Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,578
    It was the first trailer, only (I suppose) in Russian and released a few days before the debut of the high-res one, in English. My internet has been off for a few days because of the storms to the east of the States, so I'm not sure which debuted when, and which is considered 'new.' The one I watched earlier was like the one you posted, excluding the fight at the very end and I think a random shot or two.

Oh, and while not 'soon,' per se, Marvel is planning 'Guardians of the Galaxy' film for 2014:
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/disney-announces-release-date-change-for-untitled-marvel-film/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I have never even heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Probably because it wasn't created by Stan Lee, haha.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Finally, Matt. You shaved that stupid hair.
    Looking forward to this romp of a movie! Bring it on! :-bd
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 5,767
    THE HOBBIT is heading for the editing room. Principal fotography has been wrapped after 266 days of shooting. That´s 133 days per film. Somebody said something about the Skyfall shoot being epic?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92255
    Seven new images from 'Resident Evil: Retribution':
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92246
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Seven new images from 'Resident Evil: Retribution':
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92246
    As weird as tose films are, their set design is absolutely stunning.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,578
    I love the films. Enjoyable 90-120 minutes of pure action and zombies. I'm looking forward to this one just as much.

I had no idea Kevin Durand was in the film - hope he teams up with Alice and the gang - and it's nice to see Rodriguez and everyone back. Can't wait to see how they tackle all of the characters.

'The Loneliest Planet' trailer:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/loneliest-planet-trailer-gael-garcia-bernal-lost/

'Rise of the Guardians' trailer:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/rise-guardians-trailer-3/

New 'Lawless' trailer and weapon breakdown infographic:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/lawless-trailer-2/

New 'The Expendables 2' banner:
    expendables2bannersmall.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,462
    Since 5 July

The Double. New agent movie from the writers of Wanted directed by the first writer of Wanted and 2 Fast 2 Furious . Starring Richard Gere (The Jackal) and Topher Grace (Spider-Man 3)

16+. The Raid.

12 July

16+. Get the Gringo aka How I Spent My Summer Vacation. Mel Gibson is back. Direct & written by by the assistant director of for example: Man On Fire, Jard Head and Legend Of Zorro. Also written by Mel Gibson.

7 Days in Havana. Starring Benicio Deltoro (Licence To Kill)

Tous Ensemble. France movie.

Madagascar 3

18 July

Brave. Animated movie.

26 July

Comme Un Chef. Jean Reno as Top Chef.

Wish You Were Here

A Few Best Men

Step Up 4

Les Neiges Du Kilimandjaro

16+. ATM. Horror movie.

And the make you exited trailer for a movie in August:

Total Recall. 9 August in Dutch cinema. From the studio of ''2012''.

New Comic-Con poster unveiled for 'The Hobbit':

hobbitpostersmall.jpg
    ^
    Tolkien fans worldwide are soiling themselves.
    ^
    Tolkien fans worldwide are soiling themselves.

I didn't get into the LOTR films until last summer, when I visited a friend in Maine and he had me watch them. They're pretty enjoyable, yet somewhat drag on at times. Then again, I've never read the books, so perhaps they're well-paced for the die-hard fans.

I'm sure I'll check this out, if I get the chance to.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

This looks amazing !!
    @DC007, Koreans truly know how to make an entertaining film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @DC007, Koreans truly know how to make an entertaining film.

Totally agree. I love 'The Chaser' and 'I Saw the Devil'... am always ready to watch new south korean films :)
    Check and check. Both were excellent. I re-watched 'I Saw the Devil' roughly a month ago, and it was as great the second time as it was the first time. Is 'The Chaser' the one with the pimp and his missing girl?
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Creasy47 wrote:

Is this anything to do with District 9 or is it a completely seperate film, just by the same director?
    @Creasy47 you are correct about The Chaser

@thelivingroyale seperate film, same director
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I haven't seen the The Lord Of The Rings films since the last one come out in 2003, I must rewatch them before The Hobbit arrives. I keep telling myself I will but it hasn't happened - yet.
    As far as the Reacher film goes.. when will people stop expecting studio execs to truly adapt a story?

If they didn't take from books we'd get either no movies or crappy stories. Why does it matter what someone looks like if they can still be relative to the story?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    As far as the Reacher film goes.. when will people stop expecting studio execs to truly adapt a story?

If they didn't take from books we'd get either no movies or crappy stories. Why does it matter what someone looks like if they can still be relative to the story?

It matters who they pick for the lead, especially when the lead fictional character is being casted. It can make or break a film depending on who is the lead in the film. And it is completely possible to be original and take things from out of the books and still make them work as ideas in a film. You need people that have the talent and the determined drive to make a good film though, and not people looking to do a few gunshots and explosions and then just wait for the money to pile into their hands.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

It matters who they pick for the lead, especially when the lead fictional character is being casted. It can make or break a film depending on who is the lead in the film. And it is completely possible to be original and take things from out of the books and still make them work as ideas in a film. You need people that have the talent and the determined drive to make a good film though, and not people looking to do a few gunshots and explosions and then just wait for the money to pile into their hands.

I don't feel like Cruise has ever done a film he wasn't somewhat invested in. He's definitely an actor that likes to be involved in more than just his role. He's in no need of 'money piling in'. I think it'll be a good film. Kind of a crappy trailer though.. nothing too exciting. The average 'nice car, I can beat up guys in a circle' trailer.

I've no knowledge of the books, so I'm interested, ahah.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I don't feel like Cruise has ever done a film he wasn't somewhat invested in. He's definitely an actor that likes to be involved in more than just his role. He's in no need of 'money piling in'. I think it'll be a good film. Kind of a crappy trailer though.. nothing too exciting. The average 'nice car, I can beat up guys in a circle' trailer.

I've no knowledge of the books, so I'm interested, ahah.

I know, and that is why I love him so much. He has so much energy for everything he does, and that is highly respectable. I didn't know you were drawing from him in your comment. I was more looking at Michael you-know-who and all. I agree on the trailer as well. Not blown out of my seat, but I think it has a chance to surprise us after we learn some new things about it. I too have not read the books, so I am by no means a Reacher expert.
    Plus, the trailer was none too revealing, so I'm sure the next one will really give us a nice taste of what to expect.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'm upset about Cruise in the Reacher film because Jack's physicality was a big part of the character. He's meant to be a giant, tall and muscular who is strong enough to break a mans neck with one hand. Cruise, I just don't think is believeable as Reacher, because Reachers physicality is a big part of the character.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Yeah, it is hard to be open minded about Cruise in this role. I have read every Reacher book, enjoyed them all, and his size is ever present as a factor in each story. He is a cool character, and Cruise can probably deliver that quiet air of presence and understated, underlying sense of threat/menace - but I doubt that it will seem like the Reacher I know because - no way around it - Cruise is pretty much the opposite of him physically. Reacher in the books is like 6 ft. 5 and 220 lbs or so. Cruise is 5 ft. 6 (I think).

Reacher has a calm manner that is not outwardly threatening; just a look or a turn of phrase lets you know that he will demolish you in a heartbeat if you don't stop or get out of his way (or whatever the action required is). He's a former MP, still in very good shape, very observant, and likes being a loner with no ties.

I will give Cruise the chance, sure; I'll rent it when I can get it here and I'm interested in what everyone thinks of it. Lots of angled shots coming for sure (camera from below, looking up at Cruise, to give a sense of importantce, heft, and , yes, height).
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Reacher is a difficult cast. I don't know of any known Hollywood actors who could have done the role....

Cruise is wrong for the part but is box office draw. I had the same feelings when he killed Vampire Lestat for me.

If they were going for cool mean short man, should have gone for Statham with a wig.