The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    doubleoego wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Bond with the Pope could be Photo of the Year!!!

Yep. The world's most famous sexual deviant sharing a selfie with the holy Pontif haha!

Thought I was going to read "the world's most famous sexual deviant sharing a selfie with the current James Bond actor" for a second there >:)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Oh no you di'int! [-X :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Bond with the Pope could be Photo of the Year!!!

Yep. The world's most famous sexual deviant sharing a selfie with James Bond haha!

Fixed it for you.
    Wow!!!
    Queen for Skyfall?!!!!
    The Pope for Spectre?!!!!!!
    Who next for Bond 25?!!!!! :))
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/29/danny-boyle-talks-trainspotting-sequel-t2-outs-queen-elizabeth-ii-as-huge-daniel-craig-groupie.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Feed:+thedailybeast/articles+(The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles)

Danny Boyle Talks ‘Trainspotting’ Sequel ‘T2,’ Outs Queen Elizabeth II As Huge Daniel Craig Groupie

Seems true, he and Rachel were at a private dinner with Helena Bonham-Carter, Tim Robbins and politicians a while ago.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Germanlady wrote: »
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/29/danny-boyle-talks-trainspotting-sequel-t2-outs-queen-elizabeth-ii-as-huge-daniel-craig-groupie.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Feed:+thedailybeast/articles+(The+Daily+Beast+-+Latest+Articles)

Danny Boyle Talks ‘Trainspotting’ Sequel ‘T2,’ Outs Queen Elizabeth II As Huge Daniel Craig Groupie

Seems true, he and Rachel were at a private dinner with Helena Bonham-Carter, Tim Robbins and politicians a while ago.

:)) Thanks for posting this @Germanlady!

I love this part:
    “While we were doing it, I was thinking, ‘Well, why did she agree to do this?’ We sent the idea in to them and we were already planning what we’d do instead because we thought she’d never agree. And they agreed!” exclaimed Boyle.

“And you immediately stop and think, ‘Why?’ The Queen doesn’t need anything, and doesn’t need anything to do with PR,” he continued. “But you know what? The Queen wanted pictures with Daniel Craig! I kid you not. She wanted pictures with him. They were insistent that they all get pictures with Daniel Craig so, on their royal Facebook or whatever, they could post the pictures of her and her staff. And it wasn’t just her. She wanted her staff, who’d been there for years, to have pictures with Daniel. They were acting like regular people, and it’s fun to say, ‘There I am with James Bond!’”
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, great post @Germanlady :)
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    bondjames wrote: »
    Bernie Sanders sort of fits with DC's world view. He's one of the more honest politicians out there, who tells it like it is, rather than someone who always plays to the polls. Sort of a liberal and opposite version of Trump, a bit like Elizabeth Warren in a way.

The article comments on the Super PAC being a little shady and perhaps not using the money for the advertised purposes, which is concerning. The fact that Sanders' campaign itself is asking for it to cease activities is also interesting.

Super PACs are a disgrace, but sadly were legitimized by a Supreme Court decision.

I suppose you are American, not sure though.

I tell you something about Swiss financing of political parties.
    We have zero transparency and zero law or regulation.

We have millionaires that finance one political party (Conservatives) in Switzerland with as much money as they want (I'm talking millions) without the public's knowledge or financing some election campaign or political campaign with as much money as they want and we (the Swiss) would not even know about it. We only know that one party has squllions of money for their campaigns and no wonder they always win the elections and votes.
    So I guess there are worse things than Super PACs.
    Of course in Switzerland no single person or party can rise to so much power as a US president or Senator but anyway.
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Daniel at the UN today.

CPwIjeTWgAAJ49y_zpsxnkfc6bq.jpg

CPwHeH0XAAAQ_ZR_zps7j15hkwf.jpg

CPwHat0UEAA2oRG_zpsnovoabom.jpg

CPwG9abW8AAqhny_zpsdhvw7ynr.jpg

That Cardinal Dolan of New York City not the Pope LOL =))
    I suppose, Roque didn't mean there were in the same pic, just in the same room. That's something, too :D
    It would have been fun to see the Pope pushing people out of the way
    to Meet "James Bond ! " :))
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Is it just me or does Daniel Craig look leaner and less muscular than he did in previous Bond films?

a6hYvlk.jpg

Spectre-29.jpg
    You could be right, he did bulk up for CR, but I think he looks fast better with out
    The weight. He looks much better and closer to Bond, who was pretty slim in the
    Books.
    It should be easier to get in to those tight Tom Ford suits too. :D
  • tqbtqb
    He looks like his QOS size.
    He was big in CR.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That was in 1981. Of course he was leaner, he was 13.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Is it just me or does Daniel Craig look leaner and less muscular than he did in previous Bond films?

a6hYvlk.jpg

Spectre-29.jpg

I think it was deliberate I reckon after Spectre he will soon go in to filming The Girl Who Played with fire as Mikael Blomkvist . I believe Dan also shrunk his frame to play Blomkvist the first time around as his character is un macho. I know Fincher has been waiting a long time for Dan to be free to get it in to production.
    Ah yes ! James Bond: The school years. :)
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    That was in 1981. Of course he was leaner, he was 13.

:D
    Yes, he definitely was. There he is, behind Roger Moore. They dyed his hair for this scene.

Light%2BBrown%2BSuit.png

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    No, that is Daniel Craig, he's so good of an actor, he became roger Moore
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Actually that is Pierce Brosnan impersonating Daniel Craig become Roger Moore, he's that good an actor!!
    There's danger of a time loop paradox starting here. :D
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    He was too muscular in CR, he looks amazing at the moment, in perfect shape /:)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,554
    Sandy wrote: »

@Sandy: There's such a thing as "too muscular"?

Agreed.
    TripAces wrote: »

Yes.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Tuulia wrote: »

Agreed.

Yes.

I wish I'd known this when I was younger. :-O
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,756
    According to IMDB and Craig Spectre WONT be his last Bond film.
    I think he is contracted to do Bond 25.
    Tuulia wrote: »

Agreed.

Yes.

I don't think Craig was too muscular in CR. But he looked better in QoS. Think a man should be muscular but lean, enough to fill the sleeves of your shirt and have a skinny face :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @dominicgreene, while I'm sure he is going to return for Bond 25, IMDB is never a reliable source for any sort of casting/release date information.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @dominicgreene, while I'm sure he is going to return for Bond 25, IMDB is never a reliable source for any sort of casting/release date information.

Perhaps. I just mentioned it because the Facebook page posted that specifically, but you need a membership to actually see the story. Just thought I'd share :)
    Quite interesting comments about being DC. One of the many interviews that we're going to see now:

http://dujour.com

f7a955bbd0a8.jpg

22b955bbd0a5.jpg

44ce55bbd09f.jpg

b89c55bbd0a2.jpg
    Male Bonding with Daniel Craig

The actor has spent nearly a decade portraying the world’s most famous spy, but there’s a very complicated relationship between James Bond and the movie star who plays him

Martin McDonagh: I’m assuming you don’t care who plays Bond next…

Daniel Craig: No!

MD: But do you like playing him?

DC: When I first started, they offered me a blank page, really, and what that means is I was allowed to add my own bits. I wanted there to be gags, and I wanted there to be funny bits, but I wanted them to come from a fresh place.

MD: Do you get nervous doing the stunts?

DC: You always get nervous a bit. There was this part where I’d fucked up my knee halfway through shooting, which curtailed a lot of the serious action stuff. I’m so fucking gung ho about wanting to do every stunt I can, I had to ask, “What can I do, and what can’t I do?”

MD: How involved do you get in the scripts?

DC: As much as I possibly can without treading on toes, although you have to offend some people sometimes to move on. I wanted desperately for Sam Mendes to do this movie, but at the time he had other commitments. I said he’s got to do it. We started something with him on the last movie, the beginning of a relationship with a director I haven’t had in a long time. Then there was that added pressure because the last movie was huge and everyone’s asking, “What are you going to do now?” We’ve got to make a better movie, that’s what we’re going to do!

MD: Does that involve making it a bigger money-making movie?

DC: Not for me. The idea that we’re going to make a lot of money from these, even now, is a strange one. That’s not how I started out. If they got into a cinema, “Yay! Success!”

MD: And you probably can’t put your finger on why the last one made so much more than the previous ones.

DC: Hollywood would disagree, wouldn’t they? They’d say going big is how you make lots of money, but I think, How many times have you watched that fail?

MD: When you start a Bond movie, do you know where you’re going to on day one: Thailand, Morocco, wherever?

DC: Not definitely, no. On this one Mexico City opened up and offered to let us film there.

MD: What’s Mexico City like?

DC: It ended up being one of my favorite cities I’ve ever been to, but you can get into an awful lot of trouble there.

MD: Tequila?

DC: Anything you fucking want!

MD: Let’s go now! Talking of which, in terms of bars and such, can you still do all that these days?

DC: Bars are hard, but that’s more because of mobile phones. I’ll do autographs all day long, and I’ll even do a picture at the end of an evening. But if I’m being photographed all night long in a bar, that pisses me off. If you ask, I may say yes, but come up to me and say, “Would you like to take a photograph with me?” If you’re fucking sneaking photographs of me … it’s human nature, you’re sneaking something! I’m being fucked with! But people don’t see it as a problem. Maybe I’m delusional.

MD: I don’t even have a phone. I don’t want to get into all that Twitter bullshit either.

DC: What, and get abused? I have no idea. I don’t go on the Internet.

MD: Obviously you were famous before the Bond thing, but is it the mobile phone stuff that’s changed everything?

DC: There were phones back then, but nobody used the cameras. Or there was a rule, if someone did it, you’d be like, “What the fuck are you doing?!” My wife [Rachel Weisz] is the best in the world at all that, she’ll just turn to them and go, “No, thank you very much,” and they’re like, “OK.”

MD: Is it irritating, those things you can’t do anymore?

DC: I mourn it slightly. I like to have a drink, and I love pubs and I love finding new pubs and places to socialize. But that has a limit on it now.

MD: Do you feel like you’ve lost out being able to observe drunks in a bar, and so forth?

DC: Yes, and that’s a danger I think, because I love playing drunks. Drunk, damaged people; it’s like, bring them on!

MD: Was there a time you knew you’d be a working actor from then on?

DC: I left drama school and said to myself, If I can’t make a living as an actor, I’m not going to embarrass myself for however long until the big break comes.

MD: Who are some of your heroes?

DC: On a flight to New York recently, Alicia Keys and Desmond Tutu were on the plane. I didn’t go up to them. I smiled at Alicia Keys, but I couldn’t look Desmond Tutu in the eye. I wanted to go up to him and fall at his feet. It was one of those situations where I blew it completely.

MD: You should have gotten out your phone.

DC: Yes, while they were asleep! That happens to me so often, you wake up to a phone in your face and you go, “What the fuck!”

MD: Ooh, that’s creepy!

DC: So creepy! Which I call out: “That’s fucking creepy!”

MD: How do you deal with hangovers?

DC: There’s this thing called Pedialyte. It’s basically a diuretic; you give it to kids who are dehydrated. If you wake up in the morning and you’ve got one of those on standby and you down the whole lot… you can carry on drinking!

MD: How did you discover that? Hanging around with a lot of babies?

DC: No, Mark Wahlberg. Who I don’t know, but I was told that’s what Mark swears by. It’s the difference between life and death as far as I’m concerned.

DC: Yeah, you!

MD: Me too! But do you actively seek out people to work with?

DC: My wife is brilliant at that. We see a movie and the next thing you know, she’s having lunch with the director. I’m like, “How did that fucking happen?” But she just gets in touch and says, “I’d love to have a drink with you.” I don’t do enough of that; I wish I did. I really like directors, and I like talking about work.

MD: What are you going to do in the next year or two?

DC: Nothing, actually. I’d like to do some theater in New York. I’ve done Broadway and I was happy with that, but I don’t want to do Broadway anymore.

MD: Why?

DC: The audience is all over 50, on the whole, and I think new faces and cheaper tickets are the only way forward. And it’s never going to happen.

MD: Do you write yourself?

DC: I try to rewrite scenes, but I don’t think that classifies as …

MD: No, that’s called being a movie star.

DC: That’s exactly right! That’s using some other writer as a platform …

MD: To destroy their writing.

DC: Yeah, exactly, that’s what we’re looking at!

WRITTEN BY Martin McDonagh
    PHOTOGRAPHED BY David Bailey
    STYLED BY Luke Day