The 2nd Annual MI6 Community Awards *Nominations For The Biggest Brosnan Bond Fan*

2»

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I like Craig too and rank him alongside Dalton.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Dragonpol wrote:

You make joke, yes?

It was meant as a joke, yes. Fear not!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote:

Wow, for some reason I thought I was posting that last comment in the Craig Nominations thread, but I didn't realize this was the Brosnan one.

Disregard that post, folks. :\">
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sorry, wrong thread. Were you looking for the hair thread, like me?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote:

Wow, for some reason I thought I was posting that last comment in the Craig Nominations thread, but I didn't realize this was the Brosnan one.

Me too, actually. I was completely thrown by that.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Dragonpol wrote:

You know, I very nearly did that as well!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No, they're right. Between @CraigisnotBond and @MajorDSmythe, this competition is basically over. @Germanlady doesn't even stand a chance with those two nominated. I'ver rarely seen such big Craig devotees in my life. I just had a conversation with MajorD and he kept going on and on passionately about how Daniel made him completely forget any Dalton ever did he was so good, and that the Craig era (especially QoS) were the best Bond films ever made. He was also quite adamant to add that Vesper is the best Bond girl and that a blonde Bond was the best thing that could have happened to the franchise since Dalton left the role. What a change of heart that man has had after all this time.

What can I say, I worship the ground Daniel Craig walks on. Secretly, I loathe the Dalton era.

On a serious note, I really am not against a blonde actor in the role. When Craig was announced back in 2005, I gave him the same benefit that I would have given James Purefoy, or Rupert Penry-Jones or any actor chosen. I just dislike how Bond has been acted and written in the last few films. So the colour of Craig's hair is irrelevant for this particular fan.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks for the nomination, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs! I do love Pierce as Bond and have never wavered from that. I won't win it, I'm sure, but I am happy for the nomination.
    Cheers! (Now let me go find a mojito to celebrate, while listening to the World Cup).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @4EverBonded, make me a mojito, too, please?

"I'm a fiend for mojitos."
    Got a pitcher all ready for you. Come on over; it's just about a 20 hr trip.
    :D
    Got a pitcher all ready for you. Come on over; it's just about a 20 hr trip.
    :D

If mojitos are waiting for me (at the lovely price of free), then the destination time is irrelevant! :D
    Okay, you're on! Free mojitos, and I'll throw in some fresh sushi, stunning views of the Seto Inland Sea, and a private soak in a nearby mountain onsen (hot springs). Just bring me a homemade super duper cheeseburger and I'm happy. Deal?
    Okay, you're on! Free mojitos, and I'll throw in some fresh sushi, stunning views of the Seto Inland Sea, and a private soak in a nearby mountain onsen (hot springs). Just bring me a homemade super duper cheeseburger and I'm happy. Deal?

I like your style. I can most certainly bring that, albeit an incredibly cold one. :-/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    No, they're right. Between @CraigisnotBond and @MajorDSmythe, this competition is basically over. @Germanlady doesn't even stand a chance with those two nominated. I'ver rarely seen such big Craig devotees in my life. I just had a conversation with MajorD and he kept going on and on passionately about how Daniel made him completely forget any Dalton ever did he was so good, and that the Craig era (especially QoS) were the best Bond films ever made. He was also quite adamant to add that Vesper is the best Bond girl and that a blonde Bond was the best thing that could have happened to the franchise since Dalton left the role. What a change of heart that man has had after all this time.

What can I say, I worship the ground Daniel Craig walks on. Secretly, I loathe the Dalton era.

On a serious note, I really am not against a blonde actor in the role. When Craig was announced back in 2005, I gave him the same benefit that I would have given James Purefoy, or Rupert Penry-Jones or any actor chosen. I just dislike how Bond has been acted and written in the last few films. So the colour of Craig's hair is irrelevant for this particular fan.

Oh, I know, I'm just pulling your leg and all that jazz. I'm glad there are members like you around who can openly criticize Craig's Bond and help level me when it comes to my love for his era, as impossible a task as that may be.
  • Have we all forgotten about @Getafix? Surely he deserves to be in the running.
    Have we all forgotten about @Getafix? Surely he deserves to be in the running.

I thought nominating him was irrelevant, seeing as how he's going to win it, anyway...
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Have we all forgotten about @Getafix? Surely he deserves to be in the running.

I thought nominating him was irrelevant, seeing as how he's going to win it, anyway...

They said Hillary was inevitable too. @Thunderfinger is poised to play Obama in this race.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Getafix is the biggest threat against my victory here. I need to make some friends.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,687
    There is more Brosnan love here than I sometimes realise.
    Warms my cold, cold heart. B-)
    @Getafix is the biggest threat against my victory here. I need to make some friends.

Or you could go the Stalinistic route and just axe him. Er, I mean...make him take a "vacation."

Or you could go the Stalinistic route and just axe him. Er, I mean...make him take a "vacation."

He'd just pull a Trotsky and, you know, not die.
    My nominations here could go to a lot of people but off the top of my head, I'd lean toward at @creasy @murdock @chrisisall and @foreverbonded. tough tie to break.