Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Oh, this looks very good indeed.

I can't say I miss Topher Grace.

Hardy will nail it, as usual.
    Jury still out for me?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    What even is this film- is venom the hero?
    Perhaps a tormented anti-hero?
    Now, this looks different from the usual superhero flick. For that reason, I might give this one a watch!
    Actually it looks not far from the Hulk.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

The gears are in motion for Red Notice, the next big budget action film starring Dwayne Johnson. The film is described as a globe-trotting, heist thriller designed as a two-hander for Johnson and another star yet to be set.

Until then, Dwayne Johnson has Rampage coming on April 20th, 2018 and Skyscraper on July 13th, 2018.

As for the upcoming 'Fast and Furious' spinoff, Hobbs & Shaw, with Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham, the film is circling David Leitch, the director of John Wick, Atomic Blonde and Deadpool 2. This film is aiming a July 26th, 2019 release. Not forgetting the 3rd Jumanji movie for Johnson & the rest of the cast of the previous Jumanji outing set for a December 2019 release.

Finally, Jaume Collet-Serra (Unknown, Non-Stop, Run All Night, The Commuter) will direct Johnson in the adventure film Jungle Cruise.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Good old Dwayne seems rather busy, these days. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Out of all the superhero films that are coming out, the one I'm looking forward to see the most is that Tom Hardy one. I wanna see if he'd make a good Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Out of all the superhero films that are coming out, the one I'm looking forward to see the most is that Tom Hardy one. I wanna see if he'd make a good Bond.
    By watching him play Eddie Brock?
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    jake24 wrote: »
    By watching him play Eddie Brock?

Something tells me if he says yes to that, he'll say yes to Bond, so I wanna see what we could be getting in a couple years. Only seen Hardy in 3 or 4 films so far.
    @Mendes4Lyfe, watch more films he starred in, and you will notice he can play pretty much anything, he is one of the most versatile actors around at the moment. How he would play Bond would very much come down to who directs him, even more so as is the case with Craig.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    @Mendes4Lyfe, watch more films he starred in, and you will notice he can play pretty much anything, he is one of the most versatile actors around at the moment. How he would play Bond would very much come down to who directs him, even more so as is the case with Craig.
    I quite agree. He is the most chameleon-like actor of all at present. I'm amazed at how different he can be in a variety of films. I quite liked his cocky Eames from Inception (the guy's not Bond, but I still liked the character).
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Hardy can be difficult working with directors and producers. I don't expect him to get a shot.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Has anybody seen this?

@DaltonCraig007 @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi

They already started filming Son of Shaft, and yes it's set in the same continuity as the original film as well as the 2000 continuation.
    I haven't seen the first one but really liked the 2000 continuation @ClarkDevlin. Jeffrey Wright and Christian Bale were excellent in that film.

With Jackson on board I'll be sure to check this one out. I'm sure it will be great fun.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This'll be one of those films alongside Annihilation that'll drop internationally on Netflix within a couple weeks of theatrical release.
    Samuel L jackson is one of those actors who never stop making new films - I wonder why he and Dwayne Johnson haven't ended up starring in the same projects more often.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I love them both in The Other Guys. They should do more action films together with lots of comedic elements in them. Well, humour more so than comedy.
    Samuel L jackson is one of those actors who never stop making new films - I wonder why he and Dwayne Johnson haven't ended up starring in the same projects more often.

Aim for the bushes!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Aim for the bushes!
    =))
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 17,293
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Aim for the bushes!

That's a great scene! Really like that film; silly, but oh so enjoyable!
    Haven't seen any of the Shaft films. Worth checking out?
    Yep! Definitely!
    Has anybody seen this?

@DaltonCraig007 @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi

They already started filming Son of Shaft, and yes it's set in the same continuity as the original film as well as the 2000 continuation.

That is a great picture!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Has anybody seen this?

That is a great picture!
    Indeed it is! :D
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I would love another SHAFT flick! Good to know they are delivering!
    edited February 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017) is now:

- The 3rd biggest success of all time for Sony with a world wide gross of $881 million, having just surpassed Spectre and Spiderman: Homecoming
    - The 5th biggest domestic hit of 2017 with $365 million.
    - The 5th biggest world wide hit of 2017, having out performed every superhero films of the past year, with only Despicable Me 3, Fate of the Furious, Beauty and the Beast & Star Wars 8 ahead of it.
    I don't think they expected it to be that big of a hit. The sequel drops in Dec 2019, so that's more competition for Bond going into Christmas of that year.