What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    The song will be titled "Trapped Under Ice".

You read it here first.

;)
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 5,767

Not as good as Creeping Death, but the chorus part is very cool.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

You read it here first.

;)

Interesting, If so, that strongly suggests the song and the titles come directly after the opening scenes of Safin and Young Madeleine on the ice lake - which means the Matera action takes place after the titles -- and means the pre-title sequence does not feature Bond, the first time since LALD (and TMWTGG if u don't include Bond's dummy).

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    boldfinger wrote: »

Not as good as Creeping Death, but the chorus part is very cool.

Quite so. B-)
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    JamesCraig wrote: »

You read it here first.

;)

Metallica.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    HMBFF wrote: »
    Don’t want to rain on everyones parade, but she may be preforming a non-Bond related song for the ‘In Memoriam’ segment.

I jumped on that tweet thinking it could only mean the Bond song. But now I'm second guessing it. If she gets nominated for NTTD next year (and let's face it, that is perfectly possible), she'll probably sing the song there and then. I doubt the Academy would want the same singer with the same song in 2 years time. So now I think the In Memoriam segment is way more likely.

Yeah, it would be much smarter to reserve the Bond performance for a possible nomination for the next year. If this does turn out to be an arbitrary Bond title debut, it really better be THAT good because these award ceremonies are notorious for going on overtime.

Not last year, as there was no host, and there will be no host this year, as well. They wanted the show to run faster, and as that worked last year (although than the "no host" solution was due to the fact, that they did not find a replacement for Kevin Hart), they decided to stick to it.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    The Oscars is very very unlikely to be for Bond.

Firstly, the Oscars don't promote films to come during the ceremony. They are not a marketing entity for new releases. Secondly, if this was for the bond song reveal they would advertise it as such as more people would tune in for an 'exclusive.'

This is either for the In Meroium segment or part of some showpiece - either to celebrate some anniversary for a past Oscar winner or to look back at 2019.

The good news here is that the Academy love Billie and even if her song is lacklustre they'll find a way to honour her in 2021.

If this is for NTTD, expect an announcement soon.............but don't hold your breath.

No, to hold ones breath for 7 weeks could turn out dangerous, even if only it were for health reasons.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The Oscars is very very unlikely to be for Bond.

Firstly, the Oscars don't promote films to come during the ceremony. They are not a marketing entity for new releases. Secondly, if this was for the bond song reveal they would advertise it as such as more people would tune in for an 'exclusive.'

This is either for the In Meroium segment or part of some showpiece - either to celebrate some anniversary for a past Oscar winner or to look back at 2019.

The good news here is that the Academy love Billie and even if her song is lacklustre they'll find a way to honour her in 2021.

If this is for NTTD, expect an announcement soon.............but don't hold your breath.

No, to hold ones breath for 7 weeks could turn out dangerous, even if only it were for health reasons.

:))
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Looking forward to it.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Surely the song will be out anytime within this month right....
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Opening gunbarrel sequence? But will it be the full sequence? :-?

For context, that’s a quote from the set visit interviews that took place in October on the last day of filming
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Surely the song will be out anytime within this month right....

March I'd say.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Daniel Kleinman's visuals are gonna fit so well with whatever they've got cooking.

In short, Finneas can’t say what the title of the song is. He can say when it is coming out - soon.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    vzok wrote: »

In short, Finneas can’t say what the title of the song is. He can say when it is coming out - soon.

If he can’t say what the title is, then surely it is not just simply named No Time To Die, is it? If the title of the song is the same as the movie’s title, then I see no reason why he can’t say it. Unless he’s being secretive to build up hype.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

If he can’t say what the title is, then surely it is not just simply named No Time To Die, is it? If the title of the song is the same as the movie’s title, then I see no reason why he can’t say it. Unless he’s being secretive to build up hype.

Could be just playing coy. If it's indeed NOT titled "No Time to Die", that makes "Skyfall" the only Craig film to have a song that shared the title of the film.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Daniel Kleinman's visuals are gonna fit so well with whatever they've got cooking.
    So you´ve seen them?

• EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    antovolk wrote: »

Sounds sound sadly. Still she'll sing at the Brit's too. My faith's unbroken :D Does even align with Fineas' 'Soon'.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

Last time we heard that word was when Barbara Broccoli said the trailer would be released soon and that was almost four months later :))
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

I'm a big fan of Billie and find a lot of her music extremely cinematic so that can only bode well considering what we know of Kleinman's talent.
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

I'm a big fan of Billie and find a lot of her music extremely cinematic so that can only bode well considering what we know of Kleinman's talent.
    Mhm.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?
    I can neither confirm nor deny without the approval of the secretary, because I don´t get the logic behind your explanation. I don´t agree in that I don´t think her music is cinematic. But even assuming it were, why would that, together with the idea that Kleinman´s title sequences tend to be quite accomplished, imply that both together must be a good fit? The music of Star Wars is cinematic. The visuals of Out of Africa are cinematic. Does that mean they are gonna fit to one another?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?
    I can neither confirm nor deny without the approval of the secretary, because I don´t get the logic behind your explanation. I don´t agree in that I don´t think her music is cinematic. But even assuming it were, why would that, together with the idea that Kleinman´s title sequences tend to be quite accomplished, imply that both together must be a good fit? The music of Star Wars is cinematic. The visuals of Out of Africa are cinematic. Does that mean they are gonna fit to one another?
    It's my opinion based on an educated guess as a fan of her music and a fan of Daniel Kleinman's work that their sound and visuals will fit because of their previous work, as someone could say that another artists music wouldn't fit with Kleinman's visuals, is there a reason I can't say that? Or do I need hard evidence?

And your analogy about Star Wars and Out of Africa doesn't work because there's no correlation to what I'm trying to say. You're talking about fusing two different, already existing properties, whereas I'm talking about a collaboration between two creatives who will indeed be creating something that'll be seen as one creative piece in the final film, so therefore makes more sense for me to assume that they would fit.
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?
    It's my opinion based on an educated guess as a fan of her music and a fan of Daniel Kleinman's work that their sound and visuals will fit, as someone could say that another artists music wouldn't fit with Kleinman's visuals, is there a reason I can't say that? Or do I need hard evidence?
    Say anything you want. I just find the quasi-confirming style of sentences such as, "Daniel Kleinman's visuals are gonna fit so well with whatever they've got cooking" baseless and annoying. But apparently that´s just me, so don´t worry ;-).

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?
    It's my opinion based on an educated guess as a fan of her music and a fan of Daniel Kleinman's work that their sound and visuals will fit, as someone could say that another artists music wouldn't fit with Kleinman's visuals, is there a reason I can't say that? Or do I need hard evidence?
    Say anything you want. I just find the quasi-confirming style of sentences such as, "Daniel Kleinman's visuals are gonna fit so well with whatever they've got cooking" baseless and annoying. But apparently that´s just me, so don´t worry ;-).
    I mean it doesn't take much to work out it's an opinionated statement so should just be approached with an alternate opinion rather than pointless questions about "style of sentences" because to me that's just a boring way to try and undermine someone whose just trying to say what they think :D

It's like pointing out a spelling mistake in a texted argument. If you're gonna respond to this btw best to do it in messages probably so we're not taking up too much room with debates about wording.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the song :)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?

It's not just you @boldfinger even i am neutral at the moment, it could be good or bad. We will find out soon enough.
This discussion has been closed.