What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Jorja Smith. Classic voice. British with Jamaican heritage. Perfect for this film.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    I’d like Lana to get the gig.
    Still holding hope for Lady Gaga.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,619
    If EON and Cary Fukunaga have balls, they will just say F it and go with Kully B & Gussy G's already iconic BOOM SHOT DIS:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MUJWbYJESz4
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Sting has been mentioned as a possible contender; he's done some great songs for movies, here are two of my favorites.

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Even though i don't believe the rumors (until comfirmed) i did entertain the idea of Sting doing the song today, and came across this article:
    https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musicnews/sting-reveals-james-bond-inspired-success-1137261.html

Holy f, give the damn song to Sting Right now!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2019 Posts: 12,459
    I'd be really happy if Sting sings the title song. Here's hoping that's true.
  • I’m not sure I believe the Jack Savoretti rumour, but he’s definitely well suited. Weirdly enough, I’m not crazy about the Sting idea.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

I love that he says "Forever and a day" in the lyrics, which is the title of Horowitz's latest Bond novel :D
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm not the biggest fan of Sting, I like the Police though.

Although, there is no denying there are some fine songs in his back cat. Not familiar with Savoretti though.

Though taking a big well known singer and teaming up with a fresh new talent might be a savvy decision

I like the idea of this far more than flavour of the months getting the job.

That being said I think EON sees giving the song to a big massive artist at the moment as key to promoting their film.

I'm just glad that they went with the late Chris Cornell for CR, not something that I can see happening again, it's undoubtedly the best theme of the era and I'd argue the best since Duran Duran's VTAK

Though Cornell was long past his prime in the popularity stakes, his stock in the 90's as part of Soundgarden would have made him a much recognizable name back then than 2006.

It was a surprise a pleasant one when he was announced and him and Arnold knocked it out the park

Jack White's ATWTD although is most divisive was more of the time than Cornell and very much an artist that made noises within the music community and outside, plus teaming him up with Keyes.

Getting a respected talented songwriter with critical acclaim and putting him together with popular R'nb star Keyes.

It's a wonder to think how it didn't work out so successful, although the short amount of time White got plays into that because that aside Jack White has proved time and time again he can produce great song, AWTD just wasn't one of them.

Adele was a no brainer, she was the biggest female star of the time and the public almost demanded it. This spelled the end of the likes of Cornell or White being assigned again.

Smith was nowhere a big an artist that Adele was but again the public and press demanded it so it happened. My detest of the song aside he was very popular so EON going with him made perfect business sense.

Though the curious idea that Radiohead were commissioned before Smith originally and the song Man of War was rejected due to the band playing the song live since the mid - late 90s

Mendes said that he persuaded Barbara and Michael to allow them to do it, unfortunately EON wanting another title song to be Oscar eligible scuppered it.

So with that taken into account maybe there is a chance for an Arctic Monkeys type to still get the job although I think that time is getting less and less likely.

I hope Sting and this Savoretti get it now but I still think that it will be an Adele, Sam Smith type that will deliver the title song if the previous 2 films of taught us anything.

Though possibly having Savoretti with Sting might allow EON to have their cake and eat it.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 17,241
    We're discussing Sting and Savoretti for the title song, but is it a possibility (if the rumours they're making a song is true) that they might be making an end credits song instead?
    At the moment the Gallagher's, Lana Del Rey, Arctic monkeys or Lady Ga Ga are among my top picks; all could produce something stylishly elegant.

With that said, I think Sting could do a fine job. I'm not familiar with Jack Savoretti but based on a handful of his songs that I've listened to, I find him a curious choice for a duet with Sting; while their voices are different, they are similar enough that I don't know why one or the other wouldn't perform it solo.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Don't know if anyone posted this yet but I like this one.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    @Resurrection Agreed. That's pretty good. I also quite like this, it's got some blatant references to Goldfinger but it's pretty good.

Yes @Walecs I watched that a while back

This guy describe perfectly how to make a bond song
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade

This is very professional sounding, yet it feels like a Bond song more fitting the Brosnan era. The pronunciation of the lyrics is also a bit too exacting for my taste. But overall a solid effort, even though it lacks fresh ideas.
    zebrafish wrote: »

This is very professional sounding, yet it feels like a Bond song more fitting the Brosnan era. The pronunciation of the lyrics is also a bit too exacting for my taste. But overall a solid effort, even though it lacks fresh ideas.

It feels like TND song isn't it?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!! JORJA SMITH!!
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Foo Fighters. I'll keep saying it.
    I liked Killing Man

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Yes, that and deep waters is a very good song too. Lyrically very fitting.

Not sure where this photo is from originally but....
    antovolk wrote: »
    Not sure where this photo is from originally but....

!
    Adds some fuel to what Marketto posted the other day if that photo of them together is indeed real and recent.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Adds some fuel to what Marketto posted the other day if that photo of them together is indeed real and recent.

Sure looks recent going by Sting's look. Damn I hope this is true.
    They absolutely would have had a title long before it was officially announced; if they are indeed doing it, they’ve had some time.
    Sting could have written a Bond song a while ago and now its just a question of making the lyrics/title fit for Savoretti. He could have this song in his pocket for years.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I’d prefer a female voice just for balancing the previous Craig songs, but as long as is not Sheeran I’m waiting positively.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The thing is are we dismissing this idea because its Sting?

As he's established and of the old crowd and not likely to appeal to the youngsters?

So maybe that is why Savoretti has been bought in to duet. Sting has written the song but he doesn't have the appeal for today's crowd alone.

From what I understand it Savoretti is quite big and although not brand new he will appeal to a younger crowd.

I presume Jack White bought Keyes on board as she would make the song appeal to a wider crowd than just White's fans. Possibly EON's insistence

This could be a real smart move, you please the old school fans with a real music legend and you snare the masses with a younger pretender.

When I first heard this I was, what hey where did that come from but now I'm actually warming to this, lets make it happen.

If we can't get the Arctic Monkeys and we avoid Sheeran and Dua Lipa scenario then why not, Sting and Jack Savoretti it is.

This could have the real potential to be a great song and also a hit.

This discussion has been closed.