Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

Awww yiss John Wick 3

btw I just saw the new PotC movie and I like it. PotC fans like me will like it. Fun stuff
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote: »

'John Wick: Chapter 3' should shoot by the end of 2017/early 2018. My body is ready for this:

http://collider.com/john-wick-3-filming-chad-stahelski/

vkK6G.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Wow, forgotten to take your ritalin?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

Latest film from the writer of 'Sicario' and 'Hell or High Water', this time both writing and directing:

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Going to watch baywatch on Saturday, having second thoughts though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First look at 'The Silent Man,' the Watergate drama starring Liam Neeson:

Huh - didn't hear about Silent Man before. Might give that a watch; Liam Neeson is great.
    Looks like another winner, one of my more anticipated titles over the next year now. Can't wait!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    LIAM NEESON. I could listen to him read the phone book. I need this film now.
    @bondjames and @doubleoego please check the trailer @Creasy47 posted a few messages ago. Very topical movie as this is Watergate related, and Liam Neeson plays FBI agent Mark Felt, most famously known under the name of 'Deep Throat'.
    I quite liked seeing Michael C. Hall in the trailer, too; the cast itself is superb, but it's rare that I see him in movies these days, unless I'm watching the wrong stuff. Figured he'd get even bigger once 'Dexter' ended.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin @Creasy47

I have also just learnt that Liam Neeson is confirmed to be head-lining the upcoming film 'Retribution', for release in 2018. It is produced (but not directed, sadly) By Jaume Comet-Serra, who previously directed Neeson in Unknown, Non Stop, Run All Night and The Commuter (this one also being released next year).

The plot: 'Retribution' follows a successful Wall Street executive (Liam Neeson) who discovers on his way to work that a bomb has been planted in his car by an unknown assailant. He is forced to follow a series of orders throughout the day or else the bomb will be detonated. The situation is more dire because the man’s family is in the car with him.

Retribution is one of 4 films that feature Liam Neeson in an important role to be released in 2018: The Commuter, Hard Powder and Widows being the other 3.
    So 'Speed' meets 'Phone Booth.' I'm in!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Another Jaume Comet-Serra* / Liam Neeson collaboration? Without reading about the plot, i'm interested already.

*There's my choice for the Bond#25 director.
    @MajorDSmythe you're getting 2 new of those collaborations for the price of 1 in 2018, though as I said Comet-Serra is only producing 'Retribution' , but is on director duty for 'The Commuter' at least. ;)
    LIAM NEESON. I could listen to him read the phone book. I need this film now.
    I wouldn´t go so far, but his overall performance in that Silent Man trailer is breathtakingly mesmerizing.

Creasy47 wrote: »
    I quite liked seeing Michael C. Hall in the trailer, too; the cast itself is superb, but it's rare that I see him in movies these days, unless I'm watching the wrong stuff. Figured he'd get even bigger once 'Dexter' ended.
    Yes, it´s nice to see Michael C. Hall too. He seems rather picky with the roles he takes.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007 - Yes, I see now, I didn't read your post correctly. Two films, even better. B-)
    @MajorDSmythe, judging from his IMDB page, Liam Neeson already has 1 action flick planned for 2019: 'Suspension', which is basically his own version of 'Con Air', as he'll be heading home after being released from prison, when a major terrorist attack happens on his path, so Neeson will decide to save the day once more! According to an interview of the script writer, this film was written specifically for Liam Neeson, and that ''he will have a very high body count''.
    @MajorDSmythe, judging from his IMDB page, Liam Neeson already has 1 action flick planned for 2019: 'Suspension', which is basically his own version of 'Con Air', as he'll be heading home after being released from prison, when a major terrorist attack happens on his path, so Neeson will decide to save the day once more! According to an interview of the script writer, this film was written specifically for Liam Neeson, and that ''he will have a very high body count''.

Not to mention Neeson stepping into the iconic role of Phillip Marlowe for 'Marlowe'. Even as he edges closer to the big 7-0, he doesn't look like he's slowing down.
    @MajorDSmythe 2 more of his future projects also really interest me:

Narco Sub, from the writer of 'Safe House' (I loved that Denzel flick), which follows ''a disgraced American Naval officer (Neeson) when a notorious Ecuadorian drug lord forces him to navigate a submarine full of cocaine past the U.S. Coast Guard.''

And 'The Revenger', an action/comedy from the director of 'Zombieland' and the upcoming 'Venom', which I assume will be a R rated comedic take on the signature ''Liam Neeson revenge flick''.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @DaltonCraig007, thatThe Silent Man trailer is captivating. Neeson's monologue is delivered with precision and expertise. Reminds me of his Ra's Al Ghul character (one of my favourites). Wind River looks excellent as well. I can't wait for these films to get here because it's been slim pickings for a while now.

Retribution sounds like fun too. Seems like a cross between the 'Simon Says' routine in DH3, Phone Book and the Pierce Brosnan starring Shattered/Butterfly on a Wheel.
    Narco Sub, from the writer of 'Safe House' (I loved that Denzel flick), which follows ''a disgraced American Naval officer (Neeson) when a notorious Ecuadorian drug lord forces him to navigate a submarine full of cocaine past the U.S. Coast Guard.''

His second submarine based film. He must like those films.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Some very interesting films. I'm definitely curious.
    I am there.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Is that you, @Thunderfinger?
    What do you mean? It looks fun.
    Salma, Jackson and the great stunts make this a must see, despite the expressionless block of wood that shares top billing.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Salma, Jackson and the great stunts make this a must see, despite the expressionless block of wood that shares top billing.

He actually doesn t look too bad in this. I think it is a role that suits him.
    bondjames wrote: »

He actually doesn t look too bad in this. I think it is a role that suits him.
    Perhaps. It sort of reminds me of a more humourous take on his Safe House role. I'll never rate this guy though. I still think he knows someone to get these high profile roles (I realize Deadpool was a success).