007 references in popular culture

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So is the other one.
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    Dont flame me for this, I never seen an episode but I saw the list of episode titles.

Special Agent OSO.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I've just finished watching A Very Secret Service/Au Service de la France (which I loved to bits, BTW) on Netflix. What else does a keen secret agent in 1960 read but:

DbuAwBpXkAI4Kku.jpg
    In West Side Voodoo, a domestic humourous crime book I recently read, a living room in a posh villa was constantly referred to as "the Bond villain room".
    Did it have an awesome '60s egg chair? I really want one of those.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Did it have an awesome '60s egg chair? I really want one of those.

Didn t say, but those look comfy.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The latest Geico (insurance) TV spot, here in the U.S.:

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Pink Panther isn't quite channeling 007 in this adventure, rather more of an investigative spy (trenchcoat & hat) but there is the interlude on the Orient Express and the crocodile pit.
    Game Night, starring Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams, is full of Bond tropes and (perhaps) unintended allusions. And it features Jeffrey Wright as an FBI agent.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    NL-DonaldDuck-2008-46.jpg
    A Bont weak magazine: Confidential - Ducktown's Secret Service
    Released in 2008.

Examples from the magazine:

3031312467_117f80b217.jpg
    Blond James Blond...

3032152772_218cacf255.jpg

ZriKYpybaVlHP4dmPwyK
    2016 Spy Special.
    timmer wrote: »

Pink Panther isn't quite channeling 007 in this adventure, rather more of an investigative spy (trenchcoat & hat) but there is the interlude on the Orient Express and the crocodile pit.

And the title.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    M_Balje wrote: »
    NL-DonaldDuck-2008-46.jpg
    A Bont weak magazine: Confidential - Ducktown's Secret Service
    Released in 2008.

Examples from the magazine:

3031312467_117f80b217.jpg
    Blond James Blond...

3032152772_218cacf255.jpg

ZriKYpybaVlHP4dmPwyK
    2016 Spy Special.

In Italy several Bond parodies were written, such as Moldfinger or The Spy Who Ducked-Out On Me, as well as the DoubleDuck series. DoubleDuck: Codice Olimpo (which was never translated into English) was set in London and had Bond and Moneypenny-like characters (the latter even serving a "stirred not sweetened" coffe to the former).

https://inducks.org/hr.php?image=https://outducks.org/webusers/webusers/2011/07/us_ddc_001h_001.jpg&normalsize=1

https://inducks.org/hr.php?image=https://outducks.org/webusers/webusers/2009/11/us_dd_0347ab_001.jpg&normalsize=1
    I saw two inadvertent and pretty obscure Bond references in movies on consecutive nights over the weekend.

The first was from the 1999 thriller movie Double Jeopardy with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones. Jones is sitting in a bar with a bank of televisions behind him and on one of the screens is the TSWLM ski chase. You could tell by that yellow ski suit.

The other was the 2017 comedy Father Figures. There's a scene on a Florida beach and Ving Rhames is drinking a Heineken beer and I recognized the bottle as one with the Bond logo tying into the Spectre promotion. I still have some of those in my fridge.
  • Two Marvel films—Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-man: Homecoming—have “____ will return” in their end credits.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,622
    Two Marvel films—Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-man: Homecoming—have “____ will return” in their end credits.

I noticed that too in recent Marvel films. Is it in just these two films or also in more recent films such as Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther and Infinity Wars?
  • timmer wrote: »
    Two Marvel films—Guardians of the Galaxy and Spider-man: Homecoming—have “____ will return” in their end credits.

I noticed that too in recent Marvel films. Is it in just these two films or also in more recent films such as Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther and Infinity Wars?

Could certainly be more! Those are just two I know off the top of my head. I’m sure Guardians Vol. 2 ends that way as well.

IW states THANOS WILL RETURN.

Ah yes, I remember that now. Chilling cliffhanger.
    In episode 4 of the new HBO series Succession, Matthew McFadyen walks up behind Nicholas Braun (who is stealing the series, so far) and calls him "Mr. Bond." Both men are dressed in tuxedos for a charity event.

I just re-watched Captain America: Winter Soldier blu-ray (2014). Love the Captain!
    The movie closes with, Captain America will return in Avengers Age of Ultron.
    So Marvel has been working this Bond technique for a while.

I just re-watched Captain America: Winter Soldier blu-ray (2014). Love the Captain!

The difference being that they're actually able to reveal the titles of their next films in the end credits of their current ones! If only Bond could return to this!

The difference being that they're actually able to reveal the titles of their next films in the end credits of their current ones! If only Bond could return to this!

Yes those were the days!
    I'm terribly embarrassed to say I can't remember what was the last Bond film to actually tee-up the name.of the next one
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I believe Octopussy was the last Bond film to do that.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    I believe Octopussy was the last Bond film to do that.

Yes, maybe the “From a View to a Kill” gaff led them to reconsider?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited July 2018 Posts: 3,157
    Not to mention back then they already had Fleming books' titles, now they ran out of them.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    I doubt that's it. I think they didn't know what direction they were going to go in with Roger leaving, and they didn't want to commit.

That is indeed more probable.
    Its interesting that they could get View To A Kill figured out in advance but not TLD.
    Not exactly a pop culture reference but I wanted to report that I've just spotted a 007-edition 2CV in the Tour de France coverage.