Favourite TV Intros

edited August 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 6,396
Whilst reading about the upcoming film version of The Equalizer, one of my favourite 80's TV shows, I miss the really slick and iconic title sequences and catchy theme tunes:

What's you favourites?

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    So many... Hawaii 50, Man From Uncle, UFO, I could list fifty here easily.
    Just for you @chrisisall ;-)

• edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396

Oh yes @0013, you get a ^:)^ for that

• And only a one off (the normal theme is nothing special imo) but this really made me laugh the first time I saw that episode.

• edited August 2013 Posts: 1,068
    How long have you got?

And the Brits:

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,936
    Miami Vice Season 1 intro.

Game of Thrones. The locations seen in the intro change, depending on the episode.

True Blood. I'm pretty sure those lips at the end are Jessica's. :x
    Easily missed at the time - the superb Edge of Darkness, track played by Eric Clapton

And how about the just as memorable ads from Guinness with Rutger Hauer, the epic Carling Black Label series, the Hoffmeiseter Bear and Castella / Hamlet cigar ads!

Great memories :-)

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited August 2013 Posts: 2,044
    How has nobody mentioned The Wire, with the use of Tom Waits' "Way Down in the Hole", or rather, a different version of the song for each season?
    This must be one of the weirdest show ever existed. I don't know why but I found it funny when I was a kid... even if I didn't understand it.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'American Horror Story' has an incredibly eerie intro, but I think out of the shows I really stuck with and watched, my favorite would have to be 'Nip/Tuck.'
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Friends!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    3 other great openings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNl9M5TxGC8
    Macgyver

Batman Animated. Warner stil not release volume 3 and Volume 4 in The Netherlands with Dutch subtitels. Shame you!.

James Bond Jr.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

• edited August 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Some absolute gems here:

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited August 2013 Posts: 4,012
    'm going to show 80's comedy a little love:

'Allo 'Allo opening sequences were always fantastic. This remains, until today, one of my favourite series ever.

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, the two first ones:
    ht

EDIT: this comment was cut for some reason. I will post the rest when I can.
    For me 'Allo 'Allo has got to be the best British comedy series ever - I can happily watch the same episodes over and over. It's uncanny you mention it as I was just watching an episode earlier today! Superb.

This could be explored on the US versus UK humor (or is that 'humour') thread!?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @andmcit 'Allo 'Allo is probably my all time favourite TV series. It's simply brilliant and it doesn't matter how many times I watch it, I always get a good laugh out of it. I grew up watching it, now I think it might not have been the best educational choice for a young child but nobody can say my parents didn't have a good taste ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2013 Posts: 17,809
    Well as a massive Roald Dahl (his adult short stories) and Tales of the Unexpected fan, I'd have to plumb for this eerie piece of fairground-style music from the notorious early episode 'The Landlady':