Bond 24 - 23rd Oct/US 6th Nov 2015 - Sam Mendes Back As Director

1234568»

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I will probably be the only one on this forum who does not want Spacey, but I really don't. I just don't like him. But, if he is in it, and the rest of the film is great, and he dies a great villainous death, then I can live with that. But I'd rather have a different actor.

I don't much care for Spacey either.
    I will probably be the only one on this forum who does not want Spacey, but I really don't. I just don't like him. But, if he is in it, and the rest of the film is great, and he dies a great villainous death, then I can live with that. But I'd rather have a different actor.

Count me in as well. I like Spacey, but he's too comical to be a credible bad guy. Even when he's acting serious, I find him a little humorous. A bad guy like that might have worked back in Moore era, but not now.

• Great news to have Sam Mendes back for BOND 24. On the subject of Kevin Spacey as the villain here is a fan made trailer I put together back in April that actually includes Kevin Spacey as the villain. I wouldn't mind Spacey as the villain. A very good actor.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2013 Posts: 11,139
    I love Spacey but to be honest I'd rather see someone else as a villain. I'd like to see Jared Harris or Idris Elba, heck both Harris and Elba as villains in Bond 24 would blow my mind.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oooh, I really like Idris Elba! He's a good actor and has charisma.
    I wouldn't mind him being in a Bond film at all.

I still like Christoph Waltz and Jean Reno, too.
    I like Reno so much, but I prefer him as a good guy. But he is so wonderful, I think he would make a great villain, too.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I would like to see Christoph Waltz and Benedict Cumberbatch. That would make a great combo of villains!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    MrBond wrote:
    I would like to see Christoph Waltz and Benedict Cumberbatch. That would make a great combo of villains!

My head would implode if they were both villains in one Bond film. That entire movie would be absolute beauty.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 2
    Cumberbatch would make an excellent villain (I would have had my reservations had I not already seen him in Star Trek).

Waltz would be a.ma.zing! I had never thought of him until now--excellent idea. I wonder if he might not do it though because of his bizarre allegiance to Quentin Tarantino and the fact that Tarantino (as much as I love his films) has some weird self-important axe to grind with EON.

I wouldn't want them in the same film though. They each carry too much weight. You should spread that a little thinner.
    @geigersplat, why wouldn't Waltz play a villain in a Bond film? I'm sure he would be delighted to. He was the villain in 'The Green Hornet.'

if it's this Kevin Spacey YES he needs to be in Bond 24

this Kevin Spacey not so much

so if he plays it creepy and understated like Usual Suspects good if he plays it campy and hammy like Luthor BAD
    Kevin Spacey over Cumberbitch every day. Hell yes...
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @geigersplat, why wouldn't Waltz play a villain in a Bond film? I'm sure he would be delighted to. He was the villain in 'The Green Hornet.'

Tarantino has a grudge with EON after they went and made CR without him (apparently he'd pitched it to them as a period piece that would've starred Brosnan).

@geigersplat was speculating that Waltz might not want to be in a Bond film because of what happened with EON and Tarantino (who Waltz seems to be mates with).
    Ahh, true, true. That makes sense, @thelivingroyale. I can understand that.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I can understand Waltz being matey with Tarantino - the man has gotten 2 Oscars (and other awards) from his work with him. I'd still like him in a Bond film, though; he is a really good actor.

• Tilda Swinton as the first lead female villain. Easy-peasy.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Well i would love to see Kevin Spacey in a Bond-film, but if i had to choose between him or Benedict Cumberbatch/Christoph Waltz i would have gone with the latters.
  • Kevin Spacey as a villian, it just feels tired and predictable, he can play this kind of thing in his sleep. Get somebody not know for playing nasty characters, make it fresh.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Even though Benedict Cumberbatch was
    Khan
    I think he would make a great Le Chiffre type villain.
    Murdock wrote:
    Even though Benedict Cumberbatch was
    Khan
    I think he would make a great Le Chiffre type villain.

I would love for Cumberbatch to play a Bond villain, but while he isn't attached in any way, shape, or form, he said the other day how much he enjoyed working with Abrams and he said "we'll see" when it came to being in Abrams' 'Star Wars' film(s).

I've always thought Hugh Laurie would make a unique Bond villain. Or how about Willem Dafoe? He could pull off a great psycho.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 140
    Would Dafoe as a Bond villain be too reminiscent of Spider-Man ? I'm not sure.
    00Ed wrote:
    Would Dafoe as a Bond villain be too reminiscent of Spider-Man? I'm not sure.

Of Spider-Man? How about Everything or Nothing?
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 140
    That, too. But not for those of us who don't game.
    00Ed wrote:
    Would Dafoe as a Bond villain be too reminiscent of Spider-Man? I'm not sure.

I wouldn't say so. Feels like a completely different universe to me.
    And I guess it would depend on the nature of the role, and how Dafoe chose to approach it.
    00Ed wrote:
    And I guess it would depend on the nature of the role, and how Dafoe chose to approach it.

That's also true. I don't know, I just have a lot of fan ideas roaming in my head of who I want to play a villain, who I want to direct, etc. I guess all of us do, though. Little ideas, actors, directors we would like to join that may not be the best in the public's eye, but it's something we would personally love.