Rank the Bond games? (Simple list)

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,924
    OddJaws wrote:
    I am after some advice here guys. I am not much of a gamer anymore, 2 little babies put pay to that awhile back! But I still own my PS2 and would love to know which Bond game I should buy now that I get the odd chance to play it again.A lot of respect for Everything or Nothing. Should I go for that? I do have wonderful memories of N64 Goldeneye back in my school days, can I get it for PS2??
    Thanks in advance.
    I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I'll tell you what I think are the good ones for PS2. I have only played the first part of Everything or Nothing, but I hear it's one of the better games. I'm about 3/4 through Nightfire, and it's also very good. I also consider From Russia with Love and Agent Under Fire pretty decent. As far as I know you can only play the original GoldenEye on N64 or PC. I'm not sure if you can mod your PS2 and play it on that. I would probably go for Nightfire or Everything or Nothing.
    QBranch wrote:
    OddJaws wrote:
    I am after some advice here guys. I am not much of a gamer anymore, 2 little babies put pay to that awhile back! But I still own my PS2 and would love to know which Bond game I should buy now that I get the odd chance to play it again.A lot of respect for Everything or Nothing. Should I go for that? I do have wonderful memories of N64 Goldeneye back in my school days, can I get it for PS2??
    Thanks in advance.
    I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I'll tell you what I think are the good ones for PS2. I have only played the first part of Everything or Nothing, but I hear it's one of the better games. I'm about 3/4 through Nightfire, and it's also very good. I also consider From Russia with Love and Agent Under Fire pretty decent. As far as I know you can only play the original GoldenEye on N64 or PC. I'm not sure if you can mod your PS2 and play it on that. I would probably go for Nightfire or Everything or Nothing.

Thanks QBranch.
    I've just been on amazon and both FRWL and EON are so cheap! I'll pick those two up along with that old Die Hard Trilogy PS1 game I've wanted since I originally owned it way back when!!
    OddJaws wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    OddJaws wrote:
    Thanks in advance.

Thanks QBranch.
    I've just been on amazon and both FRWL and EON are so cheap! I'll pick those two up along with that old Die Hard Trilogy PS1 game I've wanted since I originally owned it way back when!!

I've actually got that Die Hard PS1 trilogy game! It's all right, but the controls are really akward and to be honest with you, there's not much to get involved in, and I haven't played it since the day I got it at a used game store, if that tells you anything. I wanted Die Hard Vendetta for the GameCube, but apparently they were out of it, unfortunately.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've got Die Hard Trilogy. Had the chance to get Die Hard Trilogy 2, but passed it up. If you ever see reviews for Die Hard Vendetta, they usually give it a bad rap. It's a decent game, with some fun gameplay and a great Die Hard-like story, so don't worry about those factors. It does get old quick, though, so don't expect more than maybe 2-3 playthroughs before you get bored of it.
    I've got Die Hard Trilogy. Had the chance to get Die Hard Trilogy 2, but passed it up. If you ever see reviews for Die Hard Vendetta, they usually give it a bad rap. It's a decent game, with some fun gameplay and a great Die Hard-like story, so don't worry about those factors. It does get old quick, though, so don't expect more than maybe 2-3 playthroughs before you get bored of it.

I'd enjoy the use of hostage-taking, similiar to GoldenEye Rogue Agent. That part looked really fun, as well as gunning down random civilians just for kicks,and getting away with it, hahaha!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A similar game to buy is for the PC, called Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza, it's an extended version of the first movie. It's not as good as Vendetta, but it's still a good game.

I've actually got that Die Hard PS1 trilogy game![/quote]

Wanna sell it??
    A similar game to buy is for the PC, called Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza, it's an extended version of the first movie. It's not as good as Vendetta, but it's still a good game.

I've seen footage on Youtube of the Nakatomi Plaza game, it looks really awesome, and it's a shame they didn't release it for the other platforms like GC and PS2, it would have sold well and could have been a classic.
  • Never having played anything before the era of the PS2 this is hardly complete, but here goes...

1. Everything Or Nothing
    2. Quantum Of Solace (x360)
    3. From Russia With Love
    4. BloodStone
    5. Goldeneye Reloaded
    6. Agent Under Fire
    7. Nightfire

I have always considered that EoN is the second-best videogame ever made, and would have made probably the second best Brosnan film too.
  • 00Zenon00Zenon Perth, Australia
    1. From Russia With Love (<- god-damn why won't you work on 360!!)
    2. Bloodstone
    3. Agent Under Fire
    4. Nightfire
    5. Goldeneye 64
    6. Tomorrow Never Dies (probs my first Bond game)
    7. Quantum of Solace (which is more CR than Qos...)
    8. Everything or Nothing (my disc just screwed up during...sucks)
    9. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (the Scaramanga Fun House level...is Golden...Gun)
    10. Not a Bond game...but my top favourite game of all time...Star Wars Battelfront II (Ahhhh good times)

Hope Legends is good!!
    :)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,107
    While waiting for 007 Legends and Skyfall, I began to replay all Bond games currently available for me and here's how I rank them. I must note that every Bond game I own, I enjoy. Those that I dislike, I have sold away.

1. Everything or Nothing (Best of the best. Coupled with fun gameplay and all star cast + plot. That basically makes it's Brosnan's 5th Bond, and Die Another Day pt. 2 :p)
    2. Nightfire (Fun play, great gatgets and plot that heavily borrows from Moonraker)
    3. From Russia With Love (It's the swinging sixties baby! Like playing as Sean Connery's Bond in the sixties settings. Great music, a little OTT plot at parts, straying away from the movies plot. But it just feels estetically like an old James Bond movie. Take away few things like. Still fun game to be played. Would have probably benefitted from an original plot. Just taking place in the sixties.)
    4. Blood Stone (Dan's Bond 22½ Resembles Craigs Bond. Reminds me of QoS. Great entertainment, but leaves you without clear ending. Want Blood Stone 2. Can't get Blood Stone 2 :( Cinematic, like it's big bro EoN)
    5. Goldeneye 007 Reloaded (a lot of things done right. Best first person Bond since Eurocom's own Nightfire. Give you that cinematic first person feel, that's the best thing about Call of Duty games. Undercooked characters.)
    6. Agent Under Fire(Fun, but nothing special really.)
  • I love Die Hard vendetta. Really felt like a Die Hard film.
  • 1. Goldeneye (obviously)
    2. Nightfire
    3. The World is not Enough
    4. Agent Under Fire
    5. Everything or Nothing
    6. From Russia with Love

That's about it, ive played almost all of them except for the PS1 Tomorrow Never Dies and the 007 Racing game, but all of the other ones ive played don't even deserve to be on the list. Goldeneye 007 was atrocious, I couldn't even get past the first level, and now I hear that later they killed of
    Valentine
    ridiculous. Activision is butchering the series. They're just trying to make quick cash on the hardcore fans that will eat it up anyways.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    1.Goldeneye N64
    2.Everything or Nothing (PS2 version)
    3.Nightfire
    4.The World is Not Enough (N64 version)
    5.From Russia With Love (PS2 version)
    6.Goldeneye Reloaded (Wii)
    7.Agent Under Fire
    8.Goldeneye Rogue Agent (PS2)
    10.Quantum of Solace
    11.Bloddstone
    12.007 Racing
    13.Tomorrow Never Dies
    14.James Bond 007 (Gameboy version)
  • AliAli
    edited December 2012 Posts: 319
    1. Quantum Of Solace (PS3)
    2. Blood Stone (PS3)
    3. Everything Or Nothing (PS2)
    4. Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    5. Goldeneye: Reloaded (PS3)
    6. The World Is Not Enough (N64)

9871. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (PS2)

I really didn't mind Reloaded as much as some, but Rogue Agent was just bloody awful. I still need to play Nightfire and Agent Under Fire though.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 414
    Out of the games I've played, with the consoles I've played them on.

1. Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    2. From Rusia With Love (Gamecube)
    3. Everything or Nothing (Gamecube)
    4. Nightfire (PC)
    5. James Bond 007 (Gameboy)
    6. GoldenEye (Wii)
    7. Bloodstone (360)
    8. Quantum of Solace (Wii)
    9. Quantum of Solace (PS2)
    10. 007 Legends (360)
    11. Agent Under Fire (Gamecube)
  • Out of the ones I've played.

1. Everything or Nothing (PS2)
    2. From Russia with Love (GC)
    3. Nightfire (PS2)
    4. Agent Under Fire (PS2)
    5. Bloodstone (PS3)

6. Quantum of Solace (PS3)
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 669
    1.Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    2. Nightfire (Ps2)
    3. TWINE (N64)
    4. AUF (PS2)
    5. EON (PS2)
    6.Nightfire (PC) (this would be higher if not for that damn 4 gun limit, i HATE gunlimits with an inferno strength passion)
    7. TWINE (Ps1) (simply because i like FPS more than TPS)
    8. TND (PS1)
    9. FRWL (PS2) (the first "n00bs" bond game, only gets this high due to SC being in it, heck, i actually forgot it at first)
    10, 007 (GB)
    11.Halo: Roque Agent (Xbox1).
    12. Uncharted: Bloodstone (PS3)
    13.. Uncharted: QOS (Ps2)
    14. Call Of Duty: Reloaded (ps3) (this only gets this high up because i fell in love with 'talya, whos sweet persona, immense clumsiness, and inability to even tie (look at her boots in the finale...) seriosly remind me of an old girlfreind i miss terribly!)
    15. Call OF Duty: QOS (Xbox 360)
    16. Call Of Duty: Legends (ps3)(perhaps the first game i have EVER played, and that includes superman 64, that is 100% UNPLAYABLE! it is that bad)
    1. 007 Nightfire- GameCube
    2. 007 Blood Stone- Xbox 360
    3. Quantum of Solace- Xbox 360
    4. Everything or Nothing- Playstation 2
    5. From Russia with Love- GameCube
    6. Agent Under Fire- GameCube
    7. GoldenEye Rogue Agent- Playstation 2
    8. GoldenEye Reloaded and Wii Version*- Xbox 360 and Wii

*The online Wii multiplayer is actually really fun and a favorite of mine for Bond games, and the reason I still play the game, but in terms of single player, the new GoldenEye story is a fail.
  • JamesBond wrote:
    1.Goldeneye 007 (N64)
    2. Nightfire (Ps2)
    3. TWINE (N64)
    4. AUF (PS2)
    5. EON (PS2)
    6.Nightfire (PC) (this would be higher if not for that damn 4 gun limit, i HATE gunlimits with an inferno strength passion)
    7. TWINE (Ps1) (simply because i like FPS more than TPS)
    8. TND (PS1)
    9 007 (GB)
    10.Halo: Roque Agent (Xbox1).
    11. Uncharted: Bloodstone (PS3)
    12. Uncharted: QOS (Ps2)
    13. Call Of Duty: Reloaded (ps3) (this only gets this high up because i fell in love with 'talya, whos sweet persona, immense clumsiness, and inability to even tie (look at her boots in the finale...) seriosly remind me of an old girlfreind i miss terribly!)
    14. Call OF Duty: QOS (Xbox 360)
    15. Call Of Duty: Legends (ps3)(perhaps the first game i have EVER played, and that includes superman 64, that is 100% UNPLAYABLE! it is that bad)

I like your list, but IMHO, TWINE is "GoldenEye Lite" and AUF is "GoldenEye Lite II".
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 669
    Thanks.

true, they were not as good as GE, but, they kept the gameplay that made GE such an awsome game,. i rank them really highly for that, as well, i LOVE "classic" first person shooter gameplay. so to me, cloning Ge64 actually makes AUF and TWINE stronger, not weaker, notice how i ranked the last few as "call of duty" to me, if it plays like CoD, it is COD, and Cods Gameplay makes me want to chew a bulldog! without ketchup!

also, for me, i just Love adamn blackwoods really posh voice in AUF, and the distinquished looking "going grey" bond they modelled,. i think hes perhaps the most authentic Bond in the franchise. the right age (wrong end of 40) and background (upper class) to be a highly experienced 00.

TWINE 64 getting so High? well, i just think it, besides NF, is about the only bond game that comes CLOSE to Ge64. THE best bond game of all time, THE best console FPS of all time, and Fourth in my list (behind Half Life 1, NOLF 1 and Deus Ex1) of my Greatest videogames off all time, on any systems.

EEEK! i forgot FRWL (ps2)!

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    JamesBond wrote:
    also, for me, i just Love adamn blackwoods really posh voice in AUF, and the distinquished looking "going grey" bond they modelled,. i think hes perhaps the most authentic Bond in the franchise. the right age (wrong end of 40) and background (upper class) to be a highly experienced 00.

He's modeled after Andrew Bicknell.

• ah yes, thanks for that Murdock, i couldnt remember the name of the physical model they used for the life of me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    JamesBond wrote:
    ah yes, thanks for that Murdock, i couldnt remember the name of the physical model they used for the life of me.
    No problem. :) I too love AUF, It has one of the best Soundtracks and Driving levels in any Bond game. :D
    JamesBond wrote:
    11.Halo: Roque Agent (Xbox1).

At least somebody besides me noticed the similarities.
    JamesBond wrote:
    12. Uncharted: Bloodstone (PS3)

I never got the Uncharted feel with Blood Stone. I did get a slight Splinter Cell feel, but not enough to mention.
    JamesBond wrote:
    13.. Uncharted: QOS (Ps2)

This reminded me more of Resident Evil 4 than Uncharted. I'm probably alone in that.
    JamesBond wrote:
    14. Call Of Duty: Reloaded (ps3) (this only gets this high up because i fell in love with 'talya, whos sweet persona, immense clumsiness, and inability to even tie (look at her boots in the finale...) seriosly remind me of an old girlfreind i miss terribly!)

Her and Bond (I prefer the Craig Bond to Brosnan) are the only two updates that I actually accept in Call of Duty: GoldenEye. Xenia never made an impression on me at all, Ourumov was too stereotypical, Trevelyan was crap and Zukovsky looked too much Willem Dafoe to me.
    JamesBond wrote:
    15. Call OF Duty: QOS (Xbox 360)

Spot on.
    JamesBond wrote:
    16. Call Of Duty: Legends (ps3)(perhaps the first game i have EVER played, and that includes superman 64, that is 100% UNPLAYABLE! it is that bad)

Really? Worse than Superman 64? I find that hard to believe. Just watching Let's Plays on YouTube tell me that it's several orders of magnitude better than Superman 64.
  • yeah, roque agent is full of them, it only gets that high because it still lets you run and gun and circle straffe as you can "lock" the crosshairs closed.

i quess me geeting more uncharted than Splinter cell with Bloodstone is, well, i pretty much played Bloodstone on a "if it moves, annhilate it" system, and i've not played the recent splinter cells as well, they have rather patronising gameplay elements and i know id get rapidly angry,. last one i played was SC3.

never played resi 4, i just got the uncharted feeling as i found qos ps2 similar, cover to cover, xpand hairs, health regen, etc. gameplay i am not fond of, im still a medkit and circlestraffe guy!

i didnt get on with chaning bond for DC in new GE, as well, i dont like DC. i know that Bruce made him a lot more alpha male in persona than he has been in the films, but, i still couldnt get on with having DC, id rather they did a pseudobond. i only took to new natalya. agreed, ouromov was the total "evil russian" 1980 action movie sterotype (now, i Love 1980s action movies! they are my fave type of movie, but, that "evil russian" sterotype belongs in them, not in c21). and zukovksy was implausible, he was too young to be a bratva big player, most bratva big players are like the original zukovsky, ex KGb and the wrong side of 60. new zukovsky was at best, street muscle. xenia left me cold as well, no one can replace famke in that role in my opinion. and indeed, trevelyan struck me as an egotistical wet blanket, rather than the cold, hard, tough guy of sean beans trevelyan,

i think legends is worse, yes, as superman was always going to be a terrible game from its desing decisions, what makes legends worse is, with a more COMPETANT publisher, it could have been a great game. i just hated it, it constantly patronises the player ("press Square to reload") you take FAR too few hits before you die, theres too many checkpoints (i beleive in "eff up? restart the level then! dont eff up next time!" ala ge64) you cant shoot for tofee unless you are in ADS, wich bores me to tears as you have to stand still and get shot to bits, as i said, im more a circle straffe gamer, the sounds are off, many of the guns sound like air rifles (i should know, i had one as a kid, the m16 sounds just like my old BSA pirate breach loading .21) the graphics are covered in jagged edges, they frequenly stall down to 10 frames per second (and my ps3 was offline so its not lag) heck the guns dont even have cartridge ejection! it was rushed out to capitalise on SF, it felt like it was done in 3 months,. at least SM64 felt like it was done in 4.

ok my list

1. Goldeneye 007/Goldeneye Reloaded this is a tough one reason why it beats out Bloodstone is because Blood stone was WAY to short. Awesome Game just incredibly short
    2. Goldeneye N64.. Fun Game Classic game play need I say more
    3. The World is Not Enough A strong classic game that is underrated
    4. Blood Stone A fun game but way to short which hurts it in my opinion
    5. Night Fire not much to say except this was the last great EA game.
    6. Quantum of Solace again I feel the length of this as well as number 7 is the issue here the graphics are better here hence why I put it higher then the ps2 version
    7. From Russia With love While there are serious problems with the game (grant having a mechanical octopus really) it was nice to play as Connery's bond
    8. Quantum of Solace Ps2 The Haitian level is awesome and a lot of the game is fun but... still to short
    9. Everything or Nothing the length is there but the game feels just..... bad sorry I recently replayed assuming it was my imagination that it was bad but come on laughable dialogue 100 M cut scenes as levels where you don't do anything Bond as a race car driver? I have to assume Fernstien's kid wrote this and not Bruce Fernstien
    10. Agent Under fire fun game but its story is a little silly I plan on replaying it soon enough to see if the game moves up a few notches
    11. Goldeneye Rogue Agent replay able sure but you aren't playing as 007
    12. 007 legends I don't mind a bond game being revamped in Daniel Craig's style with Craig. I don't mind a new twist on a classic film being remade for Craig. I do mind no story random events happening and Craig doesn't even provide the voice are you freaking kidding me activision!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping Ubisoft grabs the 007 license fore a few good new Craig as bond video games.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    1. GoldenEye 64
    2. Blood Stone
    3. Quantum of Solace
    4. 007 Legends
    5. GoldenEye Reloaded
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    1. Everything or Nothing
    2. Blood Stone
    3. GoldenEye 64 ('97)
    4. From Russia With Love
    5. Agent Under Fire
    6. NightFire
    7. GoldenEye 007 ('10)
    8. Quantum of Solace
    9. The World Is Not Enough
    10. 007 Racing
    11. Tomorrow Never Dies

I don't know what I was thinking when I made this list three years ago. I'm going to change it up a bit.

1) Everything or Nothing
    2) Blood Stone
    3) GoldenEye 007: Reloaded (PS3/XBOX 360)
    4) Agent Under Fire
    5) From Russia With Love
    6) NightFire
    7) Quantum of Solace
    8) The World Is Not Enough
    9) GoldenEye 64 (Nintendo 64)
    10) GoldenEye 007 (Wii)
    11) 007 Racing
    12) Tomorrow Never Dies
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited April 2014 Posts: 3,157
    9) GoldenEye 64 (Nintendo 64)

That's shocking - but I do respect your opinion, of course, I'm not criticizing, just saying I find it uncommon.