Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yep, saw that. Can’t say I’m excited for Mr Incredible to spend 95% of the film as a parent at home while the Missus goes saving the world.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 13,894
    Unless it is a reversal of the first film, where Mr Incredible takes a back seat through most of the film.

Either that, or the film will go overboard with its 2018 politics, in which case, i'm not interested. Though i'm surprised Elastagirl isn't dressed in black. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

This movie has already been released a few months ago, but hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet: The South Korean historical film A Taxi Driver. Please compare the poster and trailer to see just how intense these South Korean flicks really are.

DTKb-WKVAAAlnd2.jpg

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 40,474

edited February 2018 Posts: 15,690
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The first PACIFIC RIM was great. Even the 3D was good in it. I just don t know what to think about this new one.
    The first PACIFIC RIM was great. Even the 3D was good in it. I just don t know what to think about this new one.

It just looks like another generic Transformers sequel to me. Anything del Toro brought to the table is definitely gone, at least from an aesthetic point of view.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's interesting that the first two clips above (Pacific whatever and Ready Player One) focus on some punks in VR-AR gear.

The only one I'm really interested in is Gringo.
    I like the trailer for that Korean Taxi film a lot.
    I keep forgetting this movie exists, glad a new trailer reminded me, can't wait to check it out eventually:

Arnold Schwarzenegger joins Kung Fury alongside Michael Fassbender:
    http://theactionelite.com/index.php/2018/02/15/arnie-joins-kung-fury/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It just looks like another generic Transformers sequel to me. Anything del Toro brought to the table is definitely gone, at least from an aesthetic point of view.

My thoughts exactly.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Jung Byung-Gil, the director of last year's The Villainess, will direct Gerard Butler in Afterburn.

The plot: Based on the Red 5 comic, Afterburn is a futuristic action adventure. Five years after a solar flare disrupts all technology in Europe, a treasure hunter (Butler) goes to France to retrieve the Mona Lisa. Paired with a strong willed, female weapons expert with her own agenda, the two search for the famed painting and encounter unexpected enemies along the way.

But before that, Gerard Butler will start filming Angel has Fallen in the coming months.
    Can't wait for either.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yep, saw that. Can’t say I’m excited for Mr Incredible to spend 95% of the film as a parent at home while the Missus goes saving the world.
    That sounds sexist. The concept, not your comment @ClarkDevlin.
    That sounds sexist. The concept, not your comment @ClarkDevlin.
    Sad times we live in, @RichardTheBruce. ;)
    I fail to see how it's sexist. Mrs. Incredible stays at home for half the movie in the first one. Mr. Incredible will certainly still get some action as it appears in the trailer.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I keep forgetting this movie exists, glad a new trailer reminded me, can't wait to check it out eventually:

This films actually looks incredible , is it getting a theatrical release soon?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 13,034
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I like the trailer for that Korean Taxi film a lot.
    I'm put off by the breezy first half of that trailer leading into a horrific real world tragedy that happened there and then.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    As a huge fan of the original Incredibles film, that trailer did nothing for me. I hope it's a case of misleading trailer but it didn't hype or excite me at all.
    Murdock wrote: »
    As a huge fan of the original Incredibles film, that trailer did nothing for me. I hope it's a case of misleading trailer but it didn't hype or excite me at all.
    +1. Same.
    Yeah, +2.
    Not sure if this isn´t gonna be some huge nostalgia fest, but it sure is cool to see Burt Reynolds back in action:

I swear I was watching the guy last night and earlier today in Hooper And Smokey and The Bandit. Loved and enjoyed both of them for the tenth time around.
    Pacific Rim 2 looks like more mindless fun?!!! I am in!!! Lol!
    Damn I'd love to see The Last Movie Star. Happy to see Burt Reynolds in something new.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,690

An update on this upcoming action flick, first mentioned on this thread last November:
    Joe Carnahan will direct Frank Grillo and Mel Gibson in the action thriller Boss Level.

The plot: Every day, a retired special forces veteran is trapped in a never ending loop resulting in his death. In order to stop his endless suffering, Roy must figure out who is responsible and stop them.

Filming is now confirmed to start next month.
    Sounds like Edge of Tomorrow.