Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• edited November 2014 Posts: 1,107

Just curious do anybody here watched Star Wars Clone Wars the series I find it awesome Anakin is there by far better character than in the movies .
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Just curious do anybody here watched Star Wars Clone Wars the series I find it awesome Anakin is there by far better character than in the movies .

Not really difficult as the movie Anakin turned the most fearsome baddie into a sniffeling little shyte.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I happen to love The Clone Wars. It's an excellent show, and does a pretty good job of filling in the gaps between films.
    I happen to love The Clone Wars. It's an excellent show, and does a pretty good job of filling in the gaps between films.

Glad to see that someone likes it :)
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Here are some super spoilery details about Luke and what he's been up to the last 30 years

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/11/star-wars-episode-vii-state-luke-skywalker/

In almost certainly related news, Mark Hamill has been spotted on set recently without the beard.

mark.JPG
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Filming's over, he probably shaved it off. Or, it could be that near the end of the film, he shaves to look a bit more like the Jedi Master he used to be.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    I'll admit I've not read this thread yet, so at the risk of being repetitive, my comments are as follows:

The first 3 are iconic and fit the times (or perhaps actually defined them) perfectly. I'll contend that by the time Retun of the Jedi came out their cultural significance was already waning somewhat though, as was SCI-FI.

The prequels were the most wasted opportunity in history in my opinion. Such goodwill for them and Lucas completely messed it up. Mostly his fault but there was one factor he could not control...

His fault:
    -special effects were not properly done, or were overused. He should have known that some parts would date fast, especially in Phantom Menace's fights at the end. The droids were horrible
    -Jar Jar Binks - the less said the better. Lucas should have known better
    -Hayden Christensen - where did they find this goof? Who was he related to in order to get this career making (or breaking in his case) role? He couldn't have been screen tested, could he? Why did they not find a British thespian rather than this clown. One of the travesties in movie making history.
    -Natalie Portman - does she actually have an oscar? She was horrendous, particularly in some of the romantic scenes with Christensen
    -CGI sabre battles - atrocious and unbelievable. I'll take the one at the end of the Phantom Menace any day. Having said that, when Yoda suited up against Dooku at the end of the Attack of the Clones.....wowza
    -Samuel Jackson - completely ineffective and miscast (again, where were the British thespians)
    -Mediclorians - what the H?

What's good:
    -Ian Mcdiarmid - magnificent as Palpatine
    -Ray Park - absolutely chilling as Darth Maul. One of the tragedies is that they killed him off too early. They should have let him stay on until the last one. His non-cgi slugfest with Obi Wan & Qui-Gon Jinn is one of the best in the series and one of the top iconic fights in any great series, period.
    -Jake Lloyd - I realize this is controversial, but I liked him in Phantom. He was suitably innocent for that part of Anakin's life
    - Christopher Lee - nuff said

The part they could not control:
    -The Lord of The Rings trilogy coming out at about the same time, and totally showing them up on all fronts regarding how to make a consequential, well acted, dramatic, majestic ground breaking trilogy with proper use of real locations, set, and CGI. PS: They had the British thespians too.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 13,350
    They've ditched the Episode VII - or have they?
  • Not sure if that is just to say in a round about way the force is back. Will be surprised if this is the title of episode VII.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 1,310
    If it is official, I think it's a fine title. I think it is making reference to
    Han and Leia's children??
    bondjames wrote: »
    PS: They had the British thespians too.

The Brits aren't the only good actors, y'know.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »
    PS: They had the British thespians too.

The Brits aren't the only good actors, y'know.

No doubt, you'e right of course, but one is less likely to get a Hayden Christensen portrayal from one of them.

They should have been more selective with the lead actor for a franchise of this importance.

I don't really blame Lucas, because he was still trapped in this original trilogy universe and what worked then. I don't think someone like Mark Hamill or his performance will cut it these days in a movie that wants to take itself seriously. The benchmark has moved.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited November 2014 Posts: 5,080
    "The Force Awakens"? Passable. Certainly better than "The Phantom Menace".
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
    The Force Awakens? Has it been asleep the last 6 movies then?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    (deleted)
  • I had a sad realization about the Prequel Trilogy the other day.

You know how they tried to take the 'bad' character of Darth Vader and show how he used to be a good guy and make a tragic story about it? It failed SO HARD. I bet most people liked Vader way more before ever meeting young Anakin.

You know who took that same concept and did it right? This guy.

gaming-hideo-kojima-2.jpg

Just think about the parallels: the old Metal Gear games featured Big Boss as the bad guy, and then starting with MGS3 they started a whole new story in the past that showed he was once a good guy. And what's more: everyone loves him!! He's a fascinating character and when MGS5 comes out pretty soon we're going to see him go bad and it will actually be hard to watch! People CARE about Big Boss while Anakin was a whiny beeyotch. The Prequels ended up damaging Vader's character rather than making him deeper.

If only we could get the heart and soul from here:

maxresdefault.jpg
    old-big-boss-2.jpg

and apply it here:

Anakin-Skywalker-Wallpaper-anakin-skywalker-6363375-1024-768.jpg

Then we would have an epic Prequel Trilogy.

Oh well, at least the Sequel Trilogy looks promising. Anyway, that's my rant- back to Star Wars!
    (deleted)
  • The Force takes a vacation.

The Force takes a European vacation.

The Force takes a Christmas vacation.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    You guys my age remember the announced title of ROTJ? It was Revenge Of The Jedi. The even put it in early posters.
    The Force Awakens?
    Maybe...
    Y'know, before it was rendered non-canon for no real reason, we DID have a The Force Unleashed.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The force awakens. Followed by
    The Force has a bit of a stretch
    And
    The force scratches its b........ :))
    May the force be with us!!! :!!
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I can't say that I'm thrilled about the title. I guess I will need to see the film to put it into it's proper context.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Will there be force feeds from the set?
    The Force and the furious suggestion made me smile.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    SaintMark wrote: »
    The Force and the furious suggestion made me smile.

:)) =))