What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just heading back here. So there are no clear front runners, right? No strong rumors at the moment? I cannot think of anybody actually lined up as possibility. EON usually goes with current or near current hot popular singer.

Is Tom Jones popularity enough again to get him another shot at a Bond title song? ;) How I'd love that!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This film needs a testosterone fueled title song.
  • Lana del Rey.

Yes!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I pretty much resigned to the fact I'm not going to be a fan of whoever it is.

Personally the chance for Arctic Monkey's to do the theme is perfect now but if they leave it any longer the chances are it will become less and less likely.

I'm just bothered about the film delivering, the last film was at one point before Smith was handed the job was going to get what I think would have been one of the best Bond themes of this century in the shape of Radiohead's Man of War but that is water under the bridge and I'm glad it wasn't attached to SPECTRE.

So I'll accept a mediocre even dreadful (to my ears) theme if Bond 25 is an utter cracker, that is the most important, another theme as good as YKMN is just window dressing, just get the film right and the score and the theme can be forgettable and divisive as the last one for all I care now.

@Shardlake what is a utter cracker?
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Personally the chance for Arctic Monkey's to do the theme is perfect now but if they leave it any longer the chances are it will become less and less likely.

I'm just bothered about the film delivering, the last film was at one point before Smith was handed the job was going to get what I think would have been one of the best Bond themes of this century in the shape of Radiohead's Man of War but that is water under the bridge and I'm glad it wasn't attached to SPECTRE.

So I'll accept a mediocre even dreadful (to my ears) theme if Bond 25 is an utter cracker, that is the most important, another theme as good as YKMN is just window dressing, just get the film right and the score and the theme can be forgettable and divisive as the last one for all I care now.

It’s the way he tells them.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    I'll stick with my original choice of Paloma Faith.

She's got a great voice. Wouldn't mind her for the Bond 25 tune at all.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    vzok wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

It’s the way he tells them.

@007Blofeld means great, outstanding, hope Bond 25 is an utter cracker.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

I concur. She's got a big enough voice for Bond and could come up with something really good I am sure.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 17,279

I concur. She's got a big enough voice for Bond and could come up with something really good I am sure.

Indeed. She would fit nicely for a big brassy tune, where she can belt out the lyrics the way Shirley Bassey and Tom Jones did. It would make a nice contrast to "Writing's on the Wall".

• thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I think this would be a bold choice!

thedove wrote: »

A better theme song than Madonna's Die Another Day for sure.
    I think that "Weird Al" Yankovic video demonstrates just how easy it is for a Bond song to fall into pastiche, which is why I have a concern that some of these personal choices are a bit too conservative to deliver a proper progressive sound. That's not to say that I think Dua Lipa will deliver anything remotely groundbreaking, if she is indeed the final choice. I'm still hoping it'll be someone amazing and not an artist prone to inserting the "millennial whoop" in her songs.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    bondsum wrote: »
    I think that "Weird Al" Yankovic video demonstrates just how easy it is for a Bond song to fall into pastiche, which is why I have a concern that some of these personal choices are a bit too conservative to deliver a proper progressive sound. That's not to say that I think Dua Lipa will deliver anything remotely groundbreaking, if she is indeed the final choice. I'm still hoping it'll be someone amazing and not an artist prone to inserting the "millennial whoop" in her songs.

+1

A better theme song than Madonna's Die Another Day for sure.

:) Or even TND from Sheryl Crow...who I love just not a fan of that song.
    Sorry @Thunderfinger it appears the video isn't playable. Who had you selected?
    Sorry @Thunderfinger it appears the video isn't playable. Who had you selected?

That s strange. Skinny Puppy. Never gonna happen, though.
    George Ezra might be another good choice and he fits the success rate of the two most recent Bond singers: Adele and Sam Smith. Ezra's second album, Staying at Tamara's, was the UK's best selling artist album of the year 2018. Here's his No. 1 hit single 'Shotgun':

Paloma Faith says that she thinks she was born to do a Bond song...

Zorin61 wrote: »

I think so too. See my comments above.

I'd love her to do the next Bond song..

I'd love her to do the next Bond song..

Me too. I've long said that she's a natural fit for a Bond song. She has the necessary gravitas to deliver something great.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

I would love Paloma Faith, she's got a really powerful, recognisable voice and she has her own style. Love her

I think my dream choice would be the Arctic Monkeys, they have such a great style. A great fit for Bond
    Would have no objection to Paloma Faith for a Bond song. She certainly has the power to deliver a powerful number!
    Eon have a hit a bit of a winning formula with the Sam Mendes films from a commercial perspctive. It appears the following the credentials prove a formidable combination:
    • Young and British;
    • Someone with a prominent commercial standing on an international stage; and
    • You need to do able to do a big theatrical ballad

I'm not sure who fits that bill today.....Dua Lipa does more electro-pop , but ticks at least two of those boxes.

The Arctic Monkeys aren't all that young in the music industry. Though their style is very suited. But they are not known for their big theatrical ballads.

Which pretty much leaves us with the Americans.....the obvious choice would be Beyonce. The truth is that she'd almost 100% do it as she'd almost guaranteed an Oscar. The Academy would bend over backwards to give her the Oscar. Though, apparently she has a new song in The Lion King remake. So she could already be satisfied with that........

Personally, I want Lana Del Rey. Her smokey, old-school, washed up Hollywood vocals are intoxicating. This song makes me want to get cigarette and whiskey and sit melancholic straying out of a window

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

This discussion has been closed.