Could Kincade return in Bond 24?

edited May 2014 in SPECTRE Posts: 4,400
Listening to the dvd commenteries it's clear that the producers and Mendes loved working with Finney. So do you think it would be possible that they would write Kincade back into the plot of Bond 24?

While Finney brought a warm and avuncular presence to the latter half of SF, I really can't see how the character could return. The only reason we met him was because Bond took M to Skyfall now that his home has been destroyed there seems to be limited oppurtunity to reintroduce him without standing on SF's toes to much.

But how do we think they could bring back Kincade? Maybe he is living with Bond in London now? Maybe Bond retires at some point in the next film and goes up to live in Scotland with Kincade? Could Finney potentially become the Alfred/Michael Caine character in Mendes's Bond films? It's a nice idea but I can't really see it working in practise, but if Mendes and Logan have a good idea as to how to bring him back I'd be excited to see Finney in a Bond film again.

Personally, I'd like to see Clair Dowar back. She looks like she could be a real thorn in the side of Bond and Mallory moving forward, though having said that it does seem that McCrory's appearance was meant to be a one-off for the enquiry scene.

Comments

I could definately see Dowar coming back,a bit like the role Geoffrey Keen played during the Moore/Dalton eras.

Kincade,definately NOT....he has served his purpose and was a good addition to SF,but that is where he should remain imo.
    Kincade seemingly spent his whole life taking care of Wayne Manor errr I mean Skyfall grounds. So it would look rather forced if he re-appeared. Even though after Skyfall lodge has vaporised, Kincade must be looking for a new job.

I don´t mean to sound cruel, but a funeral scene could easily work.
    I would love to see his return but fear this won't happen. A funeral scene would be quite moving though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A funeral scene in what sense?
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I would love to see his return but fear this won't happen. A funeral scene would be quite moving though.

What would be the point of that? It's not as though he was an established character. He's only in the film for, what, 20 minutes?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I just can't see what else can be done with this character? He was a nice addition to Skyfall, but I think his character best remains in that release...
    I just can't see what else can be done with this character? He was a nice addition to Skyfall, but I think his character best remains in that release...

I really liked him, but his character is a one/off, or at least only efficient as semi-occuring (at best), like May in the novels or Mrs Hudson in Sherlock Holmes.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Albert Finney but Kincade appearing again would be beyond pointless. And it'd make EON look like they're trying to ride the Skyfall wave of popularity.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Albert Finney but Kincade appearing again would be beyond pointless. And it'd make EON look like they're trying to ride the Skyfall wave of popularity.

As one of my Italian friends sometimes said: Paganini doesn't repeat. It would be very redundant to see him for Bond 24.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited May 2014 Posts: 2,667
    Ludovico wrote:
    As one of my Italian friends sometimes said: Paganini doesn't repeat.

Of course he does, otherwise he'd just be Pagani.

Tokoloshe wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

:-))
    Creasy47 wrote:
    A funeral scene in what sense?
    Bond mourning Kincade, baddies invading the funeral. Or Bond happens upon some trace while on the graveyard.
    It's not as though he was an established character.
    If there would have been any plans to do more with Kincade´s character in future films, he would have been introduced differently.
    Although the same could probably be said about Jaws...

Tokoloshe wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Well, not when he is playing violin.
    Loved the character of Kincaide! He was a breath of funny fresh air. But i do not expect to see him in Bond 24.
    No, he is too old.
  • RC7RC7
    Could Finney potentially become the Alfred/Michael Caine character in Mendes's Bond films?

This is the wrong way to sell the idea, but I don't absolutely despise the initial thought. They don't need another character who's front and centre - Alfred is usually a very necessary lynchpin in the narrative - but if Finney was up for it, I'd happily take him in a cameo playing Bond's housekeeper.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    As much as enjoyed Finney in SF, it would be stunt casting to see him again. I'm not opposed to a funeral scene in relation to the character in Bond 24 though. Rather see Felix back.
    RC7 wrote:
    Could Finney potentially become the Alfred/Michael Caine character in Mendes's Bond films?

This is the wrong way to sell the idea, but I don't absolutely despise the initial thought. They don't need another character who's front and centre - Alfred is usually a very necessary lynchpin in the narrative - but if Finney was up for it, I'd happily take him in a cameo playing Bond's housekeeper.

I'd rather see May, but in a semi-regular role only.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Shardlake wrote:
    As much as enjoyed Finney in SF, it would be stunt casting to see him again. I'm not opposed to a funeral scene in relation to the character in Bond 24 though. Rather see Felix back.
    As the next film is set to carry on from Skyfall we could have a PTS which opens with Bond at Ms funeral service and goes on from there.
    Mrcoggins wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:
    As the next film is set to carry on from Skyfall we could have a PTS which opens with Bond at Ms funeral service and goes on from there.

The end of SF seems to suggest that by the time Bond goes to Mallory's office at least a few weeks have passed (possibly a month or two); M's will has been read, a new head of Mi6 has been appointed and a new HQ has been found. I'm glad Mendes avoided doing a funeral scene at the end, it would have been too obvious.

I really like Albert Finney and would love to see him return but the problem is that I can't see how Kincade could return to the story. I think any attempt to re-introduce him would feel too contrived after all Bond was able to avoid him for the best part of 30 years so it would be strange for him to suddenly be such a fixture to his life. The conceit of the Bond character is that he is a loner, unlike Bruce Wayne who has a whole surrogate-family unit around him. Having said that, if a legitimately good idea was on the table to bring Kincade back then I'd fully endorse his return.

Maybe something could happen to Bond which would force him to retire or quit Mi6 and he goes to live in Scotland with Kincade before Mi6 come hunting him down and bring him back into duty? Kincade could then provide some fatherly advice to a morose 007 to return or possibly tell him to avoid his old lifestyle and stay under the radar? But if Bond was to retire from Mi6 I'd doubt he would go to Scotland.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Kincade is the head of Quantum.

Don't give anyone any idea. After the "Mallory is a traitor/really Blofeld" theory I have read here, I expect someone to come up with a ridiculous theory like this. Or believe it if someone brings it up as a joke.
    Ludovico wrote:

Don't give anyone any idea. After the "Mallory is a traitor/really Blofeld" theory I have read here, I expect someone to come up with a ridiculous theory like this. Or believe it if someone brings it up as a joke.
    But the idea just fiendishly grinned at me too. Expecially after
    Bond was able to avoid him for the best part of 30 years
    We don´t know what Kincade was really up to in that period of time. He easily could have assembled an evil organisation. And because Bond ignored him all those years, even though it was Kincade who taught Bond shooting when Bond was a kid, perhaps Kincade has a personal motive to become Bond´s nemesis and henceforth call himself by the name Bl... ok ok I´ll stop right there, sorry, got swept away a bit.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople

That would explain why he sold the guns and hid in the church.

Loved the character, but he did his job in SF.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Haha! Expect this to find its way to some tabloid.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ludovico wrote:

No, Mallory is Voldemort. Get your facts straight, laddie. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Ludovico wrote:

That's Sexy Voldemort to you. =))
    Ludovico wrote:

I know, but we cannot say that name.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,261
    Liked Finney as Kincade, but I also believe, he was a one-off-character, a nice addition to SF, but as Bond now threw off all his past with Skyfall Lodge gone for good, I can't see Kincade as some sort of Alfred/Michael Caine. Leave things as they are.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 1,261
    Kincade as head of Quantum? Hmmmh ... tempting idea ... Okay, somebody shoukd call the doctor, as some people might need a defibulator. ;)) :(|) #-o :-bd :bz :o3
  • I don't know if Kinkade will come back but there may be some loose ends with him, none of which came out of the dialogue in Skyfall.

But one loose end from Skyfall was the guy who got shot for viewing a painting before trying to bed Severine. I think that whole painting issue will come to light among other loose ends. This is a good topic of discussion. I'd like to see a Quantum shocker without simply passing Quantum off as having its name changed to Spectre.