Sir Henrys passing

12346»

Comments

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    As do I .
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    A year. It seems like yesterday...
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Already a year, he will always be missed by everyone who had the privilege of knowing him. RIP Sir Henry
  • How time flies, even if it doesn't particularly matter where SirHenry is now. Still, our lovely little community isn't the same without him.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, it was January last year. And I still think of him very often, almost daily. A dear friend, and totally irreplaceable on this forum. No finer Bond fan, a great dad, and simply an all around good, generous, exuberant, and inspiring person: Greg Ferrell, our SirHenry.

In our hearts and minds, he will stay forever the same.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    And so it goes, a year passes by. At least his thread is still going strong (applauds @4Ever). RIP Sir Henry, with the news on SPECTRE your thoughts are sorely missed.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,497
    I was away from this site for two years and thus only learned of his passing today. RIP!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    It's been over six years now... I must say, I still haven't fully come to terms with it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    He gave me a very warm welcome when I joined up first. It's one of those things that you'll always remember, now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    It's been over six years now... I must say, I still haven't fully come to terms with it.

I genuinely can't believe it's been that long. I miss him.
    He was the best...
  • Sir Henry was a shining light on this forum, without him the rest of us just have to shine more brightly than ever before.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I wanted to bump this thread as it's now been ten years since the death of @SirHenryLeeChaChing (Greg) back in January 2014. He is still sadly missed as a friend and contributor on MI6 Community. He was definitely one of what I would call the "big beasts" of the forum and an irreplaceable loss when he passed on. Long may we remember his contributions, spirit and ethos.
    Wow, can't believe it's been that long already. Where does the time go? His presence is always deeply missed here.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Hope you’re resting in peace Greg @SirHenryLeeChaChing
    Sadly missed by all who contributed with him. The forum lost a good friend 10 years ago.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wow, can't believe it's been that long already. Where does the time go? His presence is always deeply missed here.

Yes, it's hard to believe it's been a decade already. It seems to me that our whole lives just fritter away so it's best we use the time we do have as best as we possibly can.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    To Greg, such has your contribution been to this site, that it beggars belief that it's been a decade since you passed. Here's to you.
    He was my friend, my brother from another mother. I miss him very much.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice to memorialise his profile on here. I was only here a few years when Henry passed but he left quite a mark on me. It would be nice for his profile to have some sort of digital headstone on it.
    That's a great idea, @CraigMooreOHMSS.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That's a great idea, @CraigMooreOHMSS.

Seconded. A permanent memorial on his profile would be a nice tribute to Sir Henry.
    Speaking of such topics, I really need to save over the DMs he and I shared together. I return to them every so often to reflect and get a solid reminder of how hilarious he was, and I worry one day they'll disappear or magically get deleted and I won't be able to appreciate them any longer.
    One of his last emails to me included pictures of Greg and his wife-to-be Jen. He was so looking forward to starting a new life.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    He died within weeks of me joining. I never got to know him, but I have been told much.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited January 24 Posts: 2,161
    Maybe it's time for us "Original" Bond fans to revive this thread, though there are only a few of us left. https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/3341/sirhenryleechachings-for-original-fans-favorite-moments-in-nttd-spoilers/p225
    edited January 25 Posts: 17,787
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Maybe it's time for us "Original" Bond fans to revive this thread, though there are only a few of us left. https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/3341/sirhenryleechachings-for-original-fans-favorite-moments-in-nttd-spoilers/p225

Yes, that would be nice. It was good that the thread was renamed in his honour.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    One of the most intelligent members we've ever had here. Still missing you Greg.
    One of the most intelligent members we've ever had here. Still missing you Greg.

I concur.
    I did not know him, but it is clear this person means so much to this community. I'm so sorry to everyone who lost him and still has to suffer the pain, which never goes away when you lose someone you care about. The power of love, kindness, and fellowship that I see in this thread and in this community at large is truly special. I'm very happy that no matter how many years pass, a beloved person's memory is kept alive here. My condolences and respect to everyone here who knew this person and keeps them in their hearts forever.