The Battle Of The Bonds Elimination Game. Post game discussion.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @Creasy47, just act like I didn't change anything and follow Timmer's lead. @timmer, I'm sorry too. Like I said, I've been having a bad day today and when I have a bad day, I tend to say stupid things. Sorry everyone. proceed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Fair enough.

Friday Vote:

Sean Connery: 83 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 55 (+1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

Friday Vote:

Sean Connery: 84 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 54 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,350
    If only they all started with ten points each, eh? :)

Seriously though, it's good to see this back to how it was, even though we know who the ultimate winner will be due to their being an equal number of Connery and Moore supporters, at least we'll reach an end next month.

I'll be back voting tomorrow!
  • Friday Vote:

Sean Connery: 85+
    Roger Moore: 53-

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • So...I guess I get to vote again, since the earlier one was cancelled.

Sean Connery: 86 +1
    Roger Moore: 52 -1

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • Saturday
    Sean Connery: 87+
    Roger Moore: 51-

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    @Murdock, I just want to say that I understand how these games can get you very frustrated at times and that that can make you want to say some crazy stuff, but all the same, I respect that you saw your mistake, owned it, and worked to resolve it. Respect

Sean Connery: 86 -1
    Roger Moore: 52 +1

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

Sorry between never say never again diamonds are forever thunderball (which while ok is not great) and the vastly overrated Goldfinger Connery is not my favorite sure he brilliant in dr no from Russia with love and even you only love twice but I still put him fourth. Craig should be dukeing it out with Connery (and winning in my opinion) but because of the negativity Connery has had about the role in recent years no he just can't win
    Sean Connery: 85 -1
    Roger Moore: 53 +1

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Sean Connery: 86 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 52 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Saturday
    Sean Connery: 85 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 53 (+1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) George Lazenby
    6) David Niven
    7) Pierce Brosnan
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited June 2014 Posts: 7,314
    Well, that got pretty crazy. I am glad to see Connery have his lead back even though I wish for Moore to win. It's more important to me that the game is played fairly.

Saturday
    Sean Connery: 84 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 54 (+1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Saturday

Sean Connery: 85 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 53 (-1)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Saturday

Sean Connery: 84 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 54 (+1)
    Sean Connery: 85 +1
    Roger Moore: 53 -1
    First thing first, thank you for restoring the proper score.

Sean Connery: 84 -1
    Roger Moore: 54 +1

Removing a point a day from both remaining contestant seems to me the right way to go.
    Sean Connery: 86 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 52 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazen
    Sean Connery: 87 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 51 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazen
    Saturday

Sean Connery: 88 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 50 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazen
  • Sean Connery: 89 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 49 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazen
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 414
    Saturday

Sean Connery: 90 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 48 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazen
    Saturday Vote:

Sean Connery: 89 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 49 (+1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazen

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazen
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Saturday
    Sean Connery: 91 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 47 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazen

and I'd like to thank @murdock for the work he has put in on this game and his general contributions to the overall board...and that is a smart looking puppet he has too.....and I will try to be kinder and gentler.....
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sunday vote:

Sean Connery: 90 -1
    Roger Moore: 48 +1

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

article-2346928-1A782A22000005DC-555_634x873.jpg

Hmmm, Sean is getting more votes. Time to put on the Moore charm.
    Maybe add an eyebrow raise.

I don't have a vote anymore. I couldn't care less about the game after what happened on the last page.

I just want to thank @Murdock for all the work he's done with this game, putting it together. I really think as a forum a lot of you have been incredibly ungrateful towards him. You felt the game was at a standstill, he tried to speed it up, he gets attacked for it. I just don't understand. I'm incredibly angry at this situation right now. He doesn't owe any of you anything and he's certainly under no obligation to run the game.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Alright, this time it's personal. ;)

Sean Connery: 89 -1
    Roger Moore: 49 +1

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    I don't have a vote anymore. I couldn't care less about the game after what happened on the last page.

I just want to thank @Murdock for all the work he's done with this game, putting it together. I really think as a forum a lot of you have been incredibly ungrateful towards him. You felt the game was at a standstill, he tried to speed it up, he gets attacked for it. I just don't understand. I'm incredibly angry at this situation right now. He doesn't owe any of you anything and he's certainly under no obligation to run the game.

Thank you for the kind words @StirredNotShaken. It's because of yesterday I decided to take my hiatus but since I'm back, I will say this. I harbor no ill will towards anyone here. Though as I said earlier, I have no desire to start up another one of these elimination games. That being said, tempers have unreasonably run high here and I don't appreciate that. It's a game folks. A game of numbers and chance. I didn't see the harm of evening the odds for the final stretch but some saw that as cheating or biased behavior. Which it wasn't. I had nothing but good and honest intentions some of the comments aimed at me were hurtful to read and it made me feel like some of the trolls we've seen in recent times. I admit I might not responded to criticisms in the best ways but I've had my share of hardships recently. I've put up with a lot of things in my 23 years of life, but a wise women I've seen on screen numerous times said something that I take to heart. Don't make it personal. Though I strongly suggest. Next time something like this happens down the road, be civil to that game creator. Kindness and respect will get you farther down the road than anger and outcry. I come here everyday for the kind people and friendly discussions. I've been on other forums before and this one has been the best, I never want that to change.
    I don't believe I did, @Murdock, but if I came across as rude at all in my two comments, I do apologize. I was going to have a busy day so I only had a few minutes to spare on this site, and I just didn't have the time to read everything and figure out what was going on. Like I stated elsewhere, you're the host of the game, it's your rules. If someone concocts an idea and has the chance to run with it and create a game out of it, then he should get all the say in how its played (within reason. I couldn't imagine playing a game like this where everyone starts out with 1,000 points ;-)).

So with that, like Murdock said, it's a game. Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little competition. I know I got heated when Kara beat Natalya in the Elimination Game I'm running, but I'm not going to shoot anyone or chew anyone out over that. It's a game. Sometimes we take it too seriously, and other times it can be a great deal of fun. We just need to continue focusing on the fact that we're playing games, something that should be enjoyed as we trek through these next few months waiting for more B24 news. I'll try and remember that, as well, as should everyone else. There's no need to get mad at a creator of a game, no need to leave because someone loses or a game changes, and no need to point fingers or complain. We need to just have some fun.

Now, having said that, let me hang on to a glimmer of hope that Moore might come back and win over the next week or so. Doubtful, but a man can dream! :-)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby