spirit of the Coen Brothers or Martin McDonagh.''

''As thrillers go, this one is more adult than your average.''

"can do justifiable hoicide in his Sleep by now" :)) :))

That Toy Story 4 poster Looks very consciously foto-shopped, doesn´t it? Almost as if the Artist wants to Show this is not official. If it should turn out to be official, I would have to asap catch up with 2 and 3!