Star Trek (1966 - present)

1777879808183»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 5 Posts: 23,378
    talos7 wrote: »
    I haven't watch Star Trek : Discovery but recently I saw photos of a new cast member, Callum Keith Rennie; at times he strongly resembles Daniel Craig

SJ5n8aU.jpg

He is the actor I am referring to, Callum's character in STD has alot of potential. Callum is a good actor appeared in numerous high profile shows and films, I think I best know him from Battlestar Galatica. I too thought he looked like DC more so when younger.

I will watch the first two episodes of STD S5 again, I can't believe I actually enjoyed them, there was a lot going on so want to see if there was anything I missed.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited April 5 Posts: 8,025
    So far I like him in DISCO. We never really got to see too much of what Starfleet officers/captains were like of this era, which now feels like a bit of an oversight in previous seasons.

All we knew in 3 and 4 was Admiral Vance and the head of Starfleet Intelligence played by David Cronenberg. I’m STILL weirded out by Cronenberg’s casting, but I like him in it. He seems ambiguous, but he shows over and over he’s got your back.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    So far I like him in DISCO. We never really got to see too much of what Starfleet officers/captains were like of this era, which now feels like a bit of an oversight in previous seasons.

All we knew in 3 and 4 was Admiral Vance and the head of Starfleet Intelligence played by David Cronenberg. I’m STILL weirded out by Cronenberg’s casting, but I like him in it. He seems ambiguous, but he shows over and over he’s got your back.
    I suspect Reyner at some point will want to use the technology to eliminate the threats he has mentioned.
    Interesting rewatching the Cold Front episode from S1 of Enterprise, Daniels tech (from 900 years in the future) is almost identical to STD tech around the same time period.

As I watch Enterprise again, I can't really accept that Future Guy is Archer, I know there are too many missing pieces, and i don't care what the writers/show runners said it just does not fit for me. Perhaps my opinion will change as I go forward.
    My understanding is that they didn’t really think through on the Temporal Cold War. It was an idea that was insisted by UPN, so nobody in the staff was all that invested in. Consider, there’s only like five episodes in total across the first two seasons related to that subplot. So it’s beyond underdeveloped, as far as the Suliban and Future Guy are concerned.

The only aspect of that war that gets fleshed out is the Xindi storyline in S3, and that was only ever meant to be a single season storyline anyway. Once they finishe that, they decided to resolve the entire temporal war in a two parter so the rest of the series can just focus being a prequel story.
    Star Trek: Enterprise - E All Scenes Full HD

I am a big fan of the Enterprise E, this starship does not take prisoners, aesthetically it looks a beast.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

I am a big fan of the Enterprise E, this starship does not take prisoners, aesthetically it looks a beast.

My absolute favorite Enterprise; she looks like she’s doing warp 9.9 even while standing still. She’s a beautiful ship.
    talos7 wrote: »

My absolute favorite Enterprise; she looks like she’s doing warp 9.9 even while standing still. She’s a beautiful ship.

Scimitar without a cloak would struggle against Enterprise E .

Enterprise E is my second favorite, Enterprise/A is perfection.
    5qe7d1s_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand
    Well this is a bummer. Was hoping LDS would get to seven seasons, but five seems to be the limit for a lot of streaming shows.

https://x.com/variety/status/1778860845985894798?s=46
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    A nod to Bond. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the used the actor who resembles Daniel Craig

https://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-james-bond-vesper-martini/
    edited April 21 Posts: 23,378
    I have only watched the first 2 episodes of STD S5 so will catch up before clicking the link, though seems very apt.

This looks great.
    William Shatner Is Asking You to Re-Examine Your Life