Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Gerard wrote: »
    Suicide Squad. Margot Robbie rocks !
    Fully agree here. Owns it, as she herself would say.
    The Apartment (1960). Treasured classic that I'm happy to have in my collection.
    Following right up with another Billy Wilder classic - Some Like It Hot (1959). Hilarious film.
    "Nobody's perfect." Classic line !
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Last night, for the first time, I watched Blade Runner (I know I know). Was good, I enjoyed it but I think I need to give it another watch to fully appreciate it.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Aliens, still a great action film.
    Last night, for the first time, I watched Blade Runner (I know I know). Was good, I enjoyed it but I think I need to give it another watch to fully appreciate it.

Uh, which version ? Because there's quite a few.
    Anybody know where i can watch this?

OK Connery (1967)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062078/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    That bad huh? Ouch. I just saw all the bond people in it and its also scored by Ennio Mooricone.
    I had problems getting trough CR 67, did it on my third attempt with a friend.

This is the closest i could find.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,423
    It's a fun film. Very flawed. Sometimes even cringeworthy. But, compared to the 1967 Bond satire, this is an Oscar worthy product. A lot better than many imitators tried to pull off a spoof subsequently and before.
    Matter of taste, really. I couldn't get through that one easily and forced myself to watch it in one go because it "was" a Bond film. I've seen it once. Never again.
    Saw "Independance Day : Resurgence" today, in an almost empty theater. What I think about it can be summarized in four words : A Roland Emmerich Movie.

Because, let's face it, from movie to movie, Roland Emmerich has never changed his style, or his mannerisms. The cast is good, the effects and action scenes are spectacular, but really, there's not much to bite here. Still, if you have two hours to spend in a theater, I guess there are worse movies you could try.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That bad huh? Ouch. I just saw all the bond people in it and its also scored by Ennio Mooricone.

Is this it? I haven't seen it myself.
    Frailty (2001). Very intriguing, solid drama/thriller movie.
    jake24 wrote: »

Is this it? I haven't seen it myself.

Thanks, seems like it is the right movie. (- minus the openings credits)

And some misplaced tracks of DAF in the background.
    Spotlight (2015). An important story told very well; good film.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Watched Cobra (1986) last night. Ok, so not great but I'm a sucker for these 80's action/thrillers and a big Stallone fan so I enjoy this enough.

An unknown fact that I found out about this movie last night was that this movie started off life as the first Beverly Hills Cop movie, however, after Stallone did some re-writes, that made it a more serious movie, the studio went with Murphy instead; Sly used his version for Cobra.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Cobra is a very guilty pleasure for me. Not a great film nor of a critical quality. But, it's fun to watch and the soundtrack is just spectacular. Nuts for an action film? Cobra is for you. I'm thinking @DaltonCraig007 here. ;)

That's odd.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Misconduct (2016)
    It's always good to see Tony Hopkins pop up in a film, but neither he nor Al Capacino could save this routine thriller.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,692
    Just came back from the cinema after seeing...

Star Trek: Beyond (2016)
    Absolutely fantastic film. Flat out action with tons of humour, which is just what I ask for. The cast was terrific, very good chemistry between them, and the special effects were breathtaking. The 'musical' moment of the climax was one of the most badass moments I've ever seen, I had a huge grin on my face and I almost started jumping on my seat. Bring on the next installment!

Tonight I'll make another trip for 'Train to Busan', a South Korean zombie oubreak film.

That's odd.
    The user edited it. And trust me, he or she ruined it by touching the film. Some bits more stupid than the other, as if a four year old was given to do the editing job.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Just came back from the cinema after seeing...

Star Trek: Beyond (2016)
    Absolutely fantastic film. Flat out action with tons of humour, which is just what I ask for. The cast was terrific, very good chemistry between them, and the special effects were breathtaking. The 'musical' moment of the climax was one of the most badass moments I've ever seen, I had a huge grin on my face and I almost started jumping on my seat. Bring on the next installment!

Tonight I'll make another trip for 'Train to Busan', a South Korean zombie oubreak film.

@DaltonCraig007, I am ging to see it this weekend. Would you saay it is better than the first two? I enjoyed them both, but found them very forgettable.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Thunderfinger I quite liked the first two, but this one is quite a bit better. More fun, more action, more humour, more chemistry between the main cast. I am sure you won't be disappointed.
    And more Beastie Boys.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Thunderfinger, whereas I'm in the minority that preferred the first two, and found this latest one to be forgettable. It seems most people enjoyed this latest one the most, though, so hopefully you do, too.
    I shall speak once I see it.
    Watched Cobra (1986) last night. Ok, so not great but I'm a sucker for these 80's action/thrillers and a big Stallone fan so I enjoy this enough.
    I love Cobra too!
    Some rather sad trivia though: as cool as Stallone is now, apparently back in '86 his ego was in full swing-- and it sounds like he was actually a bit of an asshole! So much that it potentially affected Brian Thompson's career.
    For example, before their big fight at the end, when he has that big monologue, Stallone wasn't even on set like he was supposed to be! The poor guy had to film it by himself! (He was supposed to be speaking to Cobra) Stallone was too busy watching a game!

And he also tried to come to Stallone for advice on his characters motivation and Stallone brushed him off with a simple 'he's just bad.' Someone later said something to the effect of 'Brian could have really been something in this movie if Stallone only worked with him.'
    Technically that's the directors burden so take it with a grain of salt.

Also countless filming delays from him showing off in front of his bodyguards, and making out with Brigitte Nielsen, who he was dating at the time.

I hope it all wasn't as bad as it sounds because I really love Stallone! This was from IMDb, so hopefully it may have been blown out of proportion
    Train to Busan (2016)

To put it simply: 'The Raid' (the first one) + chase scenes from 'Bourne Ultimatum' + zombies = 'Train to Busan'. This film is absolutely mental. The South Koreans once again have proved to everyone who is the boss in terms of action films. This is one of the most intense action/horror films I've ever seen. From start to finish, the tension is sky high, the characters are utterly badass (In S. Korea they deal with zombies by punching them in the face, breaking their necks, smashing them in the walls and demolishing them with baseball bats, so move over 'The Walking Dead'), and the action does not stop at any moment, so no time to catch our breath during the 2 hours run time. This film goes straight in my top 5, is not top 3 horror films, and in terms of action film it's an automatic top 10 for me. As much as I enjoy stuff like 'World War Z' and '28 Days Later' this latest S. Korean film is the ultimate offering in the zombie outbreak genre. Top 3 of 2016 for me, so far.

My next stop at the cinema will be a double bill of Mechanic: Resurrection and Blood Father in 2 weeks.