The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

He could turn it down and then make an awesome Bond movie called "The spy who declined" with Danny Boyle directing and David Bowie singing the Bond song. Teamwork by like-minded :D
    Who cares if he turns down a knighthood or not anyway? He's an actor and I'm only interested in seeing him do that as I think most of us are.

Then why are you interested in answering here then? This is the DC tread, so in here, we should be allowed to exchange opinions about news or whatever. No?

RC7 wrote:
    He's been to dinner with her. He certainly wouldn't turn down a knighthood. He's softening in his old age.

I doubt, he will ever be old enough to appreciate this sort of thing. B-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are the tenth richest couple, worth £40 million.

Roger Moore and his wife are in ninth with £50 million.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-04-13/the-apprentice-creator-mark-burnett-tops-list-of-britains-richest-movie-couples
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are the tenth richest couple, worth £40 million.

Roger Moore and his wife are in ninth with £50 million.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-04-13/the-apprentice-creator-mark-burnett-tops-list-of-britains-richest-movie-couples

I think that be changing now with his next two Bond films seen as Skyfall was such a big success. He's certainly be in the double figures of movie actors pay.

Just to show, he is alive. ;)
    There has been the odd pap pic over the last months, but all in all, he pretty much went into hiding away. So Daniel, instead of riding on the success of SF.

http://www.justjared.com/2013/05/10/daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-matching-denim-jackets/?ref=topposts
    Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz give college opportunity to poor kids
    Actors and partners Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz are helping The Opportunity Network, a New York City nonprofit, to put high-achieving, low-income students on the road to the top colleges and successful careers, the organization announced today.
    The actors’ multiyear charitable gift will enable The Opportunity Network to expand its programs and serve more students in need.
    From the press release:
    Craig and Weisz recently have made New York their home and sought out an organization to support as a way to express their commitment to their new community. They are particularly excited to work with an organization that equals the playing field for low-income students, an issue they care about deeply.
    “Some of the brightest, most motivated young people are living in New York City neighborhoods where college seems further away than a foreign country. We want to help give them a passport to a better life,” said Craig.
    The couple chose The Opportunity Network because of the organization’s track record of doing just that. One hundred percent of Opportunity Network students graduate from a competitive college, a compelling fact considering only one in ten low income students complete college at all. Eighty-five percent of the organization’s alumni have begun careers in their chosen fields within six months of college graduation.
    “We are incredibly grateful for Daniel and Rachel’s gift. Not only will it help us get more programs to more kids in need, but it raises awareness of the important work we do, and puts us on the map in a new and bigger way,” said Opportunity Network founder and executive director Jessica Pliska.
    The Opportunity Network works with students for six years, from sophomore year in high school through college graduation. During that time, the organization prepares students for college, introduces them to careers, gets them five summers of paid internships, trains them in professional etiquette and teaches them how to build networks.
    “I wouldn’t be going to Bowdoin College this fall if it weren’t for The Opportunity Network,” said Mariely Garcia, a high school senior who lives in a Harlem housing project. Mariely, whose mother works as a babysitter to support her four children, will be the first in her family to attend college. “OppNet changed my life, and it’s pretty cool to know we have James Bond on our side now.”
    About the Opportunity Network The Opportunity Network (OppNet) equals the playing field for high-achieving, low-income high school and college students by creating access for them to career opportunities, professional networks and college. Opportunity Network students attend competitive four-year colleges and universities across the country, and intern at leading organizations, like Deloitte, HBO, Morgan Stanley, Brooks Brothers, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, American Museum of Natural History, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and Tommy Hilfiger. In addition to a college degree, students leave the program with five summers of internships, a mastery of professional etiquette and a network of influential executives across industries.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/news/article_1715985.php/Daniel-Craig-and-Rachel-Weisz-give-college-opportunity-to-poor-kids
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, hats off to Daniel and Rachel. That is quite a generous gesture and a very honorable deed! =D>
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2013 Posts: 12,459
    This is outstanding. It seems that they took the time to find an organization that means something special to them. They are helping kids get to college, and not in a one time only gesture. I had never heard of The Opportunity Network. Their record is impressive and look at the time involved: they work with the children to help prepare them to achieve in college, starting in high school; a 6 year process. I am definitely impressed. And I love the quote from the student: "... and it's pretty cool to know we have James Bond on our side now." That is cool, in the very best sense. Much respect to Rachel and Daniel.
    A righteous choice. Mange takk, Mr. Craig and Ms. Weisz.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Very nice thing to do, thanks for sharing the news @Germanlady. It reminds me of that adage "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".
    His first role and there are links to Genghis Cohn on the right, which is, in itsself, an interesting film

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wow! Daniel Looked old enough to be Bond in the early 90's! So...He would have been 25 when that aired.
    I think, he look like a puppy. ;)
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 6,601
    BETRAYAL to Go On Sale for AMEX Cardholders on 6/26, General Public on 7/12

http://broadwayworld.com/article/BETRAYAL-with-Daniel-Craig-Rachel-Weisz-to-Go-On-Sale-712-20130619

James Murphy Writing Music for Broadway Show Starring Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz

http://pitchfork.com/news/51228-james-murphy-writing-music-for-broadway-show-starring-daniel-craig-and-rachel-weisz/

See Exclusive Photos of Rachel Weisz and Daniel Craig Rehearsing for Their New Broadway Show

a_560x375_zpseefb1ad3.jpg

a_560x3751_zpsc1efbd7b.jpg[/quote]
  • http://comicsalliance.com/christian-ward-art/

Daniel Craig as you've never seen him before. I think it's an improvement.

edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    How cool is that?! I love it. Really nice photos. Nice to get a win as well.

I wonder if anyone asked him the question? ;)
    Samuel001 wrote:
    How cool is that?! I love it. Really nice photos. Nice to get a win as well.

I wonder if anyone asked him the question? ;)

Not from the tweets. I doubt it. He floaded the room with Champagne for celebration though.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Nice! Thanks for sharing @Germanlady. He's looking great in the photos.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Great to see Dan in good spirits and enjoying himself, and congratulations to the Australians Lions on their victory.
    Australia didn't win!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Australia didn't win!

How in Fleming's name did I read that wrong? Scratch that, and congratulations to the Lions!
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Craig would be spraying more on the winners in the dressing room than champagne if that were the case. ;)
  • 00Hero00Hero Banned
    Do you mean what I think @Samuel.
    DC interviewing Thom Yorke for INTERVVIEW magazine. Interesting...
    http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/thom-yorke/#page6
    I assume in January Craig will move on to working on Bond 24 for filming as soon as possible? He has nothing else planned?
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I assume in January Craig will move on to working on Bond 24 for filming as soon as possible? He has nothing else planned?

No wouldn't they have just started filming it today.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

What the hell does that mean?
    Do you have any idea how films are made?
    If you make posts like this, you cannot wonder why the moderating team get annoyed with you. Or members who put more than a little thought into their posts.

• hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    edited July 2013 Posts: 496
    Benny wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

What the hell does that mean?
    Do you have any idea how films are made?
    If you make posts like this, you cannot wonder why the moderating team get annoyed with you. Or members who put more than a little thought into their posts.
    I meant casting before today.