LIVE AND LET DIE 40th ANNIVERSARY

13»

Comments

My introduction to Bond thanks to my dear old mother! Thanks mum as i have never looked back since!!! :D
  • It has massive ratings on its UK TV premiere, around 27 million. Of course, in 1980 you had loads of Bond fans, Moore fans, who had loved TSWLM and MR but never actually seen his earlier Bonds, and amazingly they hadn't got a re-release at the cinema to speak of (they would surely have cleaned up twice over!). No video or DVD back then, so Moore's debut got massive ratings. As did Connery's Dr No around 1985 or so, because for years it simply hadn't been shown on telly (don't know why, Connery's early films weren't shown for years on British telly, that's why his NSNA comeback was a bit risky on these shores, while it cleaned up in the States).
    2014 will mark the 40th anniversay of Moore's second film...TMWTGG but I daresay many affiionados want to forget that one. :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Goldfinger also has a big one coming up in September.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    2014 will mark the 40th anniversay of Moore's second film...TMWTGG but I daresay many affiionados want to forget that one. :)

Aah poor old TMWTGG, somebody else must love it, surely??
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I like TMWTGG better than LALD.

In my opinion, it has better soundtrack, better villain, better landscapes...

LALD is probably one of the lesser Bondians of them all: no tuxedo, no Aston Martin, no cigarrettes, mocking on the "Bond, James Bond" and... well, look behind Solitaire's game of cards!! :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't do rankings, but I think I'd be willing to go as far as saying that TMWTGG just might be my least favorite Bond film.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 11,189
    I enjoy Christopher Lee in MWTGG, but otherwise I find it average at best and horrible at worst. It's always been in my bottom 5 and currently stands at 21/23.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    LALD I can go with. Solid plot, decent acting, GREAT looking Bond girl, even the Pepper scenes are acceptable. But TMWTGG... too soon, too clumsily made, not enough brains. It could have worked, but it would have been wise to give this production more time, a far better script, even a far better plot.