Last Movie you Watched?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @chrisisall, thoughts on 'New Police Story'?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @chrisisall, thoughts on 'New Police Story'?
    Oh, it was pretty dreadful IMO. It was Jackie trying to prove that he could act, and no good fights really. Most memorable moment was when his alcoholic character in it pukes in an alleyway. The movie had no connection to his other 4 PS movies. Worst Chan movie ever for me. Glad I rented it instead of buying, as I generally do.
    0.5/10
    @chrisisall, Jackie is amazing at playing a drunk, and that's all I got out of the film. It was terrible, and absolutely nowhere near the level of 'Police Story' and its sequel.
    @Creasy47 Have you seen Accidental Spy?
    Or The Forbidden Kingdom? Forbidden Kingdom is SO much fun, just a crazy Wizard of Oz-ed kind of Chinese fable! Plus: Jackie vs. Jet Li!
    chrisisall wrote:
    @Creasy47 Have you seen Accidental Spy?
    Or The Forbidden Kingdom? Forbidden Kingdom is SO much fun, just a crazy Wizard of Oz-ed kind of Chinese fable! Plus: Jackie vs. Jet Li!

Yep, 'Forbidden Kingdom' was a very fun film! I haven't seen 'Accidental Spy' in quite some time. I watched 'Who Am I?' again last night. A bit slow at parts and goofy at times, but that finale is excellent. What's your favorite Chan film?
    edited September 2013 Posts: 17,695
    Creasy47 wrote:
    What's your favorite Chan film?
    Wow, so many.
    For action, Drunken Master II (aka Legend Of The Drunken Master), or Supercop (aka Police Story III).
    For fun, Forbidden Kingdom.
    For vehicle-related action ThunderBolt.
    For real story Shanghai Noon.
    Rush Hour 2 & 3 were good as well.
    My all-around favourite would be Who Am I, I guess.
    'Supercop' is great, as well. I haven't seen 'Forbidden Kingdom' in so long, since it was in theaters. I've never seen 'ThunderBolt,' 'Shanghai Noon,' or 'Drunken Master II.' I thought I was pretty well and caught up on my Chan films.
    Dude, Shanghai Noon is a MUST-SEE! Seriously.
    What about 'Shanghai Knights'? If I got my hands on both, is it something I should watch just to say I've seen both, or is it totally not worth it?
    Shanghai Knights is a good movie, but so not up to the level of Shanghai Noon.
    I own both, but I watch the sequel only rarely... it has it's moments.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 40,545
    chrisisall wrote:
    Shanghai Knights is a good movie, but so not up to the level of Shanghai Noon.
    I own both, but I watch the sequel only rarely... it has it's moments.

I'm sure I could pick up a double pack of them for cheap. I might have to give them a go sometime!

I wish I had $1 for every time I've said that on here. I would be rich enough to afford all of the films I've meant to watch.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 17,695
    Get Shanghai Noon by all means necessary!
    Use extreme prejudice if need be.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    RIDDICK - Vin Diesel is once more awesome (by lack of better word) as Riddick, the movie is great fun but leave the kiddies at home since it is an independent shot movie its some what horrifying a times.

I wanted to see it - how was Sackhoff in the film, sans spoilers - but I didn't go this weekend so I'll just wait for the DVD/blu-ray. The next ones for me are 'Insidious: Chapter 2' and 'Rush.'

Sackhof was brilliant she is with Diesel easily the best part of the movie.

@SaintMark, gah, now I really, really want to see it. I recently saw her in a few episodes of 'Nip/Tuck,' but couldn't remember her name, and every time I saw the 'Riddick' trailer in theaters, I could have swore that was her. Finally remembered to look her up, and sure enough, it was her. I really want to see it, it looks so entertaining.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @SaintMark, gah, now I really, really want to see it. I recently saw her in a few episodes of 'Nip/Tuck,' but couldn't remember her name, and every time I saw the 'Riddick' trailer in theaters, I could have swore that was her. Finally remembered to look her up, and sure enough, it was her. I really want to see it, it looks so entertaining.

RIDDICk is a movie made for men, and she makes Starbuck look like a total wuss.

Riddick is easily the best of the three movies with Vin Diesel playing this character, and the opening of the movie is close to brilliant and RIDDICk has never been so bada&se. On the basis of this movie I will see the next one even if the reviws say balls.

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Séraphine

A French film author which has been nominated for 7 Césars in France and one won for the main Belgian actress Yolande Moreau. A story about a house cleaner after WW1 who tried painting all night long and wants to sell her pieces of art. But almost nothing happened as wished...

7/10
    Prometheus. I have to say I enjoyed it. Although I would like to have seen more of the aliens in it they went there too look for? I did like the birth of our friend the alien though! Does anyone think there will be a follow up?
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 6,396
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Prometheus. I have to say I enjoyed it. Although I would like to have seen more of the aliens in it they went there too look for? I did like the birth of our friend the alien though! Does anyone think there will be a follow up?

Difficult to say but on the balance of probabilities I would say yes. It had a mixed reception on release but has made enough money to get a sequel.
    I can't recall exactly, but was Scott just working on an original sci-fi film that turned into 'Prometheus'? I'm pretty sure that's how it happened. Either way, I thought it was pretty good. Wasn't as tense or action-y as I had hoped it would be...or as the trailers made it out to be. Then again, that's today's trailer for you: show all the big, action-packed bits to make it look like what it isn't.
    Hmmmm? Be interesting to see? But how it would work I am not sure?
    RogueAgent wrote:

Well, I could see where they would like to take it, considering the ending of 'Prometheus,' though I'm not sure how they would go about it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Well, I could see where they would like to take it, considering the ending of 'Prometheus,' though I'm not sure how they would go about it.

My thoughts exactly? Could be a tough sell? Unless Fassbender's character is reprogrammed and turns into some sort of warrior? But I guess we will have to see?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    chrisisall wrote:
    What's your favorite Chan film?

I think I would have to say Who Am I? is probably my favorite Jackie Chan film. I really enjoyed it when I was a kid and still do as an adult. The roof top fight is one of my favorite fight scenes in a martial arts film. The Forbidden Kingdom and Rush Hour are my second and third favorites with him.
    BTW, I'm really bummed to find out that Jackie isn't going to be in "The Expendables 3" like he was rumored to be. I remember reading he was only going to do it if he had a decent role in it and Stallone agreed. Shame it's not going to happen.
    I think I would have to say Who Am I? is probably my favorite Jackie Chan film.
    Mine too. I got the Chinese version and it has almost a half hour of additional scenes in it- nothing crucial, mainly African village stuff & some funny moments. I'd say I like the American cut better for it's rapid pace & slightly better transfer...
    The one thing I don't like about the Chan films is that I purchased a whole bunch on DVD off Amazon about a year back, and I didn't even bother checking if they were in their native language or not, so a good bit of them are terribly dubbed over. You have high-ranking Chinese officials with perfect English accents.
  • @ Creasy47 Finally watch lone wolf mcquade, Chuck is pretty awesome in this film. To the point the mismatch between him and Carridine is amusing at best though good fun. great quote from Chuck 'Carridine is as good at martial arts, as i am at acting' Got to love Chuck :-)
    Yeah, Carradine was a great actor, but his Gung Fu was pretty light.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Yeah, Carradine was a great actor, but his Gung Fu was pretty light.

Do like him in kill Bill 2, his characters critique on Superman or the superman is certainly interesting. I often think how Bruce would have been in Kung Fu, shame about the politics in that era. Though we may not have got Enter the Dragon.
    Though we may not have got Enter the Dragon.
    And that would have been a loss to mankind.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Though we may not have got Enter the Dragon.
    And that would have been a loss to mankind.

Absolutely, We would never have got to see Black Belt Jones ;-)