Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, be warned, sir, be warned. After The Voyage Home, you think you may reach the final frontier but I think you'll reach
    rock bottom
    . ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thanks for the warning, @DarthDimi :D
    2 and 6 and outstanding for me, sucker for the sad endings and Meyer knows what makes Star trek work, let us know what you think of 5, a lot to discuss
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Voyage Home: Awesome! I love films where future characters travel back to previous times and have to cope with the surroundings! Some moments had me laughing a lot, Shatner and Nimoy had excellent chemistry here (the bus scene).
    No cool battles like 2, but just an immensely enjoyable adventure. "I like Italian. And so do you."
    Tomorrow I'll continue with the 5th outing!
    Oh my, I wonder what you will think of it....
    :-?
    The 6th is really good IMO.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,694
    Oh dear, you guys aren't reassuring me about what I'll witness with the 5th film. :-t
    Oh dear, you guys aren't reassuring me about what I'll witness with the 5th film. :-t
    It has some humorous moments....
    approach it with an open mind, just like QOS
    patb wrote: »
    approach it with an open mind, just like QOS
    QOS is like, eleven or twelve times better than Star Trek V...

Ok then, I've seen Superman III 2 days ago, is Trek 5 better than that film?
    Ok then, I've seen Superman III 2 days ago, is Trek 5 better than that film?
    Yes.
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,694
    I'm taking a leap of faith on @chrisisall's message and will watch it now. I brought some chips and a drink next to me! :)

I'll report back in about 2 hours.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I've really grown to love Star Trek 5 in my last viewing. It has some big flaws but the good things about the film are really good.
    @Birdleson, No but still a descent watch. Jerry Goldsmith really delivered in the music department.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    The one that get's a lot of praise that I cannot stand is IV.
    Still not wrapping your head around the "fun" concept I see....
    :))
    I think you made a typo. "dumb"
    Then your inner 11 year old is truly dead...
    [-X
    I think it's time for a colorful metaphor. ;)
    Murdock wrote: »
    I think it's time for a colorful metaphor. ;)
    Double dumb ass on him?

Well. Let's hear one.
    DOCTOR GAVE ME A PILL AND I GREW A NEW KIDNEY!!! :))

Well. Let's hear one.
    People don't pay attention unless you swear every word.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Well. Let's hear one.

Oh damn. I was hoping the hell that people were paying attention to my flippin comments. ;)
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Well. Let's hear one.

Oh damn. I was hoping the hell that people were paying attention to my flippin comments. ;)

The Hell they don't.
    ;)
    Tree Of Life (2011)... Brad Pitt, Jessica Chastain, Sean Penn... Well, it's a Terrence Malick movie, and it's beautiful; the biggest star here is probably Emmanuel Lubezki and I guess with Malick's other most recent films, too. Not as much yet with The New World, but since then, well... But I don't have a problem with that. Nor with not quite getting everything. There is only so much Malick I could take, I'm sure, but I do find his work interesting.

The Four Feathers (2002)... Heath Ledger... with Djimon Hounsou, Wes Bentley and Kate Hudson. A bit messy at some points, but interesting nevertheless, a story that has been filmed several times, this being the most recent one.

Monster's Ball (2001)... Billy Bob Thornton, Halle Berry, Heath Ledger. I didn't remember at all what happened in the movie, but I recently saw it referred to as "romantic drama" and thought "eeh, surely not really, was it?" And nope, it wasn't. A pretty good movie, actually, but to me not particularly enjoyable, not sure why. Remembered that feeling from the first time I saw it, and still couldn't quite get into it.

3:10 To Yuma (2007). Had to watch this again. Absolutely love it. I must say that I really hope Russell Crowe and Christian Bale get to work together again, that was one beautiful relationship both on screen and off.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Must say I enjoy all the original Star Trek movies - to carrying degrees. Listen to The Shats chat track on ST:V and you get idea of what he wanted and was hamstrung by the studio, up to a point, but he does seem really proud of what is generally regarded as the worst of the original films. There is some good humour in it, but also some really cringe-worthy moments. At least there is The Undiscovered Country to watch after, which is one of the best.
    Just finished The Final Frontier (fell asleep last night)... Well, what can I say. Given the title of the film I was expecting something epic. What I got was a camping trip on earth for the first 20 minutes with the crew singing 'Row row row your boat" :-S And when I finally saw 'the final barrier', I was quite unimpressed. This is my least favorite Trek film so far. I wouldn't have mind all the humour if the movie wasn't called the way it was. Missleading title.
    Just don't watch STVII (Generations), it's actually worse.

Now wrap it up with a good finale: STVI.
    @chrisisall I am a completist, so I'm afraid I will have to watch the 7th film. :)
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 4,602
    Shatner and his daughter wrote an interesting book about TFF. He was way out of his depth as a director and I think it hurt him after Nimoy had done a pretty decent job. Shatner lost control of the budget and by the time they got to the ending, they were looking down the back of the sofa for extra funds (and boy does it show). The plot does not work, the dialogue doesnt work, its just so poor but they had to let him direct. They had to bring Meyer back for the next one and IMHO, he saves the franchise for a second time.
    "To be or not to be" Just love Plummer as the bad guy trying to out do Khan. So glad they went out on a high.
    PS if you have the right DVD, Meyer's commentary is one of the finest you will find on any DVD IMHO. He treats the listener with respect and you learn much about the directing process
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Meh, I think both Generations and First Contact are worth the watch. Insurrection and Nemesis are okay if you treat them as extended episodes of the television series.
    Generations is the worst movie ever made, Even worse than Battleship. [-(
    Generations is the worst movie ever made
    American Hot Wax was a little worse.