So you want to start a new Elimination game?

Comments

• MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Car Chases
    Decades would be a nice, quicker one.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited September 2015 Posts: 9,020
    although decades would be kinda boring as the 60's would undoubtably win and the 90's would go first with all the love Brosnan gets around here
  • I suppose I'll go with decades.
  • directors
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Decades. Interested to see where everyone ranks the 70s. That is, providing you remember the 70s.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Just an observation. Since we started these Elimination games and, particularly in these past few months (for obvious reasons), we have accumulated many new active members. By the time this next game (the one that we are voting on now) is completed, we will have a new Bond film and many new perspectives. I propose that at that point we go back and redo all of the fundamental games, starting with Bond Films.

Agreed. I see how to vote now though.

I vote directors.

By the way, how long could a decades elimination game last?
    Let's see it. :))
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Just an observation. Since we started these Elimination games and, particularly in these past few months (for obvious reasons), we have accumulated many new active members. By the time this next game (the one that we are voting on now) is completed, we will have a new Bond film and many new perspectives. I propose that at that point we go back and redo all of the fundamental games, starting with Bond Films.

Hmm.. I think we might need more time to let SP sink in before we can properly include it in an elimination game. Just my two cents.

Also, I'll vote for Decades as well. I think it's a good idea to interject a short game into the mix every now and then.
  • Vote tally:

Decades: IIIII II
    Car chases:II
    Directors: III

It looks like Bond Decades is the winner from this round of voting. @Birdleson, do you want to make the thread so we can see how the race for second turns out?
    pachazo wrote: »

Hmm.. I think we might need more time to let SP sink in before we can properly include it in an elimination game. Just my two cents.

Also, I'll vote for Decades as well. I think it's a good idea to interject a short game into the mix every now and then.

SP will ultimately sink or rise to where it belongs, but you only get one shot to capture the first impression. I think we should go for it immediately (about a month after the release).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    pachazo wrote: »

SP will ultimately sink or rise to where it belongs, but you only get one shot to capture the first impression. I think we should go for it immediately (about a month after the release).
    The first impression is just a knee-jerk reaction- we'll all be too hyped up and need plenty of time to reflect on the film to give a more balanced opinion. Not only that, but the viewer may miss certain things that they'll pick up come blu ray time. I think we should leave any SP involvement in these games for at least half a year.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I say by new year.
    How about directors next?
    Directors please :D
    Directors
    (Joining the bandwagon)

Directors
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 12,277
    Personally I'd rather do car chases now, and save directors for post-Spectre.
    Villians weapons sounds good. I agree with @FoxRox…save directors for next year.
    FoxRox wrote: »

What about the Spectre car chase then?

I thought about that. Between the two I'd rather do the car chase first. Having two films under his belt would give us a better judgment of Sam Mendes.

I thought about that. Between the two I'd rather do the car chase first. Having two films under his belt would give us a better judgment of Sam Mendes.

so some already desperately want Mendes to win the director's elimination game??

But go ahead with car chases, that will be a great game as well.

so some already desperately want Mendes to win the director's elimination game??

You're kidding right? I never said or even implied I desperately wanted Mendes to win - I just think it's a better evaluation with both of his films instead of just Skyfall. He's not even my #1 Bond director currently for the record.
    I sure hope the SPECTRE car chase delivers,and I think it will. There are some good ones from earlier-GF,OHMSS, LALD, TMWTGG, TSWLM, FYEO, AVTAK, CR, QOS.

You're kidding right? I never said or even implied I desperately wanted Mendes to win - I just think it's a better evaluation with both of his films instead of just Skyfall. He's not even my #1 Bond director currently for the record.

I was the usual sarcastic bitch, didn't mean you personally.

Mendes is an accomplished director but I don't like his work in SF much.
    I sure hope the SPECTRE car chase delivers,and I think it will. There are some good ones from earlier-GF,OHMSS, LALD, TMWTGG, TSWLM, FYEO, AVTAK, CR, QOS.

Wow, just read my own post. Roger Moore is the King of car chases. Throw in Cannonball Run, and you are safe, Sir Rog.
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    Car chases is my vote for next once Decades is over.
  • Car chases
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    The Great Camp Waiters Elimination game gets my vote.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Can't find just asking but has the best delivery of the bjb line ever been a game? I don't mean necessarily the first time an actor delivered ..saw that thread but I mean the best delivery if the line .