Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The Spy Who Dumped Me.

Yes, really!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Spy Who Dumped Me.

Yes, really!

Just saw this on YouTube, what a rip off.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'd rather watch Mila Kunis doing mediocre comedy than Melissa McCarthy. Just saying. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tessa Thompson joins Chris Hemsworth in Men in Black reboot:

http://collider.com/tessa-thompson-men-in-black-chris-hemsworth/
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,372
    I'd rather watch Mila Kunis doing mediocre comedy than Melissa McCarthy. Just saying. ;)

Was it Melissa McCarthy who played in that spy spoof with Jason Statham?

That's her. In between her, Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon, I'm not sure which is the least funny. We'll call it a tie.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So I can rule out comedy, I wonder what genre The Spy Who Dumped me is supposed to fall in to.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 40,594
    So I can rule out comedy, I wonder what genre The Spy Who Dumped me is supposed to fall in to.

Trainwreck must be a brand new, 2018 genre I've yet to hear of.

Having said that, I'm sure it'll make enough money to warrant a sequel somehow, just because.

Creasy47 wrote: »

That's her. In between her, Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon, I'm not sure which is the least funny. We'll call it a tie.

Don't think I've actually seen Melissa McCarthy or Kate McKinnon in anything, so for all I know they might be funny. As for The Spy Who Dumped Me, it seems like a film you might catch on a late night watching Netflix.
    Kate McKinnon is a SNL regular.
    Don't think we have SNL on TV here. We had at some point, but that is several years ago.
    Don't think we have SNL on TV here. We had at some point, but that is several years ago.
    Believe me, my friend, you're not missing anything.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Seconded. SNL these days is pure garbage.
    Murdock wrote: »

Seconded. SNL these days is pure garbage.

Thirded. I'm not sure when the last time was I endured a full episode. It's cringe to the max for me.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,372
    Remember SNL being a bit hit and miss, from what I remember of it. Also think they aired SNL very late in the evenings, and that the episodes already were a year old or so when they aired. at least it seemed so, given what events they covered in some of the skits.
    SNL stopped being funny a long time ago. When it had Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader among the crew, it was standing on its last legs. I wouldn’t pay a dime to watch any of their current mediocre-at-best skits even when I’m forced to.
    SNL stopped being funny a long time ago. When it had Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader among the crew, it was standing on its last legs. I wouldn’t pay a dime to watch any of their current mediocre-at-best skits even when I’m forced to.

Think both Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader were still on SNL when it aired here - as well as Will Forte and Fred Armisen. They managed to pull out some funny skits (from what I can remember), but it depended on the material, of course.

SNL is very American, though. Unsure if the comedy is very transferable to us Scandinavians.
    Give me some classic Monty Python any day of the week. Beats any type of a SNL skit in its sleep. ;)

I say this as an American.
    @DaltonCraig007 @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @MajorDSmythe @doubleoego @Creasy47

Here's the new Deadpool 2 trailer:

Looks fantastic!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Can you believe I haven't seen the first one yet? I'll have to get on that asap because I plan on seeing this in the theatre on account of Brolin.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Can you believe I haven't seen the first one yet? I'll have to get on that asap because I plan on seeing this in the theatre on account of Brolin.
    Definitely, my friend! And you're going to enjoy it because it's so outlandish it doesn't take itself seriously, at all.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Definitely, my friend! And you're going to enjoy it because it's so outlandish it doesn't take itself seriously, at all.
    I have heard good things and so have been meaning to get to it. I recently realized Morena Baccarin is in it too, and that's certainly an added incentive. ;).
    I have heard good things and so have been meaning to get to it. I recently realized Morena Baccarin is in it too, and that's certainly an added incentive. ;).
    Say no more. :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    That trailer was fantastic! Can't wait to see the film in a less than 2 months now!
    Same here! :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I wonder what Josh Brolin's bodycount will be when combining Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool 2 and Sicario 2.
    They'll go multi-marveled at least in Columbia. ;)
    Off to the cinema this evening to see this :

Mary_Magdalene_%282018_film%29.png
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,695
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

September 7th, 2018 will be the release date for the new action movie from the director of the 1st Taken, Pierre Morel: Peppermint.

The film stars Jennifer Garner in the lead role.

The plot: A young mother awakens from a coma after her husband and daughter are killed in a brutal attack on the family. When the system frustratingly shields the murderers from justice, she sets out to transform herself from citizen to urban guerilla. Channeling her frustration into personal motivation, she spends years in hiding honing her mind, body and spirit to become an unstoppable force – eluding the underworld, the LAPD and the FBI – as she methodically delivers her personal brand of justice.