Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    John Wick: Chapter 3 casting announcements to be made soon, as the script is complete and pre-production officially begins:

https://screenrant.com/john-wick-3-casting-news/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

The first trailer for the new Clint Eastwood true-story thriller, The 15:17 to Paris, is apparently going to drop online soon.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I didn't realize Clint was still making films. Looking forward to it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Looks awesome!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

1st trailer for the James Cameron produced, Robert Rodriguez directed adaptation of the manga Alita: Battle Angel will drop in the next 24 hours.

The film stars Christoph Waltz, Mahershala Ali, Ed Skrein, Michelle Rodriguez, Jackie Earle Haley and Jennifer Connelly, and will be released in cinemas on July 20, 2018 (1 week before Mission Impossible 6).

• edited December 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Well, they hid that well. The last time I remember reading about Rodriguez and Battle Angel seems like ten years ago.

Not sure at all what to make of the JW: Fallen Kingdom trailer.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 40,474

1st look at Margot Robbie and Saoirse Ronan in Mary, Queen of Scots:

mary-queen-of-scots-margot-robbie.png
    mary-queen-of-scots-saoirse-ronan.png

The film is set to be released in 2018, and also stars David Tennant, Guy Pearce, Jack Lowden and Brendan Coyle.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

1st look at Margot Robbie and Saoirse Ronan in Mary, Queen of Scots:

mary-queen-of-scots-margot-robbie.png
    mary-queen-of-scots-saoirse-ronan.png

The film is set to be released in 2018, and also stars David Tennant, Guy Pearce, Jack Lowden and Brendan Coyle.

Ah that film looks epic
    Indeed it does!

Unlike Battle Angel, which looks like an adult theme turned into a teenage drama.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Karen Gillan. Oh my. :D

I quite like these movies, although they are not a cinema trip for me.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Karen certainly has been hitting the gym

Karen certainly has been hitting the gym
    She can motivate me well enough. ;)
    tombraiderposter_0.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    tombraiderposter_0.jpg

Alicia does not seem to age, I guess as a origin story and playing Lara from a youngish age it may work.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm actually looking forward to this. I don't know much about the game and didn't really enjoy the first two films all that much, but the trailer we saw a few months back piqued my interest and Vikander is watchable.
    Not remotely interested in this because it’s based on the 2013 reboot video game version which completely rewrote the Lara Croft character and changed her purpose of iconicism and what she stood for as a character in the first place. Now, she’s just a watered down and boring character who just happens to be a female.
    Not remotely interested in this because it’s based on the 2013 reboot video game version which completely rewrote the Lara Croft character and changed her purpose of iconicism and what she stood for as a character in the first place. Now, she’s just a watered down and boring character who just happens to be a female.

You are not keen on the last two next gen games?

Far from being keen. ;)

Far from being keen. ;)

I did not mind them and I have played all the games since the original games release, though I think the earlier games are the best certainly more challenging.

Far from being keen. ;)

I did not mind them and I have played all the games since the original games release, though I think the earlier games are the best certainly more challenging.
    I gave the first game in the reboot series a try, and played it to the end even though I regret ever giving it a try. It was hardly any different from godawful TellTale games that I call interactive movies, Lara’s characterization is 150% estranged from who she is, all the values and tropes she had are removed to appease the PC crowd, the story being utmost insensible I bailed out on the franchise. Now, I do appreciate Underworld more than I used to. At least we have the real Lara Croft in there and by far a better gameplay.

Far from being keen. ;)

I gave the first game in the reboot series a try, and played it to the end even though I regret ever giving it a try. It was hardly any different from godawful TellTale games that I call interactive movies, Lara’s characterization is 150% estranged from who she is, all the values and tropes she had are removed to appease the PC crowd, the story being utmost insensible I bailed out on the franchise. Now, I do appreciate Underworld more than I used to. At least we have the real Lara Croft in there and by far a better gameplay.

Underworld the game that had Thors Hammer I quite enjoyed that one, I preferred Rise of the Tomb raider to the game that proceeded it. I have found as graphics have improved over the years game play gets worse in some cases. The older TR games are alot more imersive, I occasionally play TR3 on my PC I loved that game back in the day.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,423

Far from being keen. ;)

Underworld the game that had Thors Hammer I quite enjoyed that one, I preferred Rise of the Tomb raider to the game that proceeded it. I have found as graphics have improved over the years game play gets worse in some cases. The older TR games are alot more imersive, I occasionally play TR3 on my PC I loved that game back in the day.
    Unlike the majority of gamers these days, the graphics don't bother me at all. One can release a new game today with PS2 graphics and it still wouldn't bother me. In my opinion, Eidos Interactive's merge with one of Square Enix's studios really deployed a negativity in the world of gaming. Or at least the IPs that Eidos had. Square Enix screwed some of the greatest franchises there were. I'm glad Hitman branched out along with IO Interactive, so now they can get back on their feet with real creativity again. I wish that rule would apply to the Tomb Raider franchise and we'd go back to the old game's style and the original Lara Croft.

Give me this...
    A-Young-and-Dirty-Lara-Croft-Gets-a-Grip-on-Your-Mac-May-31st-2.jpg

...over this...
    slack_imgs.jpg

Any hour of the day, and any day of the week.

Far from being keen. ;)

Unlike the majority of gamers these days, the graphics don't bother me at all. One can release a new game today with PS2 graphics and it still wouldn't bother me. In my opinion, Eidos Interactive's merge with one of Square Enix's studios really deployed a negativity in the world of gaming. Or at least the IPs that Eidos had. Square Enix screwed some of the greatest franchises there were. I'm glad Hitman branched out along with IO Interactive, so now they can get back on their feet with real creativity again. I wish that rule would apply to the Tomb Raider franchise and we'd go back to the old game's style and the original Lara Croft.

Give me this...

...over this...
    slack_imgs.jpg

Photo realism in games only goes so far it no doubts gets peoples attention though does not guarantee a good game, it's not needed for me I rather see something unreal when gaming.

Far from being keen. ;)

Give me this...

...over this...
    slack_imgs.jpg

Photo realism in games only goes so far it no doubts gets peoples attention though does not guarantee a good game, it's not needed for me I rather see something unreal when gaming.
    Precisely.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Far from being keen. ;)

I am not part of the PC crowd, and I still enjoyed it, as well as the depiction of Lara, as much as I did the previous games. My gripe is with the casting. Couldn't they have cast an English actress to start with? Keira Knightley, Gemma Arterton, Felicity Jones, Lily James, plus any up and coming actress.
    My gripe is with the casting. Couldn't they have cast an English actress to start with? Keira Knightley, Gemma Arterton, Felicity Jones, Lily James, plus any up and coming actress.
    It's a good point, although I'm not too keen on your suggestions outside of Gemma who is perhaps too wholesome to be running around like Croft.
    Give me this...

...over this...
    slack_imgs.jpg
    Again, I've not played the games and am unfamiliar with the character changes post-reboot but I like the first one too. I'll take the guns and open midrift to a more covered up look any day in an action film. Top half still passes my criteria though.