Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The best part is "Fincher remains the first choice and hasn’t ruled out returning".

Both films coming out in 2015 is what some of us thought would happen and would still equate to a film every other year. Let's hope a timetable is nailed down soon before Bond 24 gets underway.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I truly love the Bond series - it's my favorite, if I haven't made that clear enough in the past - but I would absolutely kill for the final two Millennium additions via Fincher's hand. If that meant 'Bond 24' would have to be pushed back a year, then so be it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh nooooooo! Don't even say it's okay for Bond 24 to be delayed.

But I do really want the next two Millennium movies, too; for sure.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    If that meant 'Bond 24' would have to be pushed back a year, then so be it.

:O Noooooo

I'm sick of the long gaps. I want them to try and get it back to a film every 2 years.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would hate to have Bond 23 delayed 4 years only to have 24 delayed once again, and hopefully for not as long!
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Just found out about this.

Finally, after years of doing bad comedies, kids films, historical films and pointless remakes, Jackie Chan is getting back to doing what he does best.

Apparently this is Armour Of Gods 3. For anyone who doesn't know, the Armour Of Gods films are basically Jackie Chans answer to Indiana Jones.

Can't wait.
    I saw that trailer a while back and have been excited ever since, @thelivingroyale. I've been in a Jackie Chan craze lately, and have recently started picking up his films. Saw some good deals on blu-rays and DVDs of his in town today, but, like an idiot, didn't buy any of them. I recently picked up 'Police Story' and 'New Police Story' for $3 a piece at a local pawn shop.

Finally, after years of doing bad comedies, kids films, historical films and pointless remakes, Jackie Chan is getting back to doing what he does best.

Apparently this is Armour Of Gods 3. For anyone who doesn't know, the Armour Of Gods films are basically Jackie Chans answer to Indiana Jones.

Can't wait.

Cool! Looks like alot of fun! Certainly on my to see list! :-bd
    Robocop remake Omnicorp product line viral Trailer and viral site; http://www.omnicorp.com/
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 2,782

Can't wait for this one.

Can't wait.

I like Jackie Chan, but I am honestly ignorant of his films other than the American made blockbusters. So my question is, is this new one (or any of the Armour of Gods series) filmed in English? Because here in Japan, I cannot watch films that are first made in anything other than English - there are not automatically English subtitles available here. For example, I watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - the Swedish film - and had to watch it in Swedish with no (for me) understandable subtitles. :( We also seem to have plenty of French films come our way, and again I cannot understand what is being said. But I do love Jean Reno so sometimes I rent them anyway. Sigh ...
    @4EverBonded you should try and watch Jackie Chan in Chinese, even if you don´t understand what he´s saying. Firstly, Jackie Chan in Chinese is fun to listen to, and secondly, his Hong Kong films are much much better than anything he did in the US. Anyway, in most of his Hong Kong films, the plot is merely an excuse to lead from one action scene into the next. Plus, you can´t get confused too much, cause Jackie´s always the good guy ;-).
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Yep Jackie Chans Hong Kong films are much better than his US ones. @4EverBonded Here are the films dubbed in English. But yeah you can watch them in Chinese and still understand what's going on.

edited August 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Thanks very much, both of you! I will watch them for sure. I bet I can figure out what is going on, and I love watching Jackie in action. (there's a bit of an inside joke in that sentence somewhere, if you know my name ...)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2012 Posts: 4,458
    Tomorrow 6 September 2012:

The Bourne Legacy. 4th Bourne movie. September is stil Bourne month. Wil this movie better then the last 2 now this part have with 135 minutes a longer screentime.

16+. The Angels' Share

Your Sister's Sister.

35968.jpg

12+. Ronal Barbaren (In 3D). Danish Animated movie, released in English. Also releasing in Belgium.

De Verbouwing. Dutch movie from directer of Gooische Vrouwen (a movie made in 2010 with boxoffice numbers close to the one of Avatar.) & Terug naar de Kust. Based on the novel from Saskia Noort(Terug naar de Kust).

7 September: re-release of Twilight 3: Eclipse.

11 September:

Cleanskin. Are Sean Bean and Charlotte Rampling playing James Bond and M. With 108 minutes, 2 minutes longer then QOS.

13 September:

Ruby Sparks. Also starring Antonio Banderas.

Detachment. Starring: Christina Hendricks (Mad Men), William Petersen (Ex CSI), Adrien Brody (King Kong), James Caan and Lucy Liu.

Ted. First there whas Mel Gibson talking to a Teddy Beer, now a Teddy beer is talking to Michael Walhberg.

Barbara. From Germany.

À perdre la raison. France.

20 September

16+. The Possession. Thriller/horror.

2 Days in New York. New comedy/drama with Chris Rock. Also starring and directed by Julie Delpy. ''2 days in New York'' is a sequel from the in 2007 released ''2 days in Paris''.

Shadow Dancer. Starring Clive Owen and (my Bond girl sugestion) Andrea Riseborough. Also starring Gillian Anderson (X-files) and Domhnall Gleeson.

16+. Bait (3D)

Laurence Anyways. France.

27 September:

Den skaldede frisør. Danish/Swedish movie With Pierce Brosnan!!.

Being Flynn. With Robert De Niro. From the directer Of Little Fockers.

Hope Springs. With Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones (MIB3)

16+. Savages

O som ao redor. From Brazil, not the American version.

And October preview, release date 4 October:

Resident Evil 5: Retribution (3D)

• Teaser trailer for Spielbergs "Lincoln" (the full trailer will arrive this thursday)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Who is Joseph playing in Lincoln??
  • i have absolutely no idea, haha I was surprised to see he was even in this :P
    edited September 2012 Posts: 40,528
    I already know the music for Lincoln is going to be gorgeous.

And the acting. And directing. And cast. This is going to be one fine film.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:

And the acting. And directing. And cast. This is going to be one fine film.
    I wonder who is playing Booth?? I went onto a Yahoo article last night and saw the trailer featured, and laughed my arse off when I looked at the comments. One said "I bet he dies in the end". :))

EDIT: This looks very interesting:
  • Does Lincoln hunt vampires in this one? ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A Godzilla reboot is out on May 16, 2014. Wahay!...

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/godzilla-unleased-by-warner-bros-for-may-16-2014/
    I didn't think anyone would be playing John Wilkes Booth, as it's going to end before his assassination/having any interaction with Booth, apparently.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I didn't think anyone would be playing John Wilkes Booth, as it's going to end before his assassination/having any interaction with Booth, apparently.

Well it eclipses the last 4 months of his life, and they showed some footage of a theater in the trailer, so I just assumed. It would be great to finish the film with him going into the theater, show him receiving his playbill for "Our American Cousin", and then as he sits in his box seat the screen goes black.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 12,459
    TAKEN II - Ok, is it out in your theatres yet? @creasy47 or @samuel001, anybody know? It was opening somewhere Sept. 7th ...??? Maybe just a festival.
    Has anyone seen it? I can't wait - please let me know. I don't care about spoilers for this one. I'll see it anywhere as soon as it hits Japan.
    TAKEN II - Ok, is it out in your theatres yet? @creasy47 or @samuel001, anybody know? It was opening somewhere Sept. 7th ...??? Maybe just a festival.
    Has anyone seen it? I can't wait - please let me know. I don't care about spoilers for this one. I'll see it anywhere as soon as it hits Japan.

I don't know how, but it has an 8.7 on IMDb. It hits the US October 5th, coincidentally James Bond day, and right before my date of birth.
    Thanks, 0Brady! Yeah, it was shown at a festival somewhere now and I was thinking it was in theatres somewhere already ...
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Anybody else excited for this? Sounds amazing and a spectacularly clever idea to boot!