Sam Mendes to direct Bond 24?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The other way to look at it is, how likely is someone to sign on now for a release next yeat? We have only months left and it's slipping away every day.

If not, Baz seems to think Bond 25 will follow soon after but we've heard that before.

I'll keeping telling myself 2015 and 2018, so anything else is a bonus.
    Like someone said - Forster was announced in July.
    19th June.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_22_director_announced.php3

Maybe Nolan is just being talked to for Bond 25 in case they go elsewhere for the next one as well?
    If Bond 25 isn't out until 2018 then I think that'll be Craig's last Bond.
    Whichever way you slice it, I think we'll get six total but the fact that years are being wasted for films would annoy you, I and everyone else. As if it just keeps getting worse. That's a worst case scenario, mind and I'm sure a director announcement is right around the corner. :)
    If Bond 25 isn't out until 2018 then I think that'll be Craig's last Bond.

I have no doubt, it will be his last anyway, never mind how fast they get them out. 5 is a good number.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I read that if the Nolan thing is true, it's possible that the next one would be out after he finishes 'Interstellar,' putting 'Bond 24' out around 2016. Why have another four-year gap if Craig still has another film to do after that?
    What it is with this 2016 thing? It'll be 2015 at the latest. There is no way it will take longer than three years to do.

A more realistic view would be someone else directs Bond 24 for next year, then Nolan for Bond 25 in 2016.
    @Samuel001, that's what I'm thinking, though. If 'Interstellar' releases in November of next year, why would it take another two years for 'Bond 24' to release if Nolan was attached? I didn't get that time stretch in the article.
    It wouldn't. Who's been writing this? From where has it come from? No Baz, our original source.
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 2,782
    Germanlady wrote:
    I really hope they don't push back the release date just for the sake of Nolan directing.

I do believe, they first and foremost want to get going. As soon as possible with the best director they can get within the time frame.

Of course you always add MORE prose that means nothing. Do u write for politicians?
    Baz I believe said something about bond 25 coming out relatively soon after bond 24 so perhaps Nolan is being approached for that ?

I do think wether it's Nolan or whoever for bond 24 it will be announced this summer
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Although they quote him Baz himself didn't release this so how do we know they are talking about Bond 24? Since Nolan is doing Interstellar there is no way we would get the film by next year or even 2015. That is not an acceptable time frame because studio and producers will want to ride on SF success. Moreover, if time was no problem, they would have gone with Mendes in the first place meaning that they want to get B24 out as soon as they can.

My opinion? I think Baz might have heard something, but whoever heard the story from him didn't get the big picture (no pun intended). Perhaps Nolan was asked to direct B24, perhaps he's negotiating B25 so that he has his usual extended time to work on the picture. Either way I don't think: a) Nolan would quit Interstellar to work on B24 (unless he's much more of a fanboy than we thought); b) Producers+Studio would not accept a 4 year hiatus until the next Bond.

By the way, does anyone know if Baz has a twitter account?
    @Samuel001, Coming Soon posted what I wrote out. No need to seem bitter, I'm only posting what they're telling. I figure the more we hear, the better, no matter how ludicrous. Makes it easier to weasel out possible facts from absurd lies.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Samuel001, Coming Soon posted what I wrote out. No need to seem bitter, I'm only posting what they're telling. I figure the more we hear, the better, no matter how ludicrous. Makes it easier to weasel out possible facts from absurd lies.

I agree @Creasy47. If nothing else this at least shows that the wheels are turning in the backstage.
    @Sandy, absolutely. Hearing something is better than nothing. I just know I'm torn because I want the next one sooner rather than later, but I also want it to be an excellent product, so I suppose I would go with the latter when the time comes.
    that's right Roger Mithcell was in talks July 2006 back when May 2008 was the release date for Quantum of solace Mitchell bailed the date was set back to November 2008 and Forester was announced June 19th which is over a month away so we still have time.
    Creasy47 wrote:

It's just speculation from Coming Soon then and it seems they, like everyone, want to get into a panic over not a lot. It doesn't really add anything useful to what we already know. Others are writing worse I presume!

I'm more interested in what else has been going on recently. No doubt some probable candidates for the next film have been or are also being taked too. How long until we learn their names I wonder?...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I just find it unacceptable that EoN are struggling this hard to find a director to helm a 2014 release. Like a few others have said, hopefully we'll all be dancing by July latest at the announcement of a director and if we hear nothing then, that'll suck a bunch of big fat ones.
    Out of curiosity ego if the announcement was say a decent action director like Gilroy or MorRel would you really be dancing?
  • tqbtqb
    They should wait to use Nolan to introduce the next Bond after Craig.
  • tqb wrote:
    They should wait to use Nolan to introduce the next Bond after Craig.

Starting with a Christopher Nolan film would be quite the tough act to follow. But still, it would be a great debut.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Risico007 wrote:
    Out of curiosity ego if the announcement was say a decent action director like Gilroy or MorRel would you really be dancing?

I'm not too sure. I think i'd prefer Morel over Gilroy but to be honest, at this point I just want a confirmation of a competent director at least.
    Personally I think there's a lot more to this story then people are giving it credit for. Firstly, its likely the prods have met a number of directors already and what's clear from the reports is that Nolan is the man they have their eye on and they are clearly actively courting him now. Nolan likely met with the prods as a courtesy, and now for whatever reason (whether it be Logan's script or the mere oputurniuty to make 'his' Bond film) Nolan is more than interested. He's clearly serious about making the movie.

Also, this is clearly for Bond 24 not 25. The prods work on a movie-by-movie basis. All there attention is currently on 24.

The fact Baz had the confidence to report this is encouraging, the man rarely put his neck on the line for something spurious.
    Those in doubt of Baz's credentials, look here at 12mins, he's clearly in with the right people:

Also he seems to be a friends with DDL, dont know if that adds anything but still pretty interesting when considering his standing in the media world:
    How do you close your own discussion?
    007Skyfall wrote:
    How do you close your own discussion?

You aren't able to. The ability to delete one's own posts should be added soon but don't worry, the mods will deal with it.
    I've heard that before but now Nolan must feel there is something he could give to Bond. Somewhere along the way, he's had a change of heart.
    I must say that I'm warming to the idea. I don't know if its just because I'm getting impatient with the lack of director or not, but Nolan would certainly seem to be a good choice.

Whatever the choice, I think Deakins' cinematography will do B24 wonders. There were several moments in Skyfall where I had goosebumps simply by how amazing it all looked.
    @AgentJM7, you and I both, in terms of the cinematography. It was absolutely amazing. Even if you hated Bond and the films he accompanies, it would be hard to deny that the film has some truly impressive shots in it.