Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,692
    hmmm.... please don't get too excited, but I saw the teaser trailer advert on allocine.fr, the site where the teaser will premiere, but the advert closed too fast before I got a real chance of being sure of what I saw.

I clearly read '5 PM' and I am assuming that it will for today (wednesday), as new movies premiere on wednesday in France. But it could very well be on thursday or friday...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm not seeing any links for it, sadly. I hope it's true.
    Cool! Will take a look at that when i get back from work.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It's on it's way, so that's something. Thanks for the news.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Looks like it won't be for today :( it's either tomorrow or this friday !!
    Oh no! Don't say that! Was about to go looking for it! :((
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,513
    Here's a trailer for 'Easy Money,' starring Joel Kinneman. Looks great, and anything that can be compared to the work of Stieg Larsson is good in my book:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=91881

Along with a few other random sequel bits, here are some set videos from 'A Good Day To Die Hard' and more on the plot of 'Kick-Ass 2', which is said to give away possible spoilers, for those who don't want to know much about the film:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/sequel-bits-kickass-2-a-good-day-die-hard-childs-play-6-beetlejuice-2-cloudy-2/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just heard the film "Magic Mike" called "The Citizen Kane of stripper films" in a commercial.

*ANGRYFACEPALM*
    I just heard the film "Magic Mike" called "The Citizen Kane of stripper films" in a commercial.

*ANGRYFACEPALM*

Does that mean "Hostel" is "The Citizen Kane of torture films?"

What a joke. A film about a bunch of shirtless men stripping = tons of cash back, because women will flock in the millions to see that garbage.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    taken-2.jpg
    Great poster. I can't wait to see it.
    Oh, yes. Here we go! :D
    A simple but effective poster! October is gonna be a real treat! :D
  • http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/total-recall-2012/

Total Recall = Awesome.

Biel and Kate = Big box of tissues
    Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher

JACK-REACHER_810.jpg

Richard Gere in Arbitrage

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, I am still taken aback by Cruise as Reacher. I enjoy the books; I cannot imagine nice little Tom or even badass little Tom as this character. But I will definitely see the movie, unless the reviews are uniformly negative.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I like Cruise, but really??? As Jack Reacher??? He's nothing like him.
    That's the hair Tom needed in MI:GP.
    I've always liked the MI films more when Tom has the longer hair, but I'm not sure why. M:I-2 is my favorite, followed by M:I-GP - longer hair.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've always liked the MI films more when Tom has the longer hair, but I'm not sure why. M:I-2 is my favorite, followed by M:I-GP - longer hair.

I like his MI3 hair myself. The longer hair just makes him look older. The hair works for the start of the film, what with
    him being in jail
    , but couldn't he have buzzed it? I think he looks legions better with it short.
    I wonder if they purposefully alternate it. Apparently, they're doing 'Top Gun 2' before 'M:I-5,' which is a shame, because I'm eager for another M:I already.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I wonder if they purposefully alternate it. Apparently, they're doing 'Top Gun 2' before 'M:I-5,' which is a shame, because I'm eager for another M:I already.

As am I. I am wondering what WB will do with batman after Dark knight rises.
    Here's the trailer for 'The Silver Linings Playbook':
    http://www.slashfilm.com/silver-linings-playbook-trailer/

First look at Chloe Moretz in character, along with the full synopsis of the remake of 'Carrie':
    http://www.slashfilm.com/carrie/

@Risico007, I read that Bale would like to return for a fourth, if they could do it, but I also believe that Nolan is done - he's given us a trilogy, and I doubt after all of the success of the films that they will stop. We will get a reboot or a sequel with another cast and crew in a few years, I imagine.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

As am I. I am wondering what WB will do with batman after Dark knight rises.

They'll ruin the character.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's the trailer for 'The Silver Linings Playbook':
    http://www.slashfilm.com/silver-linings-playbook-trailer/

First look at Chloe Moretz in character, along with the full synopsis of the remake of 'Carrie':
    http://www.slashfilm.com/carrie/

@Risico007, I read that Bale would like to return for a fourth, if they could do it, but I also believe that Nolan is done - he's given us a trilogy, and I doubt after all of the success of the films that they will stop. We will get a reboot or a sequel with another cast and crew in a few years, I imagine.

No, Nolan ends it with no possibilities of more sequels.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Maybe more sequels, but Nolan himself might be finished with that series, ready to move on.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Maybe more sequels, but Nolan himself might be finished with that series, ready to move on.
    He said his peace, told his story. And Nolan never beats a dead horse, no matter how much money it could make.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,692
    [double post.]
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Apparently, they're doing 'Top Gun 2' before 'M:I-5,' which is a shame, because I'm eager for another M:I already.

I doubt we'll see another Mission: Impossible until 2016 at the earliest which is a real shame as the last one was so good. It was said to be on the 'fast track' but with Top Gun 2 coming first, that can't be the case.

It's a trilogy, they'll have no way to continue it. It would be like doing The Lord Of The Rings 4. WB are rebooting it with a new film planned anywhere between 2017 and 2022 according to insiders.
    No, Nolan ends it with no possibilities of more sequels.

Sorry to burst your bubble, the the post-Nolan Batman reboot is already under works for a 2015 release.

I know that. That Batman very likely won't be in the Nolanverse though.
    Hence the word 'reboot'. ;)

We're still got Man Of Steel to look forward to next year.