Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2014 Posts: 17,799
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I have detected a mathematical relation for the Craig era:

(Q + MP) x BG = constant

which means that the more Q and/or MP we get, the less we see of Bond Girls (BG). SF restores a few of the original elements but effectively tones down the Bond girl thing. With more of MP promised in Bond 24, I wonder if we're not going to see any Bond girl at all. Unless of course there's a big paradox hidden in that... ;-)

Nice equation there, @DarthDimi. I can see you are a true scientist but perhaps Bond 24 will be an anomaly?
    Unfortunately now that Fienes has been brought in as M, I suspect they'll want to give him plenty of screen time. Expect lots more domestic drama around MI6 and correspondingly less mission and Bond girls.
    There's one thing wrong with this equation: Moneypenny was not revealed as such until the end. Before, she was a Bond girl. And since it is one movie, the sample is very partial. In CR, we also had the most developed Bond girl in a long while.
    Getafix wrote:
    Unfortunately now that Fienes has been brought in as M, I suspect they'll want to give him plenty of screen time. Expect lots more domestic drama around MI6 and correspondingly less mission and Bond girls.

How much time did he have as Voldemort?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I have detected a mathematical relation for the Craig era:

(Q + MP) x BG = constant

which means that the more Q and/or MP we get, the less we see of Bond Girls (BG). SF restores a few of the original elements but effectively tones down the Bond girl thing. With more of MP promised in Bond 24, I wonder if we're not going to see any Bond girl at all. Unless of course there's a big paradox hidden in that... ;-)

Nice equation there, @DarthDimi. I can see you are a true scientist but perhaps Bond 24 will be an anomaly?

Let's hope so, @Dragonpol. ;-)

Here's what I want:
    - Film opens with gun barrel sequence.
    - Bond Theme is used throughout the score.
    - Q and MP get their 'usual' (see old days) few minutes though certainly not more.
    - Bond ends up with a stunningly gorgeous girl whom he first had had to slap on the bottom. Twice. ;-)

I basically want to get back to the 60s. ;-)

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Jessica Chastain isn't a new name but I think she'd be outstanding.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2014 Posts: 432
    I think it's good to have someone that isn't too young. We don't want to get AVTAK vibes again.
    Pajan005 wrote:
    I think it's good to have someone that isn't too young. We don't want to get AVTAK vibes again.

Agreed. I doubt they'll cast a Bond girl beyond 36, but if they could keep them in their thirties for the remainder of the Craig era, that would be good. Then give his successor a few women in their twenties for his first Bond films.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2014 Posts: 4,441
    I like to repeat the name of Connie Nielsen, Danish 48 year old. Now she is seen together with Kevin Costner in 3 days to kill. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001567/

20140221_tgf_movies1.jpg

kevin-costner-connie-nielsen-3-days-kill-570x294.jpg

3-days-to-kill-845788l-imagine.jpg

connie-nielsen-3-days-kill.jpg
    DarthDimi wrote:
    With more of MP promised in Bond 24

Nobody promised more Moneypenny in Bond 24. It's just baseless speculation and a wish by Naomi Harris (and she admitted she knows nothing about Bond 24).

When will people stop turning rumors into facts?
    DarthDimi wrote:
    With more of MP promised in Bond 24

Nobody promised more Moneypenny in Bond 24. It's just baseless speculation and a wish by Naomi Harris (and she admitted she knows nothing about Bond 24).

When will people stop turning rumors into facts?

Exactly. And it's not like she could say: "I can reasonably expect to spend Bond 24 looking pretty and smiling a lot."
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I'm still championing Natalie Dormer and would also like to see Haley Atwell cast too. She's a great actress and she really deserves a break out role, plus I'm biased as we went to school together.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 14,822
    doubleoego wrote:
    I'm still championing Natalie Dormer and would also like to see Haley Atwell cast too. She's a great actress and she really deserves a break out role, plus I'm biased as we went to school together.

I would love to see Natalie Dormer, but she might be too busy with Game of Thrones (although I do not know what will happen of her character in season 4). Interesting fact, I count at least four actors in GofT who played in a Bond movie: Sean Bean, Julian Glover, Tobias Menzies and Diana Rigg.
  • Selma Hayek.

Olga/Camille would be good for a return but it's not just for nostalgic purposes: she was wise beyond her years.

Less age gap also helps DC not come anywhere near Roger Moore's overdone flicks. Starting with FYEO it wasn't necessarily his age but also his Bond ladies who for the most part along with AVTAK just not seem like the right fit.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Anyone seen Annet Mahendru in "The Americans"?

Speaks six languages too (!)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It's a long shot, but...

Jessica Chastain
    Jessica-Chastain-red-dress-Prada-2013-Critics-Choice-Awards-.jpg

Talent and classic Hollywood glamour combined.
  • XXXXXX Banned
    Sienna Guillory.

Julianna Margulies ?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,924
    ^ Oh, yes please. Great actress... and she was very memorable in Scrubs ;)
  • David Moyes
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 5,745
    QBranch wrote:
    ^ Oh, yes please. Great actress... and she was very memorable in Scrubs ;)

And s t u n n i n g.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Julianna Margulies ?

Yeah I could see her playing a role?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Yeah I could see her playing a role?
    Yep, I too, can imagine her role-playing.
    Margulies looks incredibly beautiful. She looks more attractive as she ages but I fear despite EoN having broken away from formula for the last 3 films somewhat, they don't have the courage to cast a woman as a Bond girl who's 40+ no matter how incredibly attractive she may be.
    Kylie Minogue wants to be in a Bond film.

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/144222/Kylie-Minogue-For-Bond-24-

Let's speculate. Do you think she's too old to be a Bond girl? She's about Craig's age. Would she be a good choice for a Bond theme? Would she be a good choice for a Bond film set in Australia, or are there other Aussie talents you'd find more fitting?
    QBranch wrote:

Let's speculate. Do you think she's too old to be a Bond girl? She's about Craig's age. Would she be a good choice for a Bond theme? Would she be a good choice for a Bond film set in Australia, or are there other Aussie talents you'd find more fitting?

As adorable as she is? Kylie is not Bond material for me.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 316
    Though she's kind of young (26) for Craig, I like Dracula's Jessica De Gouw
    JessicaDeGouwHelena2-250h.jpg
    as a Bond girl. I think she would make a great Vesper/Octopussy-type character

Also I like Gabrielle Union, though it's a bit of a stretch as she's more well-known than most. But she, on the other hand, is much closer in age to Craig. gabrielle-union.jpg
    I like Union, I think she's great in the show, being Mary Jane but I'm not convinced the series can write interesting American Bond women. It's hard enough for then to give us an interesting Bond girl as it is but we'll see.

I like the Dracula show and I think de Gouw has a maturity about her that won't draw any attention to her age.

I like the idea of casting Katia Winter, a Swedish actress who plays Katrina Crane in the show, Sleepy Hollow.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RogueAgent wrote:
    QBranch wrote:

As adorable as she is? Kylie is not Bond material for me.

Kylie is welcome any day.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 19,339
    MyAnna Buring......beautiful and intelligent :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReugUjnZu4_DAwCrsqJ3dXjNyZ0xcvHVKasry6pvjDwiAtR3uR

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1B0ks2sNROcHzL7wwi2HQGhb9wpJ59KvS1BoZQ5kmwfwR2_uGmg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6LoCpBAmsaXh1gHb_ZilxvIY2YjovjrxtNYjKv2uDAIGa8DxJ5w

Oh and i talk to her on Twitter,so im not bias at all he he ;)