Last Movie you Watched?

1955956958960961964

Comments

  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,534
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    On a Peter Hyams kick recently, I love Outland (my favourite movie of his) and have been plowing through his stuff (Narrow Margin was awesome), and last night I watched Relic, and I gotta say some parts really creeped me out.

    You should check Peter Hyams debut 'Busting' (1974), one of my favourite cop thrillers. With Elliot Gould and Robert Blake!

    Fantastic film. Gould is a delight in that one.
    One Hyams film I dislike is Running Scared. Then again, I have never liked Billy Crystal, that may have something to do with it, too.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Posts: 2,353
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Django Unchained 2012
    This film is a hard watch, unwatchable, with the DISGUSTING slavery in the usa contained within it.
    Even Django treats his fellow slaves with disdain. :-O

    Did you like the film, @007InAction?

    No i didn't like it. I saw it years ago also.
    Have you seen it ? If so what do you think about it and the "hero" ? Django ?

    I think it's an awesome film. Hard to watch, yes. That's the point. QT makes us feel the pain of slavery. Also, Django wants his girl back. And he's playing his part so he can find her. Eventually, he takes out a full household of slave-owners, racist goons and traitors. Sure, he's a cool "hero". But not a one-dimensional one. QT isn't interested in one-dimensional heroes, I think.

    The first part of the movie is good but then it turns into a disappointment.

    I think the Django Tarantino created was one dimensional imo as he turns a blind eye to the innocent slaves, who allows getting savaged by dogs etc, is not a "hero"

    I think he could have made the Django and Waltz's character into something special and end the movie together.

    But that's just my opinion against the "genius" ? of QT ?

    I don't think i could watch this film again.
  • Posts: 6,804
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    On a Peter Hyams kick recently, I love Outland (my favourite movie of his) and have been plowing through his stuff (Narrow Margin was awesome), and last night I watched Relic, and I gotta say some parts really creeped me out.

    You should check Peter Hyams debut 'Busting' (1974), one of my favourite cop thrillers. With Elliot Gould and Robert Blake!

    Fantastic film. Gould is a delight in that one.
    One Hyams film I dislike is Running Scared. Then again, I have never liked Billy Crystal, that may have something to do with it, too.

    Yeh, that was pretty forgettable, the only thing I recall is the car chase on the railway tracks!
    'Capricorn One' is a regular watch for me of Hyams too, very entertaining movie, with a cracking score by Jerry Goldsmith!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,534
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Django Unchained 2012
    This film is a hard watch, unwatchable, with the DISGUSTING slavery in the usa contained within it.
    Even Django treats his fellow slaves with disdain. :-O

    Did you like the film, @007InAction?

    No i didn't like it. I saw it years ago also.
    Have you seen it ? If so what do you think about it and the "hero" ? Django ?

    I think it's an awesome film. Hard to watch, yes. That's the point. QT makes us feel the pain of slavery. Also, Django wants his girl back. And he's playing his part so he can find her. Eventually, he takes out a full household of slave-owners, racist goons and traitors. Sure, he's a cool "hero". But not a one-dimensional one. QT isn't interested in one-dimensional heroes, I think.

    The first part of the movie is good but then it turns into a disappointment.

    I think the Django Tarantino created was one dimensional imo as he turns a blind eye to the innocent slaves, who allows getting savaged by dogs etc, is not a "hero"

    I think he could have made the Django and Waltz's character into something special and end the movie together.

    But that's just my opinion against the "genius" ? of QT ?

    I don't think i could watch this film again.

    No, that's fine. I can understand that. It's a tough film for sure.
    And yes, I think QT is a genius, but that doesn't mean I would accept everything he creates just like that. He still has to sell every next film of his to me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 40,461
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Django Unchained 2012
    This film is a hard watch, unwatchable, with the DISGUSTING slavery in the usa contained within it.
    Even Django treats his fellow slaves with disdain. :-O

    Did you like the film, @007InAction?

    No i didn't like it. I saw it years ago also.
    Have you seen it ? If so what do you think about it and the "hero" ? Django ?

    I think it's an awesome film. Hard to watch, yes. That's the point. QT makes us feel the pain of slavery. Also, Django wants his girl back. And he's playing his part so he can find her. Eventually, he takes out a full household of slave-owners, racist goons and traitors. Sure, he's a cool "hero". But not a one-dimensional one. QT isn't interested in one-dimensional heroes, I think.

    The first part of the movie is good but then it turns into a disappointment.

    I think the Django Tarantino created was one dimensional imo as he turns a blind eye to the innocent slaves, who allows getting savaged by dogs etc, is not a "hero"

    I think he could have made the Django and Waltz's character into something special and end the movie together.

    But that's just my opinion against the "genius" ? of QT ?

    I don't think i could watch this film again.

    Not everything is that black and white in Tarantino's universe. Both characters even note that they're going to have to get mean and nasty if they want to retain their cover and rescue Django's wife.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Posts: 13,894
    Black Dynamite

    1d58927fec6244a0cba6b3b2f315bba315-Black-Dynamite.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

    Hilarious send up / tribute to the Blaxploitation films of the 1970's. That final fight... :))
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,534
    Black Dynamite

    1d58927fec6244a0cba6b3b2f315bba315-Black-Dynamite.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

    Hilarious send up / tribute to the Blaxploitation films of the 1970's. That final fight... :))

    I've said it before, @MajorDSmythe, you have good taste, sir. I'm in a bit of a blaxploitation vibe myself. I recently bought the Arrow Video Blu-rays of Coffy and Foxy Brown, I've got Cleopatra Jones lined up for afterwards, and the entire Shaft series follows next. Rounding things off: Dolemite, Black Dynamite, and (only half a blaxploitation film, perhaps) Black Mama, White Mama.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Posts: 23,284
    Black Dynamite

    1d58927fec6244a0cba6b3b2f315bba315-Black-Dynamite.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

    Hilarious send up / tribute to the Blaxploitation films of the 1970's. That final fight... :))

    A classic, I have the double soundtrack album also, there has been rumors for years there maybe a sequel,
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 25 Posts: 40,461
    Black Dynamite

    1d58927fec6244a0cba6b3b2f315bba315-Black-Dynamite.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

    Hilarious send up / tribute to the Blaxploitation films of the 1970's. That final fight... :))

    I rewatched this a couple of months back, desperately hopeful it was as great as I remembered it being, and it was somehow even better. Hilarious from start to finish, found myself crying a few times from laughing. It's so good. Can't wait for that new "spiritual successor" Western that MJW and co. are doing.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited February 26 Posts: 2,353
    Baby Driver 2017
    Great film.
    One of Edgar Wright's best.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Posts: 8,683
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Black Dynamite

    1d58927fec6244a0cba6b3b2f315bba315-Black-Dynamite.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

    Hilarious send up / tribute to the Blaxploitation films of the 1970's. That final fight... :))

    I've said it before, @MajorDSmythe, you have good taste, sir. I'm in a bit of a blaxploitation vibe myself. I recently bought the Arrow Video Blu-rays of Coffy and Foxy Brown, I've got Cleopatra Jones lined up for afterwards, and the entire Shaft series follows next. Rounding things off: Dolemite, Black Dynamite, and (only half a blaxploitation film, perhaps) Black Mama, White Mama.

    Now the only Blaxploitation movie worth mentioning that you don't have in your lineup is a certain little flick named Live And Let Die. Stupid name, right? It's even got a Whitie hero!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,534
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Black Dynamite

    1d58927fec6244a0cba6b3b2f315bba315-Black-Dynamite.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

    Hilarious send up / tribute to the Blaxploitation films of the 1970's. That final fight... :))

    I've said it before, @MajorDSmythe, you have good taste, sir. I'm in a bit of a blaxploitation vibe myself. I recently bought the Arrow Video Blu-rays of Coffy and Foxy Brown, I've got Cleopatra Jones lined up for afterwards, and the entire Shaft series follows next. Rounding things off: Dolemite, Black Dynamite, and (only half a blaxploitation film, perhaps) Black Mama, White Mama.

    Now the only Blaxploitation movie worth mentioning that you don't have in your lineup is a certain little flick named Live And Let Die. Stupid name, right? It's even got a Whitie hero!

    Names is for tombstones, baby. ☺
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,687
    Jackson and I just finished watching Corvette Summer (first time for Jackson, 15th time for me), and Jackson liked it.
    It's such a cool time capsule film.
    A sweet yet crass movie concerning a pretty yet ugly car. I love it.
  • Posts: 6,804
    THE BIG MAN (1999)
    This popped up on Film 4 the other night. Directed by David Leland ( who passed away just before Christmas) . Leland is famous as writer of 'Mona Lisa', which I had an enjoyable watch of recently! Big Liam Neeson plays Danny, who at the start gets happily narried to Beth (Joanne Whalley), and who wouldn't be?! He gets caught up in the famous miners' strike of the 80's and becomes unemployed. A local gangster (the excellent Ian Bannen) gets Danny to take part in a bare knuckle fight, little knowing he's part of a bigger plot ( the losing gangster has to fund a hit on a rival!) The film builds to the fight itself, I say fight, but this is a horrific, bloody, eye gouging, spitting, gruelling scrap, which has to be the most brutal put on screen. Oh. did I mention Billy Connolly as Dannys mate ( the scene with the dog is a hoot!) And did I also mention this excellent British drama has a score by Ennio Morricone? (Yes, you read that right!)
  • Posts: 12,263
    Lifeforce (1985). This one had been on my radar for a long time, so it felt nice to finally get to it. It was a visual feast start to finish, and has an especially great soundtrack from the great Henry Mancini! I especially liked Patrick Stewart's scenes in the film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Posts: 23,284
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Lifeforce (1985). This one had been on my radar for a long time, so it felt nice to finally get to it. It was a visual feast start to finish, and has an especially great soundtrack from the great Henry Mancini! I especially liked Patrick Stewart's scenes in the film.

    I have Lifeforce on ARROW Bluray, this crazy movie is one of my all time favorites. Tobe Hooper is unleashed here, he did not hold back.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,534
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Lifeforce (1985). This one had been on my radar for a long time, so it felt nice to finally get to it. It was a visual feast start to finish, and has an especially great soundtrack from the great Henry Mancini! I especially liked Patrick Stewart's scenes in the film.

    I have Lifeforce on ARROW Bluray, this crazy movie is one of my all time favorites. Tobe Hooper is unleashed here, he did not hold back.

    And Mathilda May. That's not even a full sentence; it doesn't have to be. Mathilda May. That's why.
  • Posts: 12,263
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Lifeforce (1985). This one had been on my radar for a long time, so it felt nice to finally get to it. It was a visual feast start to finish, and has an especially great soundtrack from the great Henry Mancini! I especially liked Patrick Stewart's scenes in the film.

    I have Lifeforce on ARROW Bluray, this crazy movie is one of my all time favorites. Tobe Hooper is unleashed here, he did not hold back.

    And Mathilda May. That's not even a full sentence; it doesn't have to be. Mathilda May. That's why.

    When I said a visual feast, I meant it! ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,534
    Another Stakeout
    John Badham really screwed the pooch with this one. This may in fact be one of the worst films I have seen in ages. I don't even know where to start: the acting or the story? Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Estevez weren't all that good in the first film, but both are terrible here. Yet the worst "acting" comes from Rosie O'Donnell, who's all over the place with her loudness.

    I have never understood the comedic appeal of actors just yelling at each other. That's not funny; it's annoying! Nearly two hours of Dreyfuss, O'Donnell and, occasionally, the lovely Madeleine Stowe yelling at each other like a bunch of idiots is neither amusing nor anything a sane person should be allowed to endure.

    The film has nothing else going for it anyway. The story is stupid and there's no comedy. That is, unless you think it's funny that a car is dropped in water with Estevez looking at us, almost breaking the fourth wall, with a smile that reads like "what are you going to do about it?" The only thing missing was a wa-wa-waaaa sound effect.

    I'm deaf, insulted and bored. Another Stakeout is a horrible film.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 17,687
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Lifeforce (1985). This one had been on my radar for a long time, so it felt nice to finally get to it. It was a visual feast start to finish, and has an especially great soundtrack from the great Henry Mancini! I especially liked Patrick Stewart's scenes in the film.

    I have Lifeforce on ARROW Bluray, this crazy movie is one of my all time favorites. Tobe Hooper is unleashed here, he did not hold back.

    I have it too. Wicked cool film, looks beautiful.
  • Posts: 6,804
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Another Stakeout
    John Badham really screwed the pooch with this one. This may in fact be one of the worst films I have seen in ages. I don't even know where to start: the acting or the story? Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Estevez weren't all that good in the first film, but both are terrible here. Yet the worst "acting" comes from Rosie O'Donnell, who's all over the place with her loudness.

    I have never understood the comedic appeal of actors just yelling at each other. That's not funny; it's annoying! Nearly two hours of Dreyfuss, O'Donnell and, occasionally, the lovely Madeleine Stowe yelling at each other like a bunch of idiots is neither amusing nor anything a sane person should be allowed to endure.

    The film has nothing else going for it anyway. The story is stupid and there's no comedy. That is, unless you think it's funny that a car is dropped in water with Estevez looking at us, almost breaking the fourth wall, with a smile that reads like "what are you going to do about it?" The only thing missing was a wa-wa-waaaa sound effect.

    I'm deaf, insulted and bored. Another Stakeout is a horrible film.

    I quite enjoyed the first one, ( mainly for the very lovely Madeleine Stowes, ahem, appearance!! Whatever happened to her?, loved her in 'Revenge' and 'The Last of the Mohicans')
    John Badham has done some good movies, 'Blue Thunder', 'Wargames', and 'Dracula'.....this sequel is a low point in his career!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,534
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Another Stakeout
    John Badham really screwed the pooch with this one. This may in fact be one of the worst films I have seen in ages. I don't even know where to start: the acting or the story? Richard Dreyfuss and Emilio Estevez weren't all that good in the first film, but both are terrible here. Yet the worst "acting" comes from Rosie O'Donnell, who's all over the place with her loudness.

    I have never understood the comedic appeal of actors just yelling at each other. That's not funny; it's annoying! Nearly two hours of Dreyfuss, O'Donnell and, occasionally, the lovely Madeleine Stowe yelling at each other like a bunch of idiots is neither amusing nor anything a sane person should be allowed to endure.

    The film has nothing else going for it anyway. The story is stupid and there's no comedy. That is, unless you think it's funny that a car is dropped in water with Estevez looking at us, almost breaking the fourth wall, with a smile that reads like "what are you going to do about it?" The only thing missing was a wa-wa-waaaa sound effect.

    I'm deaf, insulted and bored. Another Stakeout is a horrible film.

    I quite enjoyed the first one, ( mainly for the very lovely Madeleine Stowes, ahem, appearance!! Whatever happened to her?, loved her in 'Revenge' and 'The Last of the Mohicans')
    John Badham has done some good movies, 'Blue Thunder', 'Wargames', and 'Dracula'.....this sequel is a low point in his career!

    Indeed. Madeleine Stowe is a beautiful woman and a good actress. All the more reason why Another Stakeout is a crime.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Posts: 23,284
    I recently re watched 12 Monkey's Madeleine Stowe is indeed beautiful.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Lifeforce (1985). This one had been on my radar for a long time, so it felt nice to finally get to it. It was a visual feast start to finish, and has an especially great soundtrack from the great Henry Mancini! I especially liked Patrick Stewart's scenes in the film.

    I have Lifeforce on ARROW Bluray, this crazy movie is one of my all time favorites. Tobe Hooper is unleashed here, he did not hold back.

    I have it too. Wicked cool film, looks beautiful.

    Due a rewatch, the International Extended version is even better. It is such a shame Lifeforce contributed to the budget being cut on Superman IV

    Watching the opening scene of Lifeforce now, it genuinely feels other worldly quite like nothing else. I need to buy this in 4K.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Lifeforce (1985). This one had been on my radar for a long time, so it felt nice to finally get to it. It was a visual feast start to finish, and has an especially great soundtrack from the great Henry Mancini! I especially liked Patrick Stewart's scenes in the film.

    I have Lifeforce on ARROW Bluray, this crazy movie is one of my all time favorites. Tobe Hooper is unleashed here, he did not hold back.

    And Mathilda May. That's not even a full sentence; it doesn't have to be. Mathilda May. That's why.

    Yes a name many of our generation know immediately.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Posts: 6,719
    Mathilda May ain't no Steven Seagal.
  • Posts: 1,515
    DUNE. I guess you have to be a fan.
  • Posts: 9,767
    Working girl

    A fun movie i really enjoyed great players harrison ford is fantastic and it reminds me of my struggle’s still working.

    Movies 2024
    1. Working girl
    2. Casino Royale 1954
    3. When harry met sally
    4. Bob marley one love

  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Posts: 23,284
    CrabKey wrote: »
    DUNE. I guess you have to be a fan.

    Which version? I love the David Lynch film.
  • Posts: 1,515
    The new one. It's not a bad film, but not one that had me thinking about it after.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Posts: 23,284
    CrabKey wrote: »
    The new one. It's not a bad film, but not one that had me thinking about it after.

    I thought it was OK, I will rewatch part 1 before seeing part 2 sometime this week.

    Dune Part 1 was mainly all set up and world building, I have heard the sequel capitalizes on that and is much more engaging.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 8,487
    @Creasy47 ...did you see DUNE 2 yesterday?
Sign In or Register to comment.