Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The first teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will be released tomorrow.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Johnny Depp was the missing element in the first one. This one will be better.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2018 Posts: 40,534
    Paolo Sorrentino's next film Loro unveils a first look, will be in two parts:

Netflix's Dan Gilroy/Jake Gyllenhaal horror-thriller collaboration rounds out the cast, as filming is underway eyeing an early 2019 release:

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/dan-gilroy-jake-gyllenhaal-movie-cast-1202723014/

Gareth Evans confirms work on Apostle is nearly done.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,692
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @Creasy47

The upcoming WW2 film Greyhound, with Tom Hanks in the lead role, is shaping up nicely as Stephen Graham and Elisabeth Shue have also joined the cast.

Based on a script by Hanks, the movie follows career officer George Krause (Hanks), handed command of a Navy destroyer (the vessel of the title), but who will have to fight his own self doubt and personal demons to prove that he belongs in the captain's chair.

Filming should start later this year.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Has Hanks written any scripts before?

The only film he wrote the script for (before 'Greyhound') is Larry Crowne (2011). But he also wrote the script for the very first episode of the WW2 miniseries Band of Brothers.
    Haven t seen any of those.

The only film he wrote the script for (before 'Greyhound') is Larry Crowne (2011). But he also wrote the script for the very first episode of the WW2 miniseries Band of Brothers.
    Tom Hanks wrote at least one novel. I´m not sure if ghost writers were involved.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The first teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will be released tomorrow.

Really looking forward to this.
    Dwayne Johnson is so damn charismatic. Can't wait for this film! And Skyscraper in July too!
    Some early reactions to Steven Spielberg´s Ready Player One after the screening at SXSW:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/929371-ready-player-one-reactions-arrive-online

Seems slightly divisive, with the majority having had a blast.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Some early reactions to Steven Spielberg´s Ready Player One after the screening at SXSW:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/929371-ready-player-one-reactions-arrive-online

Seems slightly divisive, with the majority having had a blast.

Seems like one of those movies where you'll get exactly what you see in the trailers: if it looks interesting to you, you'll have a blast, and if not, you'll definitely hate it.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 8,158
    Deadpool 2 is not doing well in test screening, allegedly.

I saw yesterday the test screenings shockingly didn't go well - didn't hear too many details on why, past Miller's absence and the lengthier runtime being an issue.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I saw yesterday the test screenings shockingly didn't go well - didn't hear too many details on why, past Miller's absence and the lengthier runtime being an issue.

And the test screenings for X-Men: Dark Phoenix were very, very positive. So positive that it surprised the film's producers. Totally opposite scenario of what happened 2 years ago with Deadpool/X-Men: Apocalypse.
    Yeah, apparently DP2 is half an hour longer than the original. That puts it around 135 minutes, same as the force awakens.

They could trim it down before release.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 40,534

29136319_1738408456217639_3302935734452748288_o.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Really looking forward to this new FB movie. Seeing Hogwarts again gave me goosebumps.
    Margot Robbie in negotiations to play Sharon Tate in Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood:

http://collider.com/quentin-tarantino-new-movie-margot-robbie-sharon-tate/#images
    Tarantino making a comeback looks like.

Gotta enjoy them while they last; once this one comes and go, he has one more film left under his belt before he retires. Though I'm still hopeful he'll cheat and also do a Vol. 3 of Kill Bill.

Gotta enjoy them while they last; once this one comes and go, he has one more film left under his belt before he retires.
    Was that another western?

Gotta enjoy them while they last; once this one comes and go, he has one more film left under his belt before he retires.

I'm not sure what it'll be, I'll be surprised if out of his last four movies, three of them end up being westerns, but we'll see. He's usually good at hinting at what he'll do a couple of years before production, so time will tell.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

Didn’t care for the first Fantastic Beasts but this caught my interest. I’m not a huge fan of Depp as Grindewald, but I love Jude Law as Dumbledore.

I'm not sure what it'll be, I'll be surprised if out of his last four movies, three of them end up being westerns, but we'll see. He's usually good at hinting at what he'll do a couple of years before production, so time will tell.

Didn't he once express an interest in doing a spy film – and not the Bond one with Brosnan…?
    I am pretty sure Tarantino planned another western before it was changed to what he is making now. Would love to see him make a Modesty Blaise movie.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 17,335
    I am pretty sure Tarantino planned another western before it was changed to what he is making now. Would love to see him make a Modesty Blaise movie.

He's been rumoured to do a Modesty Blaise film?

Here's the spy film rumour I thought of, by the way:
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2009/aug/14/tarantino-deighton-trilogy
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,423
    He's been rumoured to do a Modesty Blaise film?
    He executive produced one (a somewhat TV movie/unaired pilot) in 2004.
    He's mentioned previously that he'll still continue film work once he "retires," just that he won't direct any longer. Think he wants to move to doing books, scripts, etc.