The Farewell Thread (or taking a hiatus)

1235»

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Quoting Max-Zorin: I seem to have picked a bad day to return. Sometimes it's nice to just have a
    break from the place and great to some familiar figures still here, despite all
    the changes. I'm sure it'll just take a while to adapt to. Anyway nice to be
    back.

M-Z, welcome back. :) Do drop by the resurrected horror thread, wont you.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 886
    Quoting MajorDSmythe: Do drop by the resurrected horror thread, wont you.
    Similarly, I resurrected the Bond and BlofeldCatCapCon to give some people continuity from the old site. First thing I did TBH to make myself and others feel more at home.
    I hope those who entered before so brilliantly will do so again and the newbies too.
    The threads are in this forum. I would be honoured for people take part.
    Maj Smythe and Nids have christened them already... ^:)^
    Quoting retrokitty: This format is ugly but I'm still here and so are others that will give it a go. But please understand that what's happened isn't a change in format, it's a PR disaster. How on earth can anyone expect people to want to rebuild if the library of information and the people putting in the effort to build it are worthless to the hosts?
    Don't worry. You won't get a real answer. They are too ashamed about losing their goods.

All you'll get it is a smartass one liner from James Page about how he doesn't give a shit about old members.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
    I think I'll be taking a bit of a break for now. I graduate in a few weeks, so it's time to focus on my postgrad work. I want to get through a full year without failing a subject, which I admit that I haven't done since 2008. Between work, my responsibilities around college, girlfriend and no particular love (or hate; I'm ambivalent) to the new forum format, I think it's about time I took a rest. I might drop in on occasion once more discussiosn start up.
    I'm just on CB.n to have a look and quite a few members are on there now from here,so it looks like a lot of this working will have to rely on new members.
  • Quoting shadowonthesun: I think I'll be taking a bit of a break for now. I graduate in a few weeks, so it's time to focus on my postgrad work. I want to get through a full year without failing a subject, which I admit that I haven't done since 2008. Between work, my responsibilities around college, girlfriend and no particular love (or hate; I'm ambivalent) to the new forum format, I think it's about time I took a rest. I might drop in on occasion once more discussiosn start up.

Sorry to see you go Shadow, good luck with college.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Quoting barryt007:
    I'm just on CB.n to have a look and quite a few members are
    on there now from here,so it looks like a lot of this working will have to rely
    on new members.

Hopefully some will return in time. It's sad to think this situation has caused such a mess with the great community we once had. :-((
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Oh.... I forgot to leave my legacy to MI6 when I left:

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/p9ocb6rauf8yxaqtvricldoi6zcwm0g9

:)>-
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 4,622
    Quoting j7wild:
    Oh.... I forgot to leave my legacy to MI6 when I left:

====Thank you for the generous parting gift J7. She makes jogging look like such bouncy, fun sport. Very kind of you :p
    Quoting M_Balje: I buld more then 9 years of mi6forums experience with more then 2200 messages it is dificult to buld something new again. In 2002 when i re-register i have mabey a litle bit more then 1 year of bulding things. My succes on the forum board happend also because old messages stay around. I leave Dutch forum board because there don't have the option to let stay those older messages and i am walking against some problems in the community if you must stil explain things or i don't understad them.

If people see my older messages there understand me better sometimes. Of course it also happend the other way around, because bulding a new image isn't always easy. if i leave some of my older post behind me or find a way to post less or other intrest.

I have now a big need to talk about Creativity, theater and filming and and whant find other ways then yusing 007 only to do this.

In specialy if we talking about creativity. I always thinking about a way to bulding a new way of posting, extented my post to another level in the way finding new ways of posting things about other things and a way how i can leave old subject and found new one.

Specialy because this new one is linked to social media i think to yuse that to leave.
    Well, Balje. You were a forum hero, and still are, if you ask me.

If you're jumping ship, I wish you all the best.

"Illegitimi non carborundum", as they say.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 3,279
    Sorry everyone at MI6 who have tried to make these changes to improve the forum, but I don't like it at all. This looks more like a social networking site than a forum now.

I can't believe I was a member for 6 years, with all my posts, and now they've been erased just like that. And all the history that was on MI6 - with characters gone by like Gravity Sillhouette, Bondfan, Thrice etc. all erased.

What happened???

I'm quite sad today seeing this forum. I'll always hold a special place for MI6, as it was the first forum I ever registered on, but this new look is not for me.

Thanks for the fun and memories. It was great while it lasted....
    After today i will be off-line until 26th April ....
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    See you soon @barryt007! Keep safe and we all look forward to your return.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Thought it might be good to bring this thread current as I am going on hiatus ... (if there is a newer thread for this purpose, then please let me know, mods)

I will be off the boards, away from this website entirely, from this coming Friday (Oct. 19th) until about December 9th. Yes it is due to Skyfall. It does not open in Japan until the week in DECEMBER. A far too long wait. But nothing I can do about it. And I don't want this movie spoiled for me by knowing too much ahead of viewing it.

So for this last week for me online, please keep those spoiler tags in place (I, and others, do appreciate it!) and also keep your thread titles spoiler free; thanks!

I am really looking forward to Skyfall, and I will miss all my interaction and discussions on this forum. I shall return for sure. And I'm sure I will have some final comments before leaving this Friday.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Farewell, thread.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,804
    EDIT: Scrap that idea then!
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    Goodbye to @peter
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Farewell @peter.