Rank the Bond games? (Simple list)

Comments

• I've been looking for GoldenEye for just over a year now, seen it once, but had no box, and since i'm a collector i want the boxed item, but i soo want to play it :')
    The Ones i've played

1.= EON
    = Blood stone
    3. FRWL
    4. Agent Under Fire
    5. Night Fire
    6. QoS
  • 1.Nightfire (Xbox/Gamecube/GB Advance)
    2.Bloodstone (360/DS)
    3.James Bond 007 (Gameboy)
    4.GE64 (N64)
    5.EON (Xbox/Gamecube)
    6.Goldeneye2010 (Wii/DS)
    7.QoS (360)
    8.AUF (Xbox/Gamecube)
    9.FRWL (Xbox)
    10.James Bond: The Stealth Affair (Amiga)
    11.James Bond: The Duel (Sega Genesis)
    12.TWINE (N64/PSX)
    13.007 Racing (PSX)
    14.LTK (Amiga)
    15.Goldeneye:Rogue Agent (Xbox)
    16.James Bond Jr (SNES)
    17. Goldfinger (DOS/Apple II)
    18.AVTAK (C64)
    19.LD, LALD (C64) and James Bond (Atari VCS)

Unofficial stuff like the Bond mod for GTA4, or the Goldeneye: Source for Halflife 2 are worth a look....
    For any commuters (like me) who want to play classic Bond games on the journey to work, get yourself a GP2X Wiz handheld console and play anything made from the Atari VCS up to the PSX.

• 1. Goldeneye (1997)
    2. 007 Everything or Nothing (2004)
    3. Nightfire (2002)
    4. Goldeneye (2010)
    5. Agent Under Fire (2001)
    6. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (2004)
    7. From Russia With Love (2005)
    8. James Bond The Duel (1993)
    9. Quantum of Solace PC (2008)

I have never got a chance to play the rest of the games, so I don't know where they would be placed on the list. The original Goldeneye has left a lasting impression upon me, still standing as one of my favourite video games. I guess most of you guys will disagree with Rogue Agent beeing so high on the list. I must admit, that the Bond element was diminishing with every level, but felt, that multiplayer component made up for it a little. James Bond the Duel has a strong guilty pleasure touch to it, but still miles better, than Activision' first 007 title, which offered repetitive, short gameplay.
  • From what I've played, in terms of story and gameplay:
    1. GoldenEye 007 (1997)
    2. Everything or Nothing (2004)
    3. NightFire (2002)
    4. From Russia with Love (2005)
    5. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (2004)
    6. Agent Under Fire (2001)

From what I've played, in terms of multiplayer:
    1. GoldenEye 007 (1997)
    2. NightFire (2002)
    3. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (2004)
    4. Everything or Nothing (2004)
    5. Agent Under Fire (2001)
    6. From Russia with Love (2005)
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 267
    Overall:
    1. GoldenEye 007 (1997)
    3. NightFire (2002)
    4. Blood Stone (2010)
    5. The World Is Not Enough (2000) (N64)
    6. Tomorrow Never Dies (1999)
    7. Agent Under Fire (2001)
    8. Quantum of Solace (2008)
    9. From Russia with Love (2005)
    10. GoldenEye 007 (2010)
    11. GE: RA (2004)
    12. 007 Racing (2000)

Multiplayer:
    1. Goldeneye 007 (1997)
    2. Nightfire (2002)
    3. TWINE (2000) (N64)
    4. EoN (2004) (actual multiplayer sucked, but I enjoyed the co-op)
    5. AUF (2001)
    6. QoS (2008)
    7. FRWL (2005) (enjoyed the 3rd person deathmatch, but it could've been a lot better)
    8. GE 007 (2010)
    9. GE: RA (2004)
    10. 007 Racing (2000)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    1. Everything or Nothing
    2. Blood Stone
    3. GoldenEye 64 ('97)
    4. From Russia With Love
    5. Agent Under Fire
    6. NightFire
    7. GoldenEye 007 ('10)
    8. Quantum of Solace
    9. The World Is Not Enough
    10. 007 Racing
    11. Tomorrow Never Dies
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited April 2011 Posts: 6,786
    Why does everybody seem to dislike 007 Racing?

Ok, it's not brilliant, but it has all the classic cars, some exciting missions, good graphics and fantastic cutscenes.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I put 007 Racing in 10th place, out of 17. I thought it was quite quite for a vehicular Bond game. I think we're long overdue for another one.
    007 Racing was the type of game that I thought was a great idea, but just wasn't a good game. I hated the way the cars controlled.
    Everything or Nothing
    NightFire - console
    Quantum of Solace - ps2
    NightFire - pc
    Agent Under Fire
    The World Is Not Enough - ps1
    From Russia With Love
    Blood Stone - DS
    Tomorrow Never Dies - ps1
    The World is Not Enough - N64
    GoldenEye 007 - N64
    007 Racing - PS1
    Blood Stone - console + pc
    GoldenEye 007 - DS
    Quantum of Solace - console + pc
    GoldenEye 007 - Wii
    GoldenEye 007- DS
    1. 007 Nightfire- GameCube
    2. GoldenEye 007- Wii
    3. Quantum of Solace- XBox 360
    4.GoldenEye Rogue Agent- Playstation 2
    5.Bloodstone 007- XBox 360
    6.Everything or Nothing- Playstation 2
    7.From Russia with Love- GameCube
    8.Agent Under Fire- GameCube
    My ranking of the Bond games I've played:

1. GoldenEye (1997)
    2. Everything or Nothing
    3. Nightfire
    4. GoldenEye (2010)
    5. From Russia With Love
    6. Agent Under Fire
    7. The World Is Not Enough
    8. 007 Racing
    I wish I could play those older Bond games such as GoldenEye 1997, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is not Enough, and 007 Racing. The trouble is, I can never find them, and I don't have have a Nintendo 64, which eliminates a few of those choices. I played GE and TWINE at a friend's house one time, and I really liked them, despite having to use those bothersome N64 controllers.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Goldeneye 007

Everything or Nothing

Agent Under Fire

The rest

Goldeneye Wii
    Hahaha! Where's 007 Nightfire in that list? I'm just joking. That's your opinoin. I personally find Nightfire the best Bond video game due to its "never-gets-old" single player and its amazing multiplayer. Plus, it's what got me to become a Bond fan!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Well 00Beast I got Nightfire and Agent Under Fire at the same time... vastly prefered the latter... didn't like Nightfire.
    I could see where Agent Under Fire would be more preferred. Nightfire was more of a Moonraker re-make, while Agent Under Fire had an original storyline. The graphics were pretty much the same on both, so I guess it really did come down to the story and gameplay.
    Hahaha! Where's 007 Nightfire in that list? I'm just joking. That's your opinoin. I personally find Nightfire the best Bond video game due to its "never-gets-old" single player and its amazing multiplayer. Plus, it's what got me to become a Bond fan!
    I agree with you, 00Beast. NightFire is the best James Bond game ever!!!
    @JamesBond: It certainly is! Who could possibly disagree? :-D
    @JamesBond: It certainly is! Who could possibly disagree? :-D
    Anyone who has played GoldenEye on Nintendo 64.
    ;-)
    Time to jog your memory...

I remember back when Nightfire was first announced, BUT all the publicity shots showed the same 'generic Bond' that was used in Agent Under Fire. Anyone remember seeing that in EGM magazines and the like?

I distinctly remember seeing those magazines as a teenager and thinking 'Meh.... Agent Under Fire 2. Nothing more...Maybe I'll rent it.'
    It wasn't until the game was well into production that they got Brosnan's likeness rights and changed the game accordingly. Then of course I saw Pierce Brosnan in the final game and bought it on the first day of release!
  • 1. Everything or Nothing - Just like being in a Bond movie with a great cast.
    2. GoldenEye - A classic, hours and hours of my youth were spent with this game.
    3. Nightfire - Very Bondian, made you feel like Bond with the gadgets and the obligatory party scene.
    4. The World Is Not Enough - A fun game, making good use of the film as reference.
    5. GoldenEye Wii - An odd concept at first with Daniel Craig in it, but an enjoyable game, shame about the supporting characters, they all were a bit generic.
    6. From Russia With Love - My favourite movie! Looks good, sounds good... but not a movie made for the video game world, Maria Menounos?! Need I say more.
    7. Agent Under Fire - A fun game let down by the over the top plot and generic Bond.
    8. Quantum of Solace - A sloppy, patched together game, would have been better if they had just done CR.
    9. Tomorrow Never Dies - A weird game that I never fully got into.
    10. 007 Racing - Poor controls and just plain ugly.
    11. GoldenEye: Rogue Agent - A cheap ploy to use the "GoldenEye name, Good to see some classic villains, just a shame it was in this game.

(Yet to play Blood Stone)
  • 1.From Russia With Love PS2
    2.Everything or Nothing PS2
    3.Night Fire PC
    4.Quantum Of Solace PS2
    5.Goldeneye Rouge Agent PS2
    1. GoldenEye 007 (1997)
    3. The rest
    second that

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think my favorite would have to be TWINE on the N64. I haven't played GE in forever, so I don't recall how much fun it was. I could play TWINE for hours and hours and not grow tired of it.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 2,107
    EON/FRWL/BS
    QoS (even as a missed opportunity the game was fun)
    NF
    AUF

Years ago I played AVTAK and LALD don't remember much about them Can't judge. The first had you running in caves with Duran Duran's theme playing in the background and the other one had you driving a speedboat, trying to dodge oil drums. Never was a Nintendo boy. Never owned Goldeneye64. Only watched and occationally tried at friend's. Tried it again and finished on emulator a couple of years ago. Didn't see what was so great about it. Nightfire was better.
  • Out of those I've played (though some of them carry a certain weight due to the nostalgia factor, but I typically find those better anyway):

1. Everything or Nothing - Great, long, fun game with a proper amount of production value (the extensive, detailed environments, I find, making it all the more enjoyable). I never quite got the Gallery level or the Platinum Gun, but hey...

2. NightFire - Obviously, not as long or extensive as EON, but definitely a blast, with that "Bond movie" feel. Definite nostalgia points for playing on multiplayer some years ago with friends and my brother; that, and for having been one of the things that got me (further) into Bond in the first place.

3./4. Agent Under Fire/From Russia with Love - It's not that one is on par with the other, but rather I couldn't decide which was more/less enjoyable. Plot-. presentation-, and gameplay-wise, I just don't find them THAT great (although the driving levels are mostly always fun). Still, AUF holds a slight advantage over FRWL for a greater "Bond" feel (that didn't involve combining the best of the '60s Bond with the worst of the "modern" Bond).

5. GoldenEye: Rogue Agent - Not that it was much better than what's next on my list, but it WAS less repetitive-feeling (in spite of being, in all actuality, probably more repetitive). What killed this game for me was the bad-guy-after-bad-guy, etc. level design that was just a headache. I actually stayed between the third and fourth levels for (I think) some years before finally deciding not to give up and to finish the game (partly because of my slight OCD, honestly, because it wasn't mostly that enjoyable). I remember spending multiple hours on single levels, wondering when they would end. I just did not like it too much.

6. Quantum of Solace - A rushed, very lacking movie tie-in of a Bond game. Too repetitious, too linear, too short, and without proper plot explanation or driving levels. The boring computer screens didn't help, either, and graphical presentation certainly wasn't helped by the fact that I played it on the Wii. Quite poor, and not very enjoyable for me.

The rest I haven't played.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ahh, totally forgot about QoS. QoS online was extremely fun and addictive, albeit a CoD clone. It was still cool how you could spice up perks, and game modes like Bond Evasion were good fun.
    Of the games I've played....

1) GoldenEye 007 (N64)
    2) 007 Nightfire (PS2, XB, GC)
    3) Everything or Nothing (PS2, XB, GC)
    4) The World Is Not Enough (N64....not the PS1 version)
    5) Quantum of Solace (XB360)
    6) Quantum of Solace (PS2 Version)
    7) From Russia With Love (PS2, XB, GC)
    8) Agent Under Fire (PS2, XB, GC)
    9) GoldenEye Rogue Agent (PS2, XB, GC)
    10) Tomorrow Never Dies (PS1)
    11) 007 Racing (PS1)

Have not played Wii GoldenEye or Bloodstone...