Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Tucker is one of the most annoying actors around.
    What are you talking about? He was the single best thing in The Fifth Element.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

tumblr_n07a9vSHGN1s809ido9_250.gif
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    tumblr_n07a9vSHGN1s809ido9_250.gif
    =))
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I had great memories of the rush hour films until I rewatched them
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The first 2 were great; the 3rd was trash.
    I wouldn't say trash, just not as good as the first two. Definitely average.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    March 2018 preview:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

1st trailer for the upcoming South-Korean revenge thriller Night of 7 years:

edited February 2018 Posts: 40,478
    Not terribly sure what's going down in the trailer, but it looks stylish enough for me! The Koreans know how to do thrillers properly.

EDIT: Antoine Fuqua is back in talks to direct Scarface:

http://deadline.com/2018/02/antoine-fuqua-back-in-scarface-talks-1202287477/
    I don't know how reliable is this but, apparently this is Johnny English 3's premise:

Disaster strikes when a criminal mastermind reveals the identities of all active undercover agents in Britain. The secret service can now rely on only one man -- Johnny English. Currently teaching at a minor prep school, Johnny springs back into action to find the mysterious hacker. For this mission to succeed, he'll need all of his skills -- what few he has -- as the man with yesterday's analogue methods faces off against tomorrow's digital technology.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It sounds familiar... :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't know how reliable is this but, apparently this is Johnny English 3's premise:

Disaster strikes when a criminal mastermind reveals the identities of all active undercover agents in Britain. The secret service can now rely on only one man -- Johnny English. Currently teaching at a minor prep school, Johnny springs back into action to find the mysterious hacker. For this mission to succeed, he'll need all of his skills -- what few he has -- as the man with yesterday's analogue methods faces off against tomorrow's digital technology.
    It sounds familiar... :D
    Sometimes the old ways are indeed best.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Which movies that are coming out this year do you think will underperform?

With Black Panther, Avengers, Ant Man and the Wasp, Deadpool 2, Aquaman and another X-Men all coming out in 2018, not all those superhero films can be successful, right?
    Aquaman might underperform, but the others, I highly doubt it.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 8,090
    Sorry I forgot about venom with Tom Hardy. I hope that one does well, but then again it is Sony and they don't have a good record lately, especially with superheroes.
    Black Panther has already exceeded expectations and has set up Avengers: Infinity War to be huge. I will definitely be seeing that entry multiple times at least, and wouldn't be surprised if it closes in on $2bn. The cast they have in that film is off the charts. Some of the best in the business (in terms of skill and charisma) are in that entry and I expect it to be massive.

I agree that Aquaman is the one that could underperform. Venom looks 'dark' so I don't imagine Sony is shooting for big numbers with it.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to the story, as it does with every film.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 40,478

Brad Pitt joins Leonardo Dicaprio in Quentin Tarantino's ninth film, officially titled Once Upon A Time In Hollywood:

http://deadline.com/2018/02/quentin-tarantino-brad-pitt-leonardo-dicaprio-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-1202306448/
    Nice title!
    Is Tom Cruise still part of the cast?
    Is that Tarantino last film? I heard he's thinking about retiring soon.
    Is that Tarantino last film? I heard he's thinking about retiring soon.
    Only after the 10th film, as he said.
    I don't think so. I believe Cruise was considered for the stuntman role which went to Pitt so he's unlikely to be in it.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I don't think so. I believe Cruise was considered for the stuntman role which went to Pitt so he's unlikely to be in it.

Maybe Cruise will do a cameo role, like in Tropic Thunder? :))
    bondjames wrote: »

Maybe Cruise will do a cameo role, like in Tropic Thunder? :))

The cameo that went some ways to saving TC's career.
    Everybody was talking about that cameo when the film was released, I remember. And the film wasn't that bad in itself, either. There were the fake trailers on top of that!
    I'm still waiting for that Les Grossman film.

Think Cruise would star in one at this point?
    I doubt it. People have forgotten about it at this point. Too much time has passed since that announcement.
    I doubt it. People have forgotten about it at this point. Too much time has passed since that announcement.

Guess you're right about that. Would still be interesting to see. Probably more likely to get a Tropic Thunder sequel, if anything.