Batman

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,447
    Bargain of the day found these Eaglemoss figures unopened in a charity shop today... Quite happy with my find

s-l300.jpg

9786e32c-9e9a-4a32-a86a-7ef87729332d.jpg

s-l300.jpg
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Bargain of the day found these Eaglemoss figures unopened in a charity shop today... Quite happy with my find

s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Good find! All I ever find in my local charity shop is endless copies of The DaVinci Code novel.....
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,447

s-l300.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Good find! All I ever find in my local charity shop is endless copies of The DaVinci Code novel.....

Cost me £40 for the five, there were over thirty in the shop, the lady behind the counter said a gentleman's wife told him to get rid off them so he donated to charity. I wanted to buy more though I really don't have the space and thought I got the best five.

I found two eaglemoss starship enterprises last year in a charity shop, it's amazing what you can find.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    5b20c92acb5579e2ed5e6df58932fe05.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    No muggings are happening on that subway.
    True. They would be playing with their lives.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    True. They would be playing with their lives.

Oh. Is that supposed to be Affleck's Batman? ;)
    Must be.

How is this for a batmobile? Bugatti Royale
    The-top-3-most-expensive-car1.jpg
    Bruce Wayne is one of those who could afford it.
    Must be.

@Thunderfinger, there's a great noir one-shot Batman graphic novel called Nine Lives where a car almost exactly like that one is used as Bruce's batmobile, except the front of the car has a giant bat plate on it a la Dick Sprang's design.
    Haven t read that. That car would probably be impractical, but it looks good.
    Haven t read that. That car would probably be impractical, but it looks good.

This particular comic is set in the 40s and is basically a noir murder mystery with Batman and his rogues tossed in (and Dick Grayson is a Sam Spade-like detective investigating) so the car is period accurate and pretty cool. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes to see different spins on Batman, and since so much of the character has a noir vibe the tone and setting fit perfectly.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Nine Lives is a nice book, and the way it's printed gives it almost a cinematic feel. Hell of a book to store, though. ;) It's one of the better Elseworlds Batman stories.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Must be.

That car is legendary. 1938 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic to be exact. Ralph Lauren owns one of two in the world. Worth $40m.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 28,694
    bondjames wrote: »
    Must be.

That car is legendary. 1938 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic to be exact. Ralph Lauren owns one of two in the world. Worth $40m.

Well, at least now we know who to rob. We'll return the keys every other week to each other when "the job" is over.
    @LeonardPine bought this for £10 today from same charity shop...

ac74b98f2401df5cf58d0465879f57bf.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Batman fans: Danny Elfmann who is doing the music for JL, has said his original Batman theme from ‘89 will be BMs theme in JL as well.

Thoughts??
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,447
    peter wrote: »
    Batman fans: Danny Elfmann who is doing the music for JL, has said his original Batman theme from ‘89 will be BMs theme in JL as well.

Thoughts??
    Yeah I heard also John Williams Superman theme

Thoughts??

Read this somewhere, but wish it was kept quiet, and the same with Williams' Superman theme. Would've been absolutely bursting out of my seat in the theater if I didn't know. Marvel didn't say the 60s Spider-Man theme was going to be in Homecoming, so imagine my joy when I heard it.

Thoughts??

Read this somewhere, but wish it was kept quiet, and the same with Williams' Superman theme. Would've been absolutely bursting out of my seat in the theater if I didn't know. Marvel didn't say the 60s Spider-Man theme was going to be in Homecoming, so imagine my joy when I heard it.

I heard about this a month ago, agree if we did not see it coming would have been good. I should have posted spoilers like before.

Thoughts??

I heard about this a month ago, agree if we did not see it coming would have been good. I should have posted spoilers like before.

I'd have found out anyway, as it was everywhere. Just don't see the point of releasing that instead of keeping it quiet to surprise fans. Now I'm just expecting it.

Thoughts??

I'd have found out anyway, as it was everywhere. Just don't see the point of releasing that instead of keeping it quiet to surprise fans. Now I'm just expecting it.

I think releasing info like that gets a few more people interested

Thoughts??

Casuals, maybe, but I don't see music choices getting even fans to change their minds on seeing or not seeing a film.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Controversial opinion: I love the theme, BUT, I don’t think it fits this incarnation of BM??
    Controversial opinion: I love the theme, BUT, I don’t think it fits this incarnation of BM??

I don't think so either. Don't feel it's deserved, not yet. But if Affleck is given a moment to really be Batman, maybe it'll work.

I'm more interested to see what moment the Superman theme is used, as Supes is the character I care about in all this. He needs his moment of glory.

I don't think that's controversial. Elfmann's Batman theme was written for Burton and Keaton's vision of Batman, and is correspondingly grandiose, gothic, and operatic, just like their Batman films. The present incarnation of Batman is very different, and should have its own Batman theme. It's not like the Bond films, which have a remained a single series and have a far more unified conception of their lead character.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Looking forward to it! :-bd
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,447
    Murdock wrote: »

:-bd

Thoughts??

Casuals, maybe, but I don't see music choices getting even fans to change their minds on seeing or not seeing a film.

Definitely think releasing those score details are aimed at the mass public

Thoughts??

I just can't see that. I don't think even 10% of the casual audience even know who scored the original Batman films.

Thoughts??

I just can't see that. I don't think even 10% of the casual audience even know who scored the original Batman films.

It's probably a vain attempt to attract more audience, if we heard those themes first time in this film it would be done right, telling people it will happen either means DC are trying to get people more interested or the composer is clueless.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    @LeonardPine bought this for £10 today from same charity shop...

ac74b98f2401df5cf58d0465879f57bf.jpg

Nice!