Batman

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    He's also the main villain in 'Taken 2.'

Wow,
    Victor Zsasz
    is in this, too? I really haven't seen this in quite some time.
    Yes, though he wasn't that touched upon. But there is fan service, as
    you can see the tally marks on his body.
    :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So, so cool. It definitely was a very small part, and if I had recalled this a long time ago - wasn't as big into 'superheroes' back then - I might have thought he would be TDK's villain...until BB's ending told us, of course.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love that Nolan had the whole series planned out, and each film end's with an opener to the next one. Cool stuff. Begins's ending makes me quiver with anticipation, though I know what happens afterwards it still excites me.
    I'm thinking TDK followed immediately after I finish BB is an excellent idea. And yes, I enjoy a director who goes into a project/trilogy, knowing exactly what they want to do. If I plan a trilogy, then you can bet I'll be going into it knowing how I want my beginning, middle, and end to be. When directors wing it with a trilogy or film, it just irks me.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm thinking TDK followed immediately after I finish BB is an excellent idea. And yes, I enjoy a director who goes into a project/trilogy, knowing exactly what they want to do. If I plan a trilogy, then you can bet I'll be going into it knowing how I want my beginning, middle, and end to be. When directors wing it with a trilogy or film, it just irks me.
    The cool thing is that Nolan knew his ending before Begins ever released. I don't know what that means, or how much I should be concerned, but I like it.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that is very cool. Do you know if he had the casting ideas in his head, or no? I don't think Hardy was known in the slightest around the time BB even started, so I surmise he didn't. Also, what was the whole Robin Williams/Hugo Strange rumor a while back for TDKR? Was that actually planned, or just something Williams wanted?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've heard Hathaway had been talking to Nolan since Batman Begins about the idea of Catwomen. Really. And it looks like it payed off for her.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that is very cool. Do you know if he had the casting ideas in his head, or no? I don't think Hardy was known in the slightest around the time BB even started, so I surmise he didn't. Also, what was the whole Robin Williams/Hugo Strange rumor a while back for TDKR? Was that actually planned, or just something Williams wanted?
    Nolan uses talent he has a history with, and knows how they work. He hadn't worked with Tom at that point in 2005 at the time of Begins, so I don't know what went through his head. As for Robin Willaims, the only rumors I ever heard involving him were that he was a candidate for Burton's Joker and Schumacher's Riddler. I never heard a Hugo Strange rumor. I think Nolan would do a great Hugo tale.

edited July 2012 Posts: 40,447
    I'm now curious as to who will be the main villain come the next Batman reboot/reimagining, whatever they decide to do. I'm hoping for someone new, like Zsasz, The Great White Shark, etc.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Let's start the guessing now, why not? We'll have a long time to wait!
    I've quite enjoyed seeing different actors play the same few villains, but I think it's time for some new villains injected into the film series. We've had The Joker, The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Scarecrow, Two Face, and Poison Ivy. I know I'm missing some, I haven't seen the older films in a while.

I think 'Batman: Arkham Asylum' opened me up to new villains, because you could go around and snap pictures that would unlock character profiles, and that's what intrigued me about the other villains, because their back stories, personalities, and appearances seem so cool, yet we've never seen them in a film role.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm now curious as to who will be the main villain come the next Batman reboot/reimagining, whatever they decide to do. I'm hoping for someone new, like Zsasz, The Great White Shark, etc.
    Man Bat would be cool, as well as other underused like Croc, Mad Hatter, Firefly. Some interesting plots can come out of those, and some bizarre ones indeed so that they can distance themselves from the NolanBatverse.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've quite enjoyed seeing different actors play the same few villains, but I think it's time for some new villains injected into the film series. We've had The Joker, The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Scarecrow, Two Face, and Poison Ivy. I know I'm missing some, I haven't seen the older films in a while.

I think 'Batman: Arkham Asylum' opened me up to new villains, because you could go around and snap pictures that would unlock character profiles, and that's what intrigued me about the other villains, because their back stories, personalities, and appearances seem so cool, yet we've never seen them in a film role.
    Ra's! You are watching it right now, haha.
    Haha, I knew it! I almost forgot Two Face, as well, added him in at the last second, and I knew anyone I forgot would more than likely be the most obvious.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Haha, I knew it! I almost forgot Two Face, as well, added him in at the last second, and I knew anyone I forgot would more than likely be the most obvious.

Are you still watching Begins? If so, what part?
    That I am. Wayne was just putting paint on his suit, and was talking to Alfred about ordering the cowl in large orders. I would be further along, but a bad storm hit close to home and the power went out. Now, Wayne just put his makeshift suit on for the first time, with the balaclava/ski mask.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That I am. Wayne was just putting paint on his suit, and was talking to Alfred about ordering the cowl in large orders. I would be further along, but a bad storm hit close to home and the power went out. Now, Wayne just put his makeshift suit on for the first time, with the balaclava/ski mask.
    Your power is very unreliable, mate. We were supposed to have a storm too, but funnily enough we have temperatures in the low 80s and humidities even higher. Now I know Mother Nature is deliberately trying to send me over the edge.
    That it is. This summer has been terrible for storms, with the power going out on or about five different occasions. It's growing old. But, the rain and storms have stopped (for now) and the heat is picking back up, so I get Batman for the rest of the night.

Wow, that bit of score that plays as soon as
    Batman jumps out of the window after being lit on fire by Scarecrow
    is incredibly dark and eerie.
    Begins is truely one of my fav films and an underated video game.
    Now that I think about it, Batman hasn't really stuck by his 'kill nobody' pact after seeing BB.
    When he is in training with Ra's, he refuses to kill that one prisoner. So, to escape, he causes a fire...which creates numerous explosions that inevitably kill everyone, including the other caged prisoners.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Now that I think about it, Batman hasn't really stuck by his 'kill nobody' pact after seeing BB.
    When he is in training with Ra's, he refuses to kill that one prisoner. So, to escape, he causes a fire...which creates numerous explosions that inevitably kill everyone, including the other caged prisoners.

Well he wasn't even near to being the role of Batman at the time, and it really isn't like he had much choice. It was either fight or die. He chose fight.
    I just surmised he wanted to escape to avoid killing that guy, but ends up killing everyone else by taking the other route.

I was also thinking of the scene where he asks Gordon to destroy the bridge, which ultimately sends the train tumbling into a heavily populated area, but that was technically done by the Commissioner's hand.
    You might want to spoiler cover. Anyway,
    the train landed where there wasn't anyone around, not to my eyes.
    I was going to, not sure why I left it out that time.

The only reason I stated that was
    because you see quite a few people watching Gordon before he fires the shot into the pillar. I just figured there was no way people could realize to move a considerable space away before the train collapsed.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I was going to, not sure why I left it out that time.

The only reason I stated that was
    because you see quite a few people watching Gordon before he fires the shot into the pillar. I just figured there was no way people could realize to move a considerable space away before the train collapsed.
    But there is a decent time frame between when Gordon shoots the bridge and the train falls.
    Ahh, my mistake. Makes sense now, sorry about that.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Ahh, my mistake. Makes sense now, sorry about that.
    I keep thinking about what you said about Bruce killing the men in the league when he blew the place up, and when you think about it HE didn't kill anyone. The men died because they stayed to fight while they could have escaped the place and lived. Like Ra's, he died from the explosion, but Bruce/Batman has never physically killed someone toe to toe.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, and THAT is what makes me incredibly excited about TDKR: to see if Batman can still stay true to his word when up against such strong, physical odds.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, and THAT is what makes me incredibly excited about TDKR: to see if Batman can still stay true to his word when up against such strong, physical odds.
    Yes. I have seen a lot of intriguing evidence in the film, and after looking back at Knightfall and No Man's Land I think I have a pretty good theory of what the story will be. I can PM it to you if you wish. My theory isn't affected by any spoilers of the film, as I have never went looking for them, so it's safe.
    Go ahead, send me a PM. I'd love to read your theory on it.