Could Kincade return in Bond 24?

2»

Comments

But one loose end from Skyfall was the guy who got shot for viewing a painting before trying to bed Severine.
    Silva had more than one guy killed. That scene could easily be explained away as a means to show how Bond traces down Patrice. When I watch the film, I usually forget about wondering who the killed person might have been.
    On the other hand, it could as easily be pulled out again by Bond explaining to M that while he traced down Patrice he witnessed a murder, and the killed guy could fit into the current case.

• boldfinger wrote:
    But one loose end from Skyfall was the guy who got shot for viewing a painting before trying to bed Severine.
    Silva had more than one guy killed. That scene could easily be explained away as a means to show how Bond traces down Patrice. When I watch the film, I usually forget about wondering who the killed person might have been.
    On the other hand, it could as easily be pulled out again by Bond explaining to M that while he traced down Patrice he witnessed a murder, and the killed guy could fit into the current case.

True, the story could be mentioned in a way that doesn't make or break audiences who haven't seen SF yet. Mendes has only mentioned the topic of an aging Bond as being continued for the next film.
  • RC7RC7
    I don't know if Kinkade will come back but there may be some loose ends with him, none of which came out of the dialogue in Skyfall.

But one loose end from Skyfall was the guy who got shot for viewing a painting before trying to bed Severine. I think that whole painting issue will come to light among other loose ends. This is a good topic of discussion. I'd like to see a Quantum shocker without simply passing Quantum off as having its name changed to Spectre.

This is not a loose end. Neither is Kincade. The OP was merely hypothesising.
    I JUST WANT A KINCADE SPIN-OFF MOVIE! LOL
  • RC7RC7
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I JUST WANT A KINCADE SPIN-OFF MOVIE! LOL

Kincade settling in a plush retirement retreat full of ex-cons. Cue shotgun action.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    9915101394_532e8f2b7e_o.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A film with Kincade, two double-barrel shotguns, and a load of fun with a very hard R-rating. Where can I buy my ticket?
  • That'd be totally cool. Sean Connery can be the star too if Finney declines. He retired because the roles he was getting were too dumbed down. It'll be a smart movie too, about aging and action packed.
    Liked Finney as Kincade, but I also believe, he was a one-off-character, a nice addition to SF, but as Bond now threw off all his past with Skyfall Lodge gone for good, I can't see Kincade as some sort of Alfred/Michael Caine. Leave things as they are.

You are 100% right, mate.
    I guess Kincade is the closest we'll ever see to a Bond father figure on screen unless EON include Andrew Bond in a flashback sequence.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I guess Kincade is the closest we'll ever see to a Bond father figure on screen unless EON include Andrew Bond in a flashback sequence.

M used to be a father figure in the 60s. Sort of.