What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I'd like a female voice this time around.
    I would love a more upbeat track in the LALD/YKMN/AVTAK mould please!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »
    Oh my god, those lyrics are terrible!

Bond songs, with few exceptions, have never been known for their wonderful lyrics.

I think Iggy could should do a wonderful Thunderball style ballad for Bond 25.

True. But those are even worse.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    matt_u wrote: »
    I'd like a female voice this time around.

It struck me that, after coming across this effort again, were Paloma Faith to hit upon another tune - and arrangement - that's anything like her take on INXS's Never Tear Us Apart, we could be really in the money.

That said, I doubt there'd be a consensus view among the powers that be on hiring her for the gig, owing to her having next to no footprint in the US - or many parts of the world outside the UK. A shame, perhaps.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
    edited August 2019 Posts: 98
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I would love a more upbeat track in the LALD/YKMN/AVTAK mould please!
    This.

That would be perfect to have an uptempo song, to perfectly close the circle of Daniel Craig's 007 era

I stil would like a DM/Dave Gahan uptempo song

Another band to consider : Royal Blood

• DenbighDenbigh UK
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    Plenty of Bond vibes here:

Even better

but the best one with fab vocals from Moloko lead vocalist - She has to be a Bond voice:

I remember during production of SPECTRE, Mendes confirmed the theme was recorded in January 2015. I wonder if the song has been recorded already?
    For me, it's Lana Del Dey's gig to loose. All the tracks from her latest album are so cool. She has that vampish, old Hollywood glamour about her. she's got a smokey velvety and very cinematic voice.

She has a great YouTube channel that edits together old movies with her music. They took her track "24" and did a Daniel Craig-era video. Which I adore....stick for that final shot:

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    For me, it's Lana Del Dey's gig to loose. All the tracks from her latest album are so cool. She has that vampish, old Hollywood glamour about her. she's got a smokey velvety and very cinematic voice.

She has a great YouTube channel that edits together old movies with her music. They took her track "24" and did a Daniel Craig-era video. Which I adore....stick for that final shot:

While I’m leery of another ballad, if they do go that route, Lana would be ideal; she’s sexy, smart , sultry and seductive. They can’t go wrong with her.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    bondsum wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran claims to have already written a Bond song a few years ago and stuck it in his bottom drawer should he get the opportunity to perform it.

Back in 2005 Tony Christie claimed, he had already written a theme song for CR. And Amy Winehouse also said, she had a song for QOS. But I think that YKMN was the right choice, whereas AWTD was really bad, and whoever would have given the job, would have come up with a better song than the one we got.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,024

I keep checking out videos in this thread and I just can't hear Bond in most of them, so I write it off as me being out of touch and get ready for theme song disappointment. However that one finally has something right about it. Not exactly a ballad, more like a torch song and eerie with it.

I tried this one out. Nice educational video too.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I want Jorja Smith or Sam Fender. Jorja could deliver a classic female-led vocal track, and Sam could give us a great rock track. Sam is great, and for those who wanted Amy Winehouse, Jorja is the next best thing. Plus she has British and Jamaican heritage which would fit perfectly with the film.

• KopperudKopperud Norway
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7
    In line with Bond being filmed and (maybe) taken place in Norway, I would’ve loved to see Sigrid do the theme. A rising star in the industry in Europe, and especially in the UK. Winning BBC’s Sound of 2018 award. (Adele and Sam Smith won in 2008 and 2014 respectively)

She does a lot of up-beat and light-hearted songs, but just listen to her cover of “Everybody knows” that she did for “Justice League”. I can easily see arty silhouettes and Craig aiming his PPK with this one.

I recommend checking out more of her songs. She did Graham Norton show last year:
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Why not bring back Jack White and Alicia Keys and lets remix it and call it "No Time to Die"

"It's just no time to die!"

On a more serious vein I would like to see Rita Ora do one! I think she has the pipes to pull it off!

Finally, I would love to see Michael Buble do one. As a fellow Canuck it would be cool to see this!

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    "No Woman, No Die" could take on a Jamaican vibe. I think suggested before.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Caro Emerald
    Sophie Ellis Bextor
    Bryan Ferry
    Dido
    Alloe Blacc
    Bat For Lashes
  • I think Arctic Monkeys are the perfect choice really. They have the big, mainstream appeal that they seem to like for the theme songs nowadays but they'd still come up with something edgy and different.

Based off the last two songs I think Sheeran is a depressingly plausible choice. I didn't hate SF or TWOTW but they were both pretty safe efforts imo. I want another YKMN. Something with more of an edge to it.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Given that we now know the title I'd say it's got to be a female lead ballad or a rock song by a strong male voice. That's if the title of the song reflects the title of the movie

My pick would be Jorja Smith for any female ballad, her voice has a great presence that go well with the cinematic scope of the film. Plus her voice has a feel that would suit any theme about running out of time, if that's to be anything to do with the story of the movie

My only other pick would be the Artic Monkeys, they're brilliant and they could really knock a rock song out the park. Anything like Do I Wanna Know or Knee Socks from AM would be amazing, Do I Wanna Know especially. The only thing they'd have to change is to make their song writing slightly less personal, more global and more cinematic. I think they're talented enough to do that though
    If not Arctic Monkeys, I wouldn't mind seeing Alex Turner's side project with Miles Kane, The Last Shadow Puppets getting the gig:

Alternatively, why not just blow away the ballad cobwebs with The Hives!

• DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Very specifically, I'd like The Killers to sing a song written by Jim Steinman and produced by Rick Rubin.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Very specifically, I'd like The Killers to sing a song written by Jim Steinman and produced by Rick Rubin.
    You know? I'm okay with this.
This discussion has been closed.