Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Walton Goggins is one of the most underrated actor in the business. His acting on tv shows 'The Shield' and 'Justified' are out of this world.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Walton Goggins is one of the most underrated actor in the business. His acting on tv shows 'The Shield' and 'Justified' are out of this world.

Goggins is terrific, I loved him in 'Django Unchained,' as well. I really liked the first season of 'Justified' but never continued after that, and now that I've been looking for a new show to start, my buddy keeps trying to get me back into it because he loves it.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Goggins is terrific, I loved him in 'Django Unchained,' as well. I really liked the first season of 'Justified' but never continued after that, and now that I've been looking for a new show to start, my buddy keeps trying to get me back into it because he loves it.

Justified is worth your time and Goggins is so watchable, Justified has such a perfect ending and didn't out stay it's welcome unlike other shows I could name.
    @Shardlake, I've no idea how 'Justified' ends, nor do I know of any spoilers, which is really nice. I've no clue what happens to Goggins; if he disappears after the first season or stays a main character, though I hope it's the latter. I'll have to check it out soon.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 you need to see 'The Shield' too. Absolutely ballsy crime tv show, some episodes are edge-of-your-seat stuff. Vic Mackey (played by Michael Chiklis) is one of my favorite TV characters. Goggins is a important character in each of the 7 seasons.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 40,474
    I really don't care for Chiklis at all, but that's because I've seen him in nothing but awful movies. I've heard nothing but good things about 'The Shield,' but it'd be another tough one for me to get through because I had it spoiled for me, unfortunately.

'Kill Bill: Vol 2'

I've always said that this one is much weaker than the first volume (mainly to do with pacing and a bit of a disappointing finale), but watching them back-to-back made things much better, and it seems that for me lately, going back and re-watching movies I remember not liking as much as I thought is a good thing, because I really loved it this time around. The scene with Karen and Beatrix in the hotel is one of my favorite scenes (out of many) in the two movies, mainly because of the cocky, yet confident trash talk they throw at one another.

Hoping to make it through 'Death Proof' now and 'Inglourious Basterds' before the night ends, leaving me 'Django Unchained' to look forward to tomorrow to wrap up the marathon! Haven't even done a ranking yet, so off the top of my head:

1.) 'Kill Bill Vol. 1'
    2.) 'Pulp Fiction'
    3.) 'Jackie Brown'
    4.) 'Kill Bill Vol. 2'
    5.) 'Reservoir Dogs'

Also, this list is in no way indicative of a 'great' or 'bad' film, as I'm totally Tarantino-biased and love them all, so 'Reservoir Dogs' being at the bottom means nothing, as I still very much love the film. However, I've seen it so much as it is and it already doesn't have much rewatchability for me, but it's still an incredible film.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Shardlake, I've no idea how 'Justified' ends, nor do I know of any spoilers, which is really nice. I've no clue what happens to Goggins; if he disappears after the first season or stays a main character, though I hope it's the latter. I'll have to check it out soon.

No Spoiler really Goggins in the whole thing and stays the main character after Olyphant's Rayland Givens, it's all about their relationship really.

There is plenty to flesh it out with lots of different plots. Great acting, writing and just thoroughly entertaining.
    'Death Proof'

This movie is good fun when it gets to certain scenes, but there's quite a lot of exposition and unnecessary moments thrown throughout that gives it some bad pacing issues. However, the characters are still entertaining enough in their tales of friendship and Hollywood, and the soundtrack to this one is one of my favorites of his. Now on to 'Inglourious Basterds.'

'Inglourious Basterds'

This one also ranks low for me, mostly due to the inclusion of quite a few unnecessary scenes that ruin the feel and pacing of the movie for me, mainly the Shoshanna/Frederick scenes. I can't stand them. But, Waltz shines in this and really brings a level of intensity and fear to the role. The rest of the cast isn't too bad, one of my least favorite selections of actors from a Tarantino movie, however.

Tarantino Ranking:

1.) 'Kill Bill Vol. 1'
    2.) 'Pulp Fiction'
    3.) 'Jackie Brown'
    4.) 'Kill Bill Vol. 2'
    5.) 'Reservoir Dogs'
    6.) 'Death Proof'
    7.) 'Inglourious Basterds'
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Robocop 2 - it's not a patch on the first movie but still decent enough to enjoy.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 12,269
    Robin Hood (1973); since I had honorary movies for Alan Rickman and David Bowie, why not Brian Bedford too? Disney's Robin Hood is very nostalgic for me, and I find myself incredibly satisfied every time I watch it. Bedford produced an ideal voice for Robin Hood - suave and confident. Peter Ustinov as Prince John is also a huge highlight, providing plenty of laughs throughout the film. The movie is great for action, adventure, and comedy! I think this is a great Disney classic that both kids and adults can enjoy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @FoxRox, the score by George Bruns is also fantastic, one of my all time favourite soundtrack composers. He also did The Jungle Book (1967),
    @Thunderfinger It was good. I also like The Jungle Book a lot; though Jungle Book is generally more beloved, Robin Hood is my personal favorite between the two. Several of my favorite Disney classics are not the most popular.
    Such as?
    Such as?

The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, The Emperor's New Groove, The Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood, Treasure Planet for some examples.

EDIT: Oliver & Company and The Great Mouse Detective as well.
    The Emperor s New Groove is a great, absurd film. How about Black Cauldron? Pretty dark stuff.
    The Emperor s New Groove is a great, absurd film. How about Black Cauldron? Pretty dark stuff.

Emperor's New Groove is one of my all-time favorite Disney classics and comedies in general; it's just loads of fun. I was never a big fan of Black Cauldron - sorry. I also have to mention while I'm on the topic of Disney classics that Frozen is near the very bottom for me. I even watched it a second time to make sure, and nothing changed; I just don't care for it at all.
    Never saw Frozen. Other favourites of mine- Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty and especially The Aristocats.

So many others as well. Dumbo, Mulan, Home On the Range, the list goes on
    Never saw Frozen. Other favourites of mine- Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty and especially The Aristocats.

So many others as well. Dumbo, Mulan, Home On the Range, the list goes on

Pinocchio, Dumbo, Peter Pan, and Mulan are all in my Top 15 at least. Snow White is great too.
    Sounds like a tough watch, but I always enjoy a chilling documentary, so I'll have to watch it soon. Some intense ones I've seen lately are 'The Act of Killing' and one of my favorite documentaries, 'Hearts and Minds.'
    'The Act of Killing' (and it's sequel, which I've yet to see) are a very extreme definition of the word "unique." It's bizarre, but really telling, and it's hard to see such a dark and depressing topic handled in such an upbeat manner. 'Hearts and Minds' is a great Vietnam documentary, very visceral and raw, so you're getting a look at things from the front lines. You see soldiers die, and casual interviews with Americans while they're in the midst of bedding Vietnamese prostitutes. It's a tough watch at times, for sure, as is the legendary 'Shoah.'

'Django Unchained'

Been a big fan of this movie for a while now; moves along wonderfully, very brutal and emotional, and it's a great tale of revenge, with an Oscar-worthy performance by Leonardo Dicaprio. Sadly, my Tarantino marathon has come to an end until 'The Hateful Eight' hits blu-ray!

Tarantino Ranking: (need to re-watch 'The Hateful Eight' to ensure my ranking feels right, but for now...)

1.) 'The Hateful Eight'
    2.) 'Kill Bill Vol. 1'/'Kill Bill Vol. 2'
    3.) 'Pulp Fiction'
    4.) 'Django Unchained'
    5.) 'Jackie Brown'
    6.) 'Reservoir Dogs'
    7.) 'Death Proof'
    8.) 'Inglourious Basterds'
  • Cars .not seen this since it came out.
    Been busy the last few days so here goes.

TED2: My goodness i was howling and can just watch both movies over and over again! Just love them! =))

Big Game: Sam L Jackson as the US President shot down over Finland and being saved by 13 year old kid out to prove himself. Funny in parts.

Pain & Gain: Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson in what i was shocked to discover was a true story. Found it really funny in parts which makes me pretty bad! ;)

San Andreas: Dwayne Johnson again in this typical disaster movie. Thought some of the effects were pretty good though.

Babylon AD: Vin Diesel in this forgettable film but great to see Michelle Yeoh!

Mad Max Fury Road: Real eye popping fun with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron. Lover this reboot!

The Conversation (1974). An intriguing classic with some great twists and turns.
    Crank (2006)

Action filled and fast paced, but non of that matters when you don't care about what happens.

Three Days of the Condor (1975)

Intriguing conspiracy movie with a cool performance from Max von Sydow

Lucky Number Slevin (2006)

Entertaining, but the story felt a bit too convenient.

Iron Man (2008), great movie. I liked it better on second viewing.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Iron Man (2008), great movie. I liked it better on second viewing.
    2nd? I'm on my 10th at least!
    :P
    I still love his Dracula.
    I have to see more Coppola films for sure; Godfather 1 and 2 are two of my all-time favorites. Watching Psycho (1960) now - amazing film. Nothing like watching a good Hitchcock classic while sick in bed.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Carrying on in the same vein as my recent watches, I watched Robocop 3 last night. Not great at all and, despite a couple of good scenes (the death of Lewis was handled pretty well I thought), this movie is, just about, a 1 star.
    RC3 is one of the worst films ever.