Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @bondjames

I know you guys really enjoy these upcoming Asian action flicks, so here's a (very short) 10 seconds clip from 'The Villainess':

Hahaha savage! Can't wait to see this.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The first trailer for Doug Liman's 'American Made,' starring Tom Cruise, will drop by next week alongside 'The Mummy':

https://trailer-track.com/2017/05/30/in-the-pipeline-first-trailer-for-doug-limans-american-made-next-week/

Also, first trailer for 'Victoria & Abdul,' starring Judi Dench in the role once again:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames and @doubleoego, check out the Tom Cruise news in @Creasy47's post above: We will get the trailer for Cruise's American Made attached to Cruise's The Mummy .
    edited May 2017 Posts: 40,473
    First images from 'The Mountain Between Us,' trailer expected online this week:

http://collider.com/the-mountain-between-us-movie-images/

Doug Liman teases a "smaller" sequel for 'Live Die Repeat and Repeat,' with a new character that'll steal the movie:

http://collider.com/edge-of-tomorrow-2-cast-doug-liman/
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Doug Liman teases a "smaller" sequel for 'Live Die Repeat and Repeat,' with a new character that'll steal the movie:

http://collider.com/edge-of-tomorrow-2-cast-doug-liman/
    Do we really believe that The Cruise will allow someone to steal the show from him?

Also, first trailer for 'Victoria & Abdul,' starring Judi Dench in the role once again:

Talk about cinematography. I want Danny Cohen for Bond 25!

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

1st trailer for The Mountain Between Us with Idris Elba and Kate Winslet:

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This looks very good indeed.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The mountain between us looks very good.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The Mountain Between Us reminds me of Liam Neeson's The Grey.
    It also reminds me of 1997's The Edge, which is a superb film. It stars Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. Highly recommended.
    bondjames wrote: »
    It also reminds me of 1997's The Edge, which is a superb film. It stars Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin. Highly recommended.
    I was going to mention that, too, @bondjames. :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,087
    Did you know Martin Campbell is adapting a Hemingway novel, starring Brosnan? This was news to me. :)
    Did you know Martin Campbell is adapting a Hemingway novel, starring Brosnan? This was news to me. :)
    Yes. Across The River And Into The Trees.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2017 Posts: 8,087
    They must enjoy working together, since they also have The Foreigner coming up too. :)
    They must enjoy working together, since they also have The Foreigner coming up too. :)
    I do believe they've been enjoying a good friendship over the decades since working on GoldenEye. :)
    First clip from 'Atomic Blonde' is on, promising some impressive choreography:

https://www.facebook.com/AtomicBlondeMovie/videos/1406862049373744/
    Paddington 2!! How come the trailer is not getting more exposure? I loved the first movie and I am seeing this one for sure. Paddington riding a dog? Count me in! :D
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Next Bond films in US theaters.
    https://amctheatres.com/movies/a-007-double-feature-54008

In celebration of Roger Moore to benefit UNICEF, we’re showing a double feature of
    THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and FOR YOUR EYES ONLY at select AMC® Theatres.
    May 31 at 6pm and June 4 at 2pm.

3 HR 47 MIN PG
    OPENING MAY 30, 2017

A 007 Double Feature

In celebration of the life of Sir Roger Moore, and to benefit UNICEF, we’re showing a double feature of
    THE SPY WHO LOVED ME and FOR YOUR EYES ONLY at select AMC® Theatres.
    5/31 at 6pm & 6/4 at 2pm.

Participating Theaters.
    https://amctheatres.com/participating-theatres/007-double-feature?rel=007theatres_007doublefeature

Alabama
    AMC Classic Festival Plaza 16

Arizona
    AMC Ahwatukee 24
    AMC Arrowhead 14
    AMC Desert Ridge 18
    AMC Loews Foothills 15
    AMC Mesa Grand 14
    AMC Surprise Pointe 14
    AMC Westgate 20

California
    AMC Atlantic Times Square 14
    AMC Burbank 16
    AMC Century City 15
    AMC Covina 17
    AMC Cupertino Square 16
    AMC DINE-IN Ontario Mills 30
    AMC DINE-IN Thousand Oaks 14
    AMC Mission Valley 20
    AMC Norwalk 20
    AMC Orange 30
    AMC Plaza Bonita 14
    AMC Puente Hills 20
    AMC Rolling Hills 20
    AMC Santa Anita 16
    AMC Showplace Manteca 16
    AMC Tyler Galleria 16
    AMC Universal CityWalk 19 (Los Angeles)
    AMC Van Ness 14

Colorado
    AMC DINE-IN Southlands 16
    AMC Highlands Ranch 24
    AMC Westminster Promenade 24

Connecticut
    AMC Loews Danbury 16
    AMC Plainville 20

Florida
    AMC Altamonte Mall 18
    AMC Aventura 24
    AMC Avenue 16
    AMC CityPlace 20
    AMC Classic Indian River 24
    AMC DINE-IN Disney Springs 24
    AMC Destin Commons 14
    AMC Regency 24
    AMC Sundial 20
    AMC Sunset Place 24
    AMC The Regency 20
    AMC Woodlands Square 20

Georgia
    AMC Barrett Commons 24
    AMC Ritz 13
    AMC Sugarloaf Mills 18
    AMC Walnut Square 12

Illinois
    AMC DINE-IN Yorktown 18
    AMC River East 21
    AMC Showplace Naperville 16
    AMC Showplace Springfield 12
    AMC South Barrington 24

Indiana
    AMC Castleton Square 14
    AMC Evansville 16
    AMC Indianapolis 17

Iowa
    AMC Council Bluffs 17

Kansas
    AMC DINE-IN Studio 28
    AMC Town Center 20

Kentucky
    AMC Newport On The Levee 20
    AMC Stonybrook 20

Louisana
    AMC Elmwood Palace 20

Maryland
    AMC Columbia 14

Massachusetts
    AMC DINE-IN Framingham 16
    AMC Loews Boston Common 19

Michigan
    AMC Cherry Blossom 14
    AMC Forum 30
    AMC Livonia 20

Minnesota
    AMC Eden Prairie Mall 18
    AMC Rosedale 14

Missouri
    AMC Barrywoods 24
    AMC Classic Chesterfield 14

New Jersey
    AMC Clifton Commons 16
    AMC Garden State 16
    AMC Hamilton 24
    AMC Rockaway 16
    AMC Voorhees 16

New York
    AMC Empire 25
    AMC Loews Stony Brook 17

North Carolina
    AMC Concord Mills 24
    AMC Southpoint 17

Ohio
    AMC Classic Solon 16
    AMC DINE-IN Easton Town Center 30
    AMC Lennox Town Center 24

Oklahoma
    AMC Quail Springs Mall 24

Pennsylvania
    AMC Neshaminy 24
    AMC Waterfront 22

Tennessee
    AMC Murfreesboro 16

Texas
    AMC DINE-IN Mesquite 30
    AMC Deerbrook 24
    AMC First Colony 24
    AMC Gulf Pointe 30
    AMC NorthPark 15
    AMC The Parks At Arlington 18
    AMC Willowbrook 24

Virginia
    AMC Hampton Towne Centre 24
    AMC Hoffman Center 22
    AMC Lynnhaven 18
    AMC Tysons Corner 16

Washington
    AMC Loews Alderwood Mall 16
    AMC Southcenter 16
    Not sure if they got the run times right. But see you there.

I just bought my tickets. I saw both when they were first released; it will great to again see them on the big screen.
    I'm in place at the AMC Hoffman 22 outside DC.

OO7 and counting.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

1st trailer for Kenneth Branagh's Murder on the Orient Express:

Looks good. Very atmospheric. I hope they deliver a winner because the original is one of my favourite films.
    I just do hope they cut back from using modern music or 21st century pop songs on romantic era period pieces like this. I know it's only the trailer, but either make a Sherlock out of it, or just produce some old fashioned classic when presenting a story set in the 1930s.

Either way, I'll be watching this. He sounds like a very different Poirot from the one we know with Christie's novels and the previous film adaptations, but I'll be keeping an open mind.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 40,473
    New trailer for 'Baby Driver':

http://collider.com/baby-driver-new-trailer-edgar-wright/#poster

Final trailer for 'It Comes At Night':

Good ensemble cast which will be a big part of the draw for this interpretation, the 1974 movie is almost perfect though glad to see Christie work back on the big screen. The music choice at the end of the trailer was poor.
    Very poor. Can't understand why all of these trailers for movies taking place in the past use some of the most garbage pop music of today to sell it.
    Very poor. Can't understand why all of these trailers for movies taking place in the past use some of the most garbage pop music of today to sell it.

That song not sure what it is took me right out of the trailer at the end, maybe it's to try and draw in the younger demographic.

That song not sure what it is took me right out of the trailer at the end, maybe it's to try and draw in the younger demographic.

Which is a terrible idea in and of itself - there's no way a teenager is unfazed by that entire trailer, just to hear an unrelated song at the end and go "Oh, they're marketing this for me, now I have to see it!" Same with 'The Great Gatsby' ditching jazz for the horrid pop/rap choices.

May I ask all of you a honest question? Wouldn't you prefer if they film one of the many, many other brilliant mysteries Agatha Christie conceived, if only not to know the solution from the beginning? I honesty lack the words to express how tired I am of reboots, prequels , sequels or merely new adaptions. Also,apart from featuring the political correct black as a doctor ( no less!),
    they also seem to keep it very close to the 70s adaptation so I honestly see no reason whatsoever for this movie (and so many others). But of course, that's just me!

Which is a terrible idea in and of itself - there's no way a teenager is unfazed by that entire trailer, just to hear an unrelated song at the end and go "Oh, they're marketing this for me, now I have to see it!" Same with 'The Great Gatsby' ditching jazz for the horrid pop/rap choices.

I avoided the Gatsby remake hearing that I'll avoid it permanently, I don't think F. Scott Fitzgerald would have approved of modern pop in his great depression set classic I am dumbfounded by the committees who dream up these ideas.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have to echo what has been said about this trend for ill fitting music in trailers. Also the moustache is very ott, it looks like a parody of Poirot's moustache.