The Battle Of The Bonds Elimination Game. Post game discussion.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sean Connery : 59
    Roger Moore : 38 (-1)
    Timothy Dalton : 4 (+1)
    Daniel Craig : 37

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby

Must save Dalton, must burn Moore!
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 414
    Thursday

Roger Moore : 38
    Timothy Dalton : 5 (+1)
    Daniel Craig : 36 (-1)

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby

It might be futule, but... to the bitter end.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Fix your points, and stop stealing @MajorDSmythe's words, @Sly.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 7,506
    Fix your points, and stop stealing @MajorDSmythe's words, @Sly.

In fact, if I remember correctly, they were my words! ;)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,425
    I find this fighting over Tim's corpse a little disrespectful to be honest. I think he should be left in peace.

Let the real fight between Craigbo and Sir Rog commence!
    Getafix wrote:
    I find this fighting over Tim's corpse a little disresepectful to be honest. I think he should be left in peace.

Let the real fight between Craigbo and Sir Rog commence!

And Connery,dont count on him winning,i for one will be -1 him every round after Timbo goes.

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited June 2014 Posts: 7,314
    Thursday
    Roger Moore : 39 (+1)
    Timothy Dalton : 4 (-1)

Daniel Craig : 36

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
    I am confident that Sean's position is secure. Anything less than 1st place would make a complete mockery of this entire process.
    Edit
    Getafix wrote:
    I am confident that Sean's position is secure. Anything less than 1st place would make a complete mockery of this entire process.

Why ?

Thursday
    Sean Connery : 58 -1
    Roger Moore : 39
    Timothy Dalton : 5 +1

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited June 2014 Posts: 7,314
    I fixed it now.
    barryt007 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Why ?

I'm being a bit hyperbolic. But basically, in my view (and I think many others) there isn't really much contest for top spot.

Of course there are always those who think the current is the best. The same was true during Brosnan's era. Although the term used is usually 'best since Connery'. Which says it all.
    pachazo wrote:
    I fixed it now.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Tim on 54 for a second there!
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 19,339

Just out of curiosity,do you personally prefer Connery or Dalton ?

barryt007 wrote:
    Just out of curiosity,do you personally prefer Connery or Dalton ?

Connery, of course. But Dalton is one of my favourites. I'd put him in third place, just behind Sir Rog. But I like Craigbo and Laz as well.

Dalton behind Moore? A travesty!
    Dalton behind Moore? A travesty!

For me it really comes down to the number and quality of their movies. I am big fan of TLD, but LTK is not really my cup of tea (although there are plenty of enjoyable moments). The totality of Rog's work simply outweighs Tim's. There is more of it and much of it is a lot of fun. I consider TSWLM a top 5 film, and OP and FYEO are two of my favourites.

Had Tim done three or four it would perhaps have been more of an even match. But alas, his tenure was cut short by legal wranglings and the Oirish usurper.

It is a shame may be that Tim didn't start one film earlier, with AVTAK.

I love the way that TLD represents a last hurrah to the cold war. To be fair to Brosnan, I think it has taken a long time for Bond to find a place in the post cold war era. There was always a risk that the character just became an anachronism - as I think he did during Brosnan's era. But post 9/11, and with surveillance etc. constantly in the headlines, the world of espionage is as relevant as ever, if significantly less glamorous than it once seemed.
    Sean Connery : 57 -1
    Timothy Dalton : 6 +1

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby

Sorry but the older I get the less nostalgic about Connery I get I usually place him third in my personal list do I get he was EXTREMLY important yes
    Risico007 wrote:
    Sorry but the older I get the less nostalgic about Connery I get I usually place him third in my personal list do I get he was EXTREMLY important yes

Same here,he is my 3rd favourite only as well.
    Sean Connery : 57
    Roger Moore : 38 -1
    Timothy Dalton : 6
    Daniel Craig : 37 +1

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have absolutely no problem in saying that Connery is not the best Bond, Dalton is. There is a chance that Connery won't win this game, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Sean Connery : 57
    Roger Moore : 39 (+1)
    Timothy Dalton : 5 (-1)
    Daniel Craig : 37

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
    I have absolutely no problem in saying that Connery is not the best Bond, Dalton is. There is a chance that Connery won't win this game, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Odds seem pretty good (to me, at least) that it'll come down to a battle of Connery Vs. Moore.

Odds seem pretty good (to me, at least) that it'll come down to a battle of Connery Vs. Moore.

If thats the case i know whose camp i will be in !

barryt007 wrote:

If thats the case i know whose camp i will be in !

The camp camp?
    Got it in one @Getafix ;)
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,622
    SaintMark wrote:
    @Timmer please remove the -1 after Dalton as in the copying you forgot to delete it.
    the next guy got it, but I've removed the mark too from the original post.
    :)

Thursday
    Sean Connery : 59 (+1)
    Timothy Dalton : 4
    Daniel Craig : 36 -1

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby
    I don't mind saying Dalton is fourth best. He may have portrayed Bond as dark and ruthless but Fleming did also write Bond as very cool, charismatic and suave. All qualities Dalton severely lacked.
  • Thursday
    Sean Connery : 60+
    Roger Moore : 38-
    Timothy Dalton : 4

Eliminated:
    5. Pierce Brosnan
    6. George Lazenby