Sean Connery set to join fellow James Bond actors at the Oscars

edited January 2013 in Skyfall Posts: 6,601
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/sean-connery-set-to-join-fellow-1525163

I know, many of you have been dreaming about that. So maybe you get your wish after all. Its far from a reliable source and probably b***s***, but you can dream away still. ;)

Sorry, just saw, its already being discussed. But cancel doesn't work, not even when it has only the original post

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    A lifetime achievement award for Sean presented by Dan maybe? And then all the other Bonds walk on? After SF has blagged 3 or 4 oscars? Wouldnt say no.

Seriously though. Never. Going. To. Happen.
  • Never say never!
    :P
  • AliAli
    "As yet, we’ve not had a no from him."

Er, don't want to be the damp squib here, but they haven't had a yes either....
    I'll believe it when I see it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    BAIN123 wrote:
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Same. Until then, fingers crossed for something.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It won't be the last chance. It's a proven fact that (Eon) Bond actors live forever.
    If only. I never like to tempt fate.
  • As unlikely as it is...how awesome would it be?!?!
    Get 5 of them up there with a cutout of Connery and that will be the only way this will happen sadly. But keep us updated...
  • I'll believe it when I see it too.

I'd be happy with just the other 5 showing up though (Moore is a guarantee, I don't see why Lazenby and Dalts wouldn't do it I think Brosnan will because he did that documentary).
    I didn't know he only made 2million for his entire career as bond. Dang... that seems like nothing compared to todays standards.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'll believe it when I see it however it would be Awesome if true.
    There's more chance of Liverpool winning the Premier League. In other words not gonna happen.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Oh this is going to be interesting.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    For selfish reasons, maybe Sean will have a change of heart now that Skyfall has been such a massive success. Maybe he'll go just to lap up the attention as "the Bond that started it all" with the attention being focused on the 50 years, as well as Skyfall's award potential. That said, we all know how irritable and unreliable the man can be, so I guess I'll wait and see it before I believe it.
  • In an ideal world they'd all get up there and the Academy would be like
    'You know what, there are enough epic dramas nominated, why don't we just give you guys honorary Oscars?'

I would cry. It probably won't happen, but if it did I'd cry.
  • The fact is he won't make the effort, totally up to him but he owes a great debt to Bond for giving him the life and opportunities that subsequently came his way. Would be great for him to make the effort to help pay tribute to 50 years of Bond movies but he won't :(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Quantum07 wrote:
    I didn't know he only made 2million for his entire career as bond. Dang... that seems like nothing compared to todays standards.

I believe it is THREE million.

They gave him an Oscar, so who knows how Sean act towards the Academy. He already has an AFI Life Time Achievement, which in my opinion is a helluva lot better than an Oscar, but now would be the opportune time to award Sean with this honor.

As with most things with Sean these days, expectations on my end will stay low.
  • LeChiffre wrote:
    There's more chance of Liverpool winning the Premier League. In other words not gonna happen.

Hey now, no need to be mean! :) (Liverpool fan here.)

LeChiffre wrote:

Liverpool will win the Premier League,not this year, but eventually.

And Sean Connery will be at the oscars.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    coolbyrne wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:

Hey now, no need to be mean! :) (Liverpool fan here.)

Theres more chance of Downing winning the ballon d'or than Sean turning up.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I love Sean, he is by far the best Bond and even though Bond kick-started his career and is the role he's mostly associated with, I think it's silly to declare that he owes or is indebted to the character and the series. The man is in his 80s for how long should he keep owing Bond? He made 7 Bond film's, voiced a computer game and has given numerous interviews on the series and has praised Craig a bunch of times.
    The other actors choose to be heavily involved in what ever support they want to give and Connery chooses not to. It's his decision and is under no obligation to participate in Bobd events. Sure, it would be bloody awesome if he did attend but I won't be heart broken if he didn't. He doesn't owe EoN or the fans a thing.
  • It would be nice if he shows up.

But if he doesn't (which is much more likely), then that's fine. Like @doubleoego said, he doesn't owe us anything and honestly I'd be happy enough with the rest of them there.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:
    I love Sean, he is by far the best Bond and even though Bond kick-started his career and is the role he's mostly associated with, I think it's silly to declare that he owes or is indebted to the character and the series. The man is in his 80s for how long should he keep owing Bond? He made 7 Bond film's, voiced a computer game and has given numerous interviews on the series and has praised Craig a bunch of times.
    The other actors choose to be heavily involved in what ever support they want to give and Connery chooses not to. It's his decision and is under no obligation to participate in Bobd events. Sure, it would be bloody awesome if he did attend but I won't be heart broken if he didn't. He doesn't owe EoN or the fans a thing.

To be fair, EVERYONE who plays Bond is most associated with that role. And as Bond grows ever bigger that will continue to be true.
    This isn't happening.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/academy-president-defends-oscars-controversial-online-voting-says-more-members-voted-for-nominees-than-ever-before/

"The Academy has already announced a special tribute to James Bond‘s 50th will be part of the show, but producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron told me this morning it will be very different than what might be expected and that it doesn’t involve bringing the Bond actors together on stage."
    They wouldn't tell us even if it was!

I'm sure it will be good whatever they come up with.
  • If it doesn't involve the actors it will probably be a montage and a theme song (SF probably, maybe Adeles performance is part of it?) like at the Baftas last year.
    IF it is really different going to be different, it will not be like that. A montage is hardly different. I am curious now.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Maybe all the Bonds announcing Adele?
  • BenBen
    Maybe all the Bonds announcing Adele?

Not going to lie, I would prefer to see all the Bonds sing 'Skyfall'.