Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Han Solo is the coolest guy in the Galaxy X(
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The cantina scene with Greedo and Hayden Christiansen as Anakin's Force Ghost are about the only two problems I have with the Special Editions. I chuckle at the sight gags during the drive into Mos Eisley (some of them are kind of funny), I like the Jabba scene because I just like seeing Jabba outside of Return of the Jedi, I like the celebrations at the end of Jedi where each world is happy that Palpatine is gone.

To be honest, Greedo Shot First is only a minor problem. It really doesn't matter, in the end, which one shot first, but it's just cooler that Han shoots first. Hayden Christiansen is a big problem because of his creepy f*cking smile (he looks like a pedophile as a Force Ghost) and the fact that he just looks out of place standing next to Old Obi-Wan and Puppet Yoda.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Hayden Christiansen is a big problem because of his creepy f*cking smile (he looks like a pedophile as a Force Ghost) and the fact that he just looks out of place standing next to Old Obi-Wan and Puppet Yoda.

i am mildly okay with it - just for the sake of continuity with the prequels.... but my god, they could've at least attempted to age Hayden a little bit... i mean, it wouldn't have been that hard.. (maybe if we complain enough, on the big 9 film collection set that will no doubt be coming, they'll correct it lol).
  • SaintMark wrote: »
    This is too funny:
    Someone made a 'George Lucas Special Edition' for the new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v93Jh6JNBng
    That pretty much sums up what's wrong with Lucas's tinkering.

:))

Actually I do actually enjoy the special editions as the original movie special effects were in its first trilogy miles apart when it comes to the level of quality. The improvements never did change the story it added visually to it, which I liked. (the same applies to the ST original series where they updated the effects and the result was brilliant) My only beef is that they took away the teddybears ending in "Return" and they added in the young Annakin instead of leaving the old chap which was perhaps how Annikan looked after all those years.
    Falcon departing Mos eisly in the Special editions looked amazing, though just felt Lucas did tinker too far. Made sense to have McDiarmid in Empire for continiuty sake, the scene I totally accept now. There was totally no need to change the musical number in Jabas palace in Jedi.
    Think I have watched the trailer twenty times, come to conclusion that if a could only watch one film next year. Right now it would be Star Wars, maybe down to watching the originals as a kid.

007 Fan Status: Revoked.

Haha my expectations for Skyfall 2 is pretty low, though that's not a bad thing. Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Hayden Christiansen is a big problem because of his creepy f*cking smile (he looks like a pedophile as a Force Ghost) and the fact that he just looks out of place standing next to Old Obi-Wan and Puppet Yoda.

i am mildly okay with it - just for the sake of continuity with the prequels.... but my god, they could've at least attempted to age Hayden a little bit... i mean, it wouldn't have been that hard.. (maybe if we complain enough, on the big 9 film collection set that will no doubt be coming, they'll correct it lol).

Nine film collection, hell, if we complain enough, maybe we can get them to age him up for the 3D Blu-Ray set that will obviously come out one week prior to Episode VII (which will both work to replace the 3D re-releases we never saw and as a way for new fans to catch up on the saga).
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    i am awaiting the day that Disney release the original unalterted trilogy.... just give it a good Blu-ray cleaning like Universal did with JAWS, and thats all i would want..... but, will probably never happen...

and i'm not a person that is original trilogy or nothing - one of those elitest type people.. i dont mind a lot of the special edition / blu-ray enhancements or changes.. most of them are just cosmetic and don't really add or take away from anything.... the only one addition i hate, is Vader's "No.......... NOOOOOOO!" at the end of Jedi - that scene was powerful as is.. adding the infamous "No!" in there cheeses it up a bit..
    I don't mind the first "No!", but then the extended "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" is a problem.
    @agent007391... but i'm with you as well about the ending celebration... i kind of prefer the newer (special edition) ones than the original.. i kind of liked going back and seeing the other planets celebrate the demise of The Emperor - i also liked the music as well - it has a more 'epic' quality to it than the original Ewok celebration song.
    I'm hoping to see some post-Empire Coruscant in the Sequel Trilogy. Maybe we'll be lucky.
  • The oven mitt made me laugh

10358709_10152958278976840_6571049112245939455_n.jpg?oh=a59f597080e9fa65d95f920f391f7baf&oe=54D36A4E
    /\ Brilliant! :))
    =))
    Nice interview :)
    Oscar Isaac Talks More About STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS Role
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=111986
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Next year will be the 5th year in cinema history with both a Bond and a Star Wars movie being released.

1977: SW IV vs TSWLM
    1983: SW VI vs OP
    1999: SW I vs TWINE
    2002: SW II vs DAD
    2015: SW VII vs Spectre
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 6,432
    1983: SW VI vs OP vividly remember watching both those films at the cinema when young, OP was my first James Bond Movie at the cinema and every Bond film since on the big screen.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Next year will be the 5th year in cinema history with both a Bond and a Star Wars movie being released.

1977 - Clash Of The Titans
    1983 - No Rest For The Weary
    1999 - Great Expectations
    2002 - For Whom The Bell Tolls
    2015 - The Renaissance
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

When I was a teenager, those were the two franchises I hoped would go on forever.
    They pretty much have.
    Character Names From STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS Revealed
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/other/news/?a=112287
    Who is Harrison Ford playing? ;)
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Who is Harrison Ford playing? ;)
    A gray-haired dude telling a guy to "get of my plane"?

Hey, that's my favorite Harrison Ford line.
    Mark Hamill Talks About His Beard, Han Solo, The New Droid, and Characters of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'

http://www.epicstream.com/news/499/Mark+Hamill's+Talks+About+His+Beard,+Han+Solo,+The+New+Droid,+and+Characters+of+'Star+Wars:+The+Force+Awakens'
    Sony Leak Reveals STAR WARS VIII & IX Will Be "Luke & Leia Storylines"
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi_movies/star_wars/news/?a=112388
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Sony Leak Reveals STAR WARS VIII & IX Will Be "Luke & Leia Storylines"
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/scifi_movies/star_wars/news/?a=112388
    This Sony leak seems a wonderful viral marketing tool. Or a wonderful playground for fools, I´m not sure. Why would they introduce new young characters in VII, using the old characters merely as guideposts, and then drop back on them for no less than the next two films? Their progeny perhaps, but certainly not Luke and Leia themselves.

Thank You From The Set Of STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheFunkyBunchRises/news/?a=112599
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    When the teaser was shown here (looked good in 3d btw), a lot of people expressed surprise. Strange that so many could have missed that a new Star Wars is coming up.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 5,767
    When the teaser was shown here (looked good in 3d btw), a lot of people expressed surprise. Strange that so many could have missed that a new Star Wars is coming up.
    It´s the smartphone generation. They don´t get to read the important news, because the mobile internet is still much too slow ;-).

• edited January 2015 Posts: 5,767
    http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/396357-star-wars-the-force-awakens-enlists-stars-of-the-raid#/slide/1

The fight chreographers and major ass kickers from The Raid and The Raid 2 are going to be in The Force awakens.
    Seems like the film is going to have some action scenes :-).