What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Well either way hope you both end up enjoying it :)

Also just quickly I know this song isn't very Bondian, but I thought I'd try and to a mash up of one of her songs with the title sequence from Skyfall. This song is the one she did for Roma, a good film if anyone hasn't seen it. I do not think this is the sound they're gonna go for, as they're music is very versatile, but I just really like the song :)

I did have to edit the song down the fit it with the sequence. Hopefully you can't tell lol

Denbigh wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Daniel Kleinman's visuals are gonna fit so well with whatever they've got cooking.
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

I'm a big fan of Billie and find a lot of her music extremely cinematic so that can only bode well considering what we know of Kleinman's talent.
    Mhm.
    Do you not agree?
    I can neither confirm nor deny without the approval of the secretary, because I don´t get the logic behind your explanation. I don´t agree in that I don´t think her music is cinematic. But even assuming it were, why would that, together with the idea that Kleinman´s title sequences tend to be quite accomplished, imply that both together must be a good fit? The music of Star Wars is cinematic. The visuals of Out of Africa are cinematic. Does that mean they are gonna fit to one another?
    It's my opinion based on an educated guess as a fan of her music and a fan of Daniel Kleinman's work that their sound and visuals will fit, as someone could say that another artists music wouldn't fit with Kleinman's visuals, is there a reason I can't say that? Or do I need hard evidence?
    Say anything you want. I just find the quasi-confirming style of sentences such as, "Daniel Kleinman's visuals are gonna fit so well with whatever they've got cooking" baseless and annoying. But apparently that´s just me, so don´t worry ;-).
    I mean it doesn't take much to work out it's an opinionated statement so should just be approached with an alternate opinion rather than pointless questions about "style of sentences" because to me that's just a boring way to try and undermine someone whose just trying to say what they think :D

It's like pointing out a spelling mistake in a texted argument. If you're gonna respond to this btw best to do it in messages probably so we're not taking up too much room with debates about wording.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the song :)
    Well, you asked, I answered. No need to whine about it like a little girl.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Daniel Kleinman's visuals are gonna fit so well with whatever they've got cooking.
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

I'm a big fan of Billie and find a lot of her music extremely cinematic so that can only bode well considering what we know of Kleinman's talent.
    Mhm.
    Do you not agree?
    I can neither confirm nor deny without the approval of the secretary, because I don´t get the logic behind your explanation. I don´t agree in that I don´t think her music is cinematic. But even assuming it were, why would that, together with the idea that Kleinman´s title sequences tend to be quite accomplished, imply that both together must be a good fit? The music of Star Wars is cinematic. The visuals of Out of Africa are cinematic. Does that mean they are gonna fit to one another?
    It's my opinion based on an educated guess as a fan of her music and a fan of Daniel Kleinman's work that their sound and visuals will fit, as someone could say that another artists music wouldn't fit with Kleinman's visuals, is there a reason I can't say that? Or do I need hard evidence?
    Say anything you want. I just find the quasi-confirming style of sentences such as, "Daniel Kleinman's visuals are gonna fit so well with whatever they've got cooking" baseless and annoying. But apparently that´s just me, so don´t worry ;-).
    I mean it doesn't take much to work out it's an opinionated statement so should just be approached with an alternate opinion rather than pointless questions about "style of sentences" because to me that's just a boring way to try and undermine someone whose just trying to say what they think :D

It's like pointing out a spelling mistake in a texted argument. If you're gonna respond to this btw best to do it in messages probably so we're not taking up too much room with debates about wording.

Cool :)

Anyone think Billie would do a music video for the song like Sam Smith? or maybe a lyric video like Adele?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?

Anyone think Billie would do a music video for the song like Sam Smith? or maybe a lyric video like Adele?

Yeah, I can imagine her in a tux with her hairstyle done with a comma....and she has the icy, cold-blue eyes like Craig....to suit a spy as well....maybe the video might shoot scenes in Safin's lair & Matera.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?

Yeah, I can imagine her in a tux with her hairstyle done with a comma....and she has the icy, cold-blue eyes like Craig....to suit a spy as well....maybe the video might shoot scenes in Safin's lair & Matera.

On the music video front...this image is actually not a stock image of her but seemingly part of whatever she's done for NTTD specifically (single cover? Music video?)

Web-1000x689.png

antovolk wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?

On the music video front...this image is actually not a stock image of her but seemingly part of whatever she's done for NTTD specifically (single cover? Music video?)

Web-1000x689.png

Yeah, that's true....maybe it's a promotional photo or something like that...time will tell though.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Oh good spot @antovolk :)
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    vzok wrote: »

In short, Finneas can’t say what the title of the song is. He can say when it is coming out - soon.

If he can’t say what the title is, then surely it is not just simply named No Time To Die, is it? If the title of the song is the same as the movie’s title, then I see no reason why he can’t say it. Unless he’s being secretive to build up hype.

Could be just playing coy. If it's indeed NOT titled "No Time to Die", that makes "Skyfall" the only Craig film to have a song that shared the title of the film.

I heard it's called "Writing No Time To Die Is Another Way to Skyfall" wrapping up all 5 Craig films.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?

It's not just you @boldfinger even i am neutral at the moment, it could be good or bad. We will find out soon enough.

Hearing the song won't end the debate. Some will love it, some will hate it.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Am hoping for the song to be as good as YKMN or even top it....YKMN is Craig's Best Bond song...I still find myself listening to it more than the others....the first few seconds grabs the listener...instantly.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    Am hoping for the song to be as good as YKMN or even top it....YKMN is Craig's Best Bond song...I still find myself listening to it more than the others....the first few seconds grabs the listener...instantly.

YKMN is great but I do prefer Skyfall - and this is coming from a massive Soundgarden fan too!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Octopussy wrote: »

In short, Finneas can’t say what the title of the song is. He can say when it is coming out - soon.

If he can’t say what the title is, then surely it is not just simply named No Time To Die, is it? If the title of the song is the same as the movie’s title, then I see no reason why he can’t say it. Unless he’s being secretive to build up hype.

Could be just playing coy. If it's indeed NOT titled "No Time to Die", that makes "Skyfall" the only Craig film to have a song that shared the title of the film.

I heard it's called "Writing No Time To Die Is Another Way to Skyfall" wrapping up all 5 Craig films.

I heard it's actually "Writing No Time To Die Is Another Way to Let the Sky Fall, You Know?", but who knows, my source could be wrong.
    NicNac wrote: »
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?

It's not just you @boldfinger even i am neutral at the moment, it could be good or bad. We will find out soon enough.

That's always true, yes. Same goes for the entire film.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,541
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?

I don't hate any bond song. I admit that i never really liked Writing's of the Wall (mainly due to Smith's voice or maybe lyrics). But I do like the Instrumental of it and lots of female version which are available on YouTube.

One can still find something good in it. Is there anything wrong being neutral at the moment?
    I haven't heard anything of her that i have found interesting, so it's hard for me to be as excited as others.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    My sources tell me that the song is just going to be a sample of Billie Eilish saying "duh" on repeat for four and a half minutes. You read it here first.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

Also just quickly I know this song isn't very Bondian, but I thought I'd try and to a mash up of one of her songs with the title sequence from Skyfall. This song is the one she did for Roma, a good film if anyone hasn't seen it. I do not think this is the sound they're gonna go for, as they're music is very versatile, but I just really like the song :)

I did have to edit the song down the fit it with the sequence. Hopefully you can't tell lol

Fits very well with the image. Strangely hypnotic.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Walecs wrote: »

I heard it's actually "Writing No Time To Die Is Another Way to Let the Sky Fall, You Know?", but who knows, my source could be wrong.

Haha!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    00Agent wrote: »

Fits very well with the image. Strangely hypnotic.
    Thanks mate. One of my favourite songs of hers. Like I said, not very Bondian but fits very well with the visuals which can only bode well for whatever they've actually created in my opinion.
    So you´ve seen them?
    "are gonna fit"

Mhm.
    Do you not agree?

That's not always the case. SF was pretty much universally liked. I haven't heard many people say they hate it even if (like me) they thinks it's a little overrated.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Boldfinger still Auld Soure Grape... ;;) :bz ~:> :(|) :o3
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,261

That one has genius all written over it. But "Spectre" is somewhat missing...
    Boldfinger still Auld Soure Grape... ;;) :bz ~:> :(|) :o3
    What are you talking about?

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    @antovolk Could this be true? That woman is an danish film critic plus working for danish TV2

annlindandersen
    If you want to hear the new Bond song by Billie Eilish you’ll have to watch the Oscar show tonight 😊🙌 #billieeilish #bondsong #jamesbond #notimetodie #oscar #oscarshow #performance #onstage #theoscars2020 #theacademyawards

Contraband wrote: »
    @antovolk Could this be true? That woman is an danish film critic plus working for danish TV2

annlindandersen
    If you want to hear the new Bond song by Billie Eilish you’ll have to watch the Oscar show tonight 😊🙌 #billieeilish #bondsong #jamesbond #notimetodie #oscar #oscarshow #performance #onstage #theoscars2020 #theacademyawards

Yeah I saw that too, very odd, unsure if she's speculating or she's basing it off actual intel. Guess we'll see tonight.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

annlindandersen

Yeah I saw that too, very odd, unsure if she's speculating or she's basing it off actual intel. Guess we'll see tonight.

Ok, thanks. Thinking of writing to her since I speak danish.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Unless she's doing two performances it's not going to happen tonight.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yeah, the Oscars may surprise us with two performances by Billie. Wouldn't that be grand? We shall see (I am not holding my breath, though).

I am looking forward to the song, and music video - just please do not put her or any musicians into the actual opening titles. I just never liked that.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Wonder if she's gonna wear this outfit while singing to that segment

Eilish hints at the end it’s a ballad
    I was hoping for something harder after TWOTW (one of my least favorites), but that doesn’t mean it can’t be great still.
This discussion has been closed.