What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• Agent7777Agent7777 England
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I would love a more upbeat track in the LALD/YKMN/AVTAK mould please!
    This.

That would be perfect to have an uptempo song, to perfectly close the circle of Daniel Craig's 007 era

I stil would like a DM/Dave Gahan uptempo song

Another band to consider : Royal Blood

With you on this one. I'm a big fan of Royal Blood and would love them to do the title song on NTTD

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,972
    This may be the perfect time for Lana; the film’s title, No Time To Die, is custom made for her.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2019-08-29/lana-del-rey-norman-rockwell-album-review
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,869

talos7 wrote: »
    This may be the perfect time for Lana; the film’s title, No Time To Die, is custom made for her.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2019-08-29/lana-del-rey-norman-rockwell-album-review

PERFECT

This has to happen. The new album is fantastic - her voice has that perfect smokey, old Hollywood feel of sunkissed nights. She has that velvety theatricality needed for Bond.

As you say, NTTD is a a perfect title for a LDR song.

lana-del-rey-doin-time.png
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    With this song, the Foo Fighters prove they have the chops (saw them last weekend aswell. Awesome!)

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Denbigh wrote: »

Wow. Thanks for the link. What a wonderful voice this young fellar, Sam Fender, has.

You know, I find that so pivotal. Just a plain good singer. Someone who isn't afraid of belting. No grunging, no weird falcetto's. Just a plain. classic. good. singer. And if you pack it in a nice rockband setting, it has a lot of similarities with A-Ha and Duran Duran.

Hopefully Cary Fukunaga will be the one having the final say in the theme song performer. And Fukunaga is known for the films of he liked as a kid, like AVTAK. So I wouldn't mind a good throwback to the 1980's.

However, if you prefer a throwback to the 1960's, I am still very much in love with Jonathan Jeremiah's smokey low Tom Jones-esque vocals. Here's a playlist I recently made:
    CShsKcC.png
    7smzFfa.png
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,972

Wow. Thanks for the link. What a wonderful voice this young fellar, Sam Fender, has.

You know, I find that so pivotal. Just a plain good singer. Someone who isn't afraid of belting. No grunging, no weird falcetto's. Just a plain. classic. good. singer. And if you pack it in a nice rockband setting, it has a lot of similarities with A-Ha and Duran Duran.

Hopefully Cary Fukunaga will be the one having the final say in the theme song performer. And Fukunaga is known for the films of he liked as a kid, like AVTAK. So I wouldn't mind a good throwback to the 1980's.
    You’ve been gone a while, here’s one of my top choice. I think he could do something that captures that 80’s bravado.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Italian media today 31 aug:

Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli will sign the soundtrack of the film "No time to die" with James Bond

Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli will sign the soundtrack of the film "No time to die" with James Bond, entrusted to Lotus Production. Filming started last week in the city of Matera and will continue until September 17th, but rumors are also on the soundtrack. Abandoned the idea Dua Lipa the British Lotus has decided to focus on the house artist Ed Sheeran but since the film also turns in Italy has seen fit to combine the king of world pop also a star of the world firmament "Made in Italy "As far as opera music is concerned, Andrea Bocelli. A winning choice since Ed Sheeran and Andrea Bocelli have already signed a great artistic collaboration. The videoclip will be filmed in Matera and on the wild beach of Marina di Pisticci, where an inspection has already taken place with the presence of producer Barbara Broccoli and the artist Ed Sheeran.

On 26 September 2017, the king of world pop Ed Sheeran has in fact published a special version of "Perfect" engraved together with Andrea Bocelli, who interprets a text in Italian, alongside that already present in English. The disc, renamed "Perfect Symphony" immediately became viral on Youtube with over 205 million views.

Sassi

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I wouldn't believe any of that @Contraband...

...seems like the Italian media really want a music video to be filmed their :D

I don't know at all, just reporting..

But Sassi live news has been accurate so far with everything else. Our main italian source this past week.

(I should stick to the filming thread)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Contraband wrote: »

But Sassi live news has been accurate so far with everything else. Our main italian source this past week.

True, they were 100% right about the new James Bond movie "The Mater Spy"
    Walecs wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

True, they were 100% right about the new James Bond movie "The Mater Spy"

Don't care about the name-thing. Meant the info regarding filming, locations, upcoming shoot, info from the city council, etc.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 5,767
    I could easily imagine a title sequence with that music.

Agent7777 wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I would love a more upbeat track in the LALD/YKMN/AVTAK mould please!
    This.

That would be perfect to have an uptempo song, to perfectly close the circle of Daniel Craig's 007 era

I stil would like a DM/Dave Gahan uptempo song

Another band to consider : Royal Blood

With you on this one. I'm a big fan of Royal Blood and would love them to do the title song on NTTD

Royal Blood sound like they could be a good blend of Jack White and Duran Duran. Not bad at all.

• DenbighDenbigh UK

• Noel Gallagher or Liam Gallagher would do me.

Noel would give us something more like LALD, whereas Liam's vocals would give us a rockier Chris Cornell YKMN type number.

Either would do.
    Noel Gallagher or Liam Gallagher would do me.

Noel would give us something more like LALD, whereas Liam's vocals would give us a rockier Chris Cornell YKMN type number.

Either would do.

Yep. My choices as well.
    Nah. Arctic Monkeys or Royal Blood. Or AC/DC, it´s not without reason they´re preparing a new album now ;-).
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I'd really like to see The Weeknd get a shot at this.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Twitter notice posted in the Filming Thread by @BondAficionado.

I see it's already on YouTube as well. Proposed teaser of the theme, with the promise of a 15 September release. Good sounds.

40 Shillings, "No Time To Die" teaser

I see it's already on YouTube as well. Proposed teaser of the theme, with the promise of a 15 September release. Good sounds.

Reminded me of Randall and Hopkirk music.
    @
    Univex wrote: »

Either would do.

Yep. My choices as well.

If they could only bury the hatchets , other than in each other's backs, this would be an epic opportunity for a Bond theme from a reunited Oasis.
  • RC7RC7

Nothing to do with Bond.
    talos7 wrote: »
    @
    Univex wrote: »

Either would do.

Yep. My choices as well.

If they could only bury the hatchets , other than in each other's backs, this would be an epic opportunity for a Bond theme from a reunited Oasis.

How epic would that be?
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 5,767
    RC7 wrote: »

Nothing to do with Bond.
    Then I wonder why they haven´t been sued by now or buried at the bottom of the Thames, given that they use the original logo? And who would have commissioned them a year ago?

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Either they will be sued soon or their band is so small that EON knows they'd spend more than they'd get out of it. If anything they may be required to make a brand new logo if they want to sell their song on iTunes or Amazon. As long as it's going to stay on YouTube it will be no different than any Bond fan song out there which uses official trademarked logos etc.

Still, there's no way they were asked A YEAR AGO to come out with a song titled after a movie whose title was only decided last month. Had that been commissioned a year ago the song would be titled A reason to die or something else.

Moreover, if it was official there's no way EON would let them release it now, even before a teaser trailer was shown. Skyfall was dropped online on the James Bond day (20 days before release) and WOTW was released on the 25th of September, (one month before SPECTRE's release).
    Ed Sheeran? That would really PISS ME OFF if he did the Bond tune.

I'm hoping for Foo Fighters. I read somewhere that Daniel Craig like to listen to them when he works out. He's obviously a fan, so maybe he could have a word in someone's ear.

I could name you about five Foo songs off the top of my head that could prove to you they'd tear it a new one.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No one else going to show any love for Foo Fighters?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    This time the singer will have a female voice, I believe.
This discussion has been closed.