The Battle Of The Bonds Elimination Game. Post game discussion.

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited June 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Sean Connery: 45 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 55 (+1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

Look, I think some people need to accept that Connery is not everybody's Bond. For me, and lots of other people, Moore will always be the best incarnation of James Bond. Just as Lazenby is somebody's Bond, just as Brosnan is. Come on Sir Roger!
    Sean Connery: 46 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 54 (-1)

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby

This is embarrassing.
    I accept that Connery isn't everyone's Bond, but it's still crazy to me that Moore (at least apparently on this site for the time being) is more people's Bond than Connery. Just surprising. I like every Bond actor at this point, though my list is pretty different from this one's too.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 1,405
    Although I like Roger a lot better than Connery, I don't agree to start over with an even number of points. Connery got 80 some points from distinguished members of this forum and to remove those 30 points is a disrespect to all of them. So if the score from yesterday are not restored I'm quitting this game. Why? Because if Roger wins it, it will sadly be a tainted victory. Roger deserves a clean, undisputed win, so does Connery for that matter.

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Sean Connery: 46 +1
    Roger Moore: 54 -1

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited June 2014 Posts: 7,314
    It does seem rather unfair for Connery to have lost all of those points while Moore only lost a few...

Friday

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Friday

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
    Friday

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm not a fan of the numbers resetting either. I gave up on these elimination games a while back, but still, it's principle. You're basically taking the votes of myself and the rest of those who voted for Connery and erasing them from history. Hardly fair.
    Agree shame that Connery lost a 28 point lead
    I'm not a fan of the numbers resetting either. I gave up on these elimination games a while back, but still, it's principle. You're basically taking the votes of myself and the rest of those who voted for Connery and erasing them from history. Hardly fair.
    I could not agree more!!! Setting them equal was a truly unfair and misguided move. I find it even more distasteful that @Murdock did this when he clearly has it out for Sean, and wants to see him lose. I understand that its your game, but don't let your "personal taste" ruin this game for everyone else. Thats just criminally selfish!!! Very disappointed in this game right now. @Murdock, do the right thing and change the numbers back!!!

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Sean Connery: 47 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 53 (-1)
  • Wait, I thought we were doing the shave off a point every night? Making them even is cheapening Connery's gains earlier, and is only going to lead to stalemate at 50 as opposed to 80.

Sean Connery: 48 (+1)
    Roger Moore: 52 (-1)

And seriously, where in the blue hell did all these Moore fans come from?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Wait, I thought we were doing the shave off a point every night? Making them even is cheapening Connery's gains earlier, and is only going to lead to stalemate at 50 as opposed to 80.
    Murdock changes his mind as often as his bedsheet
    Sean Connery: 47 (-1)
    Roger Moore: 53 (+1)

And seriously, where in the blue hell did all these Moore fans come from?

We struck a deal with @Mooredock. That is my vote up there, by the way.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    You are lovely. Who is the brute on the left?

Oh you. =))
    Murdock wrote:
    The game was at a stand still and something had to be done to move it along. I don't have it out for anyone. I gave Both Connery and Moore EQUAL POINTS that's hardly having it in for someone.

Of course it is "having it in for someone". When one of the candidates leading margin is at roughly 30 points, of course it's not fair to erase that entire lead. And how thus equaling the points make things "move along"? Moore is basically as far away from being eliminated as he was before. If this has any effect it will to lengthen this game's duration, not shorten it.

I guess you have every right to do as you did, this being your thread. But that doesn't make it fair. It doesn't exactly work in your favour either that you have consistently been voting for Moore after Brosnan was aliminated. And although I don't care too much about the outcome of this game, I find your argumentation here quite ridiculous...
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Murdock wrote:
    1004063_541574929213796_1706762429_n.jpg

The ventriloquist Mooreduck (very best Duck) gives his puppet the @thunderfinger for being nasty and pooping in his hand. In his own thread.
    Just declare Moore the winner.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 824
    I don't understand why we went from a strong Connery lead 83-55 to 50-50. Doesn't seem very fair. Why didn't you just deduct 40 points from each or half the number of point for each. After all this time this is now a farce.
  • Clearly Moore has to be the winner.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 824
    We should go back to 83-55 and then use +1 -2
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Murdock wrote:
    I could not agree more!!! Setting them equal was a truly unfair and misguided move. I find it even more distasteful that @Murdock did this when he clearly has it out for Sean, and wants to see him lose. I understand that its your game, but don't let your "personal taste" ruin this game for everyone else. Thats just criminally selfish!!! Very disappointed in this game right now. @Murdock, do the right thing and change the numbers back!!!

Here's an idea. Start your own game. Don't bash me over my choices. The game was at a stand still and something had to be done to move it along. I don't have it out for anyone. I gave Both Connery and Moore EQUAL POINTS that's hardly having it in for someone. And yeah It might hurt those who had voted for Connery but in the end. It's a GAME. And for your information @sirseanisbond I do want Moore to win. Why? Because of all the bashing him and broz have received, It's nice to see him getting some respect for a change instead of Connery's the best and everyone else sucked. I evened the odds. I don't see how that's bad. Your just upset that your precious Sean is currently in second place, and you know what? I was pretty ticked when Brosnan lost but you didn't see me foaming at the mouth shouting CHANGE THE SCORES. In a long game such as this rules have to be changed. Shaving a point off each wasn't working so I decided to do the only thing that worked.If you want Sean to win then vote for him.

End of rant.

This the stupidest most childish post I think that I have ever read on the web anywhere.
    @murdock brazenly strips more than 30 points off the candidate that he brazenly doesn't support, conveniently ignoring the fact that he is openly biased against said candidate, nevermind that the idea of stripping 30 points off one name and none from the other is idiotic in the first place.
    The game is done. its now been rigged by the simpleton in charge. @murdock doesn't have the organizational skills to run a two-car parade.
    Sorry for being so insulting but @murdock has wasted all of our time on this game. The results are now meaningless, not to mention entirely arbitrary.

I would suggest that mods run games in future. Not unqualified members. We can all at least defer to a mod's authority as mod....

Murdock wrote:
    What would you rather have me do? It wasn't a big loss anyway. Connery was winning by 20 points. If you have a better idea, please let me know.
    Any idea would have been a better idea.
    But here's some ideas that have worked in the past, maybe before your time.
    Take 50% totals off each name and/or increase the increment to +/- 5 points.
    If one has a grasp of, I think Grade 8 math, you will realize both methods are perfectly fair, and respectful of votes that have come before. Its not that tough to figure out.
    But again we need mods running these games, not some guy who takes his orders from his monkey puppet.
    Murdock wrote:
    jobo wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    The game was at a stand still and something had to be done to move it along. I don't have it out for anyone. I gave Both Connery and Moore EQUAL POINTS that's hardly having it in for someone.

Of course it is "having it in for someone". When one of the candidates leading margin is at roughly 30 points, of course it's not fair to erase that entire lead. And how thus equaling the points make things "move along"? Moore is basically as far away from being eliminated as he was before. If this has any effect it will to lengthen this game's duration, not shorten it.

I guess you have every right to do as you did, this being your thread. But that doesn't make it fair. It doesn't exactly work in your favour either that you have consistently been voting for Moore after Brosnan was aliminated. And although I don't care too much about the outcome of this game, I find your argumentation here quite ridiculous...

What would you rather have me do? It wasn't a big loss anyway. Connery was winning by 20 points. If you have a better idea, please let me know.

When Connery had 1,5 (roughly) of Moores score, of course it is a huge change...

There have been several ideas being suggested and discussed. (Personally I'm fan of the "equal cut" idea we have used before.) None of them are Perfect of course, but this has to rank as the worst for two reasons: 1) It's the least fair idea. And (more importantly) 2) It doesn't even speed things. On the contrary it slows Things down.

The only ones who get an advantage out of this are those who want Moore to win, no matter how long it takes. The least thing you could have done was to take it up for discussion before deciding...
    @timmer, fortunately for you, after this game is finished, I have no desire to start or participate in another one of these games again. I was just trying to make the final stretch of this game fair. Have a nice day while I try to salvage mine. :-L
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    Alright, that's it I've had enough. I've been having a bad day today so I'm going to take @Thunderfinger's advice.
    Give Connery and Moore 100 points each and give everyone a +1/-2 vote every day. It will end in time, and they both stand an equal chance. The most popular will win with no stalemate or required interference or arguing.

One last note, If you've already voted today, you may vote again seeing as it's a new score.

Sean Connery: 100
    Roger Moore: 100

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig.
    4)Timothy Dalton.
    5)Pierce Brosnan.
    6) George Lazenby.

Go.
    I don't meant to be rude, but if the whole point of these new methods in the elimination game is to stop any stalemates, why go from 50/50 to 100/100? We might as well just go back to the original scores which were the accumulative votes of everyone participating in this game from the start, and use @Thunderfingers idea of voting down 2 and up one each time we contribute. Any other way just doesn't make sense. Sean had a massive, and I mean massive lead that was only just expanding, but was cut short in favor of an unfair point change that made the two equal, which wasn't the case before. If it was Moore who was 28 points ahead and the scores were altered there'd be the same kind of outrage, after all.
    Sorry for wasting everybody's time. Here's the scores before I altered anything. Have a nice day.

Sean Connery: 83
    Roger Moore: 55

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    *shakes head* I'm so lost right now. I don't even have time to read all this and figure out what's going on. Once this reaches a steady pace, I'll return.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Murdock wrote:
    @timmer, fortunately for you, after this game is finished, I have no desire to start or participate in another one of these games again. I was just trying to make the final stretch of this game fair. Have a nice day while I try to salvage mine. :-L
    OK fine. I apologize for being so harsh. I am sure you are a decent sort, and as you mentioned earlier its only a game.
    In that spirit I will take up your offer to continue where we left off before the big meltdown, but I do think that only a MOD should be making any future decisions regarding how this game is ultimately resolved. That's why they get the big bucks.

Friday vote
    Sean Connery: 84 +1
    Roger Moore: 54 -1

Eliminated:
    3) Daniel Craig
    4) Timothy Dalton
    5) Pierce Brosnan
    6) George Lazenby