Spectre car?

Comments

• Aston One-772009-Aston-Martin-One-77-Front-Angle-Tilt-1280x960-620x465.jpg, Aston ZagatoAston_Martin_V12_Zagato_01.jpg, new Aston Vanquishspyshots-2013-aston-martin-vanquish-with-no-camo-46122-7.jpg, Jaguar F-Type2013-Jaguar-F-Type-1-640x426.jpeg, Frazier Nash Namir perhapsfrazer-nash-namir-02.jpg
  • AliAli
    I like the idea of a white Lotus, if only as a cameo. The new Esprit is nearing completion....

2014-lotus-esprit-turbo-nation.jpg
  • BenBen
    Really can't see it happening as they are too small to pay EON the product placement money and it's not British (not like that's essential but it helps).

zenvo_st1_large_08.jpg

zenvo_st1_large_20.jpg

More pictures here:
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/stig-versus-zenvo-st1

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/the-zenvo-st1-a-supercar

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,894
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    But whatever, your just being thick to annoy me.

This may come as a shock to you, but you are not the centre of the universe. Seriously, do you think you're that important? I do not wake up each morning and think to myself "I must find another way to annoy JWESTBROOK today". It might also be worth you looking into what an opinion is. Try it some time.

They've used Aston since 2002, would there be any objections to a move back to Lotus? The Evora is nice, but it's been in production since about 2009.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    But whatever, your just being thick to annoy me.

This may come as a shock to you, but you are not the centre of the universe. Seriously, do you think you're that important? I do not wake up each morning and think to myself "I must find another way to annoy JWESTBROOK today". It might also be worth you looking into what an opinion is. Try it some time.

I think you were out to annoy me when I showed you the inspiration for the F-type, and you continued to try and convince me that Jaguar instead copied some cheap Asian sports cars. Whether or not your intentions were to annoy me, you did, and you were being thick, and instead of holding a reasonable argument, you simply repeatedly inferred that the F-type was a Japanese rip-off, when clearly it isn't; thus you being thick.

Shall I write a book explaining myself? Your reaction to my statement was more melodramatic than anything I've done Ms. Universe.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I think you were out to annoy me when I showed you the inspiration for the F-type, and you continued to try and convince me that Jaguar instead copied some cheap Asian sports cars. Whether or not your intentions were to annoy me, you did, and you were being thick, and instead of holding a reasonable argument, you simply repeatedly inferred that the F-type was a Japanese rip-off, when clearly it isn't; thus you being thick.

Shall I write a book explaining myself? Your reaction to my statement was more melodramatic than anything I've done Ms. Universe.

Ms. Universe. Eh eh, that's a good one. If it wasn't childish (not to mention wrong, for more than one reason) it might have been funny.

Let's back track a second.

- You posted the pic
    - I gave my opinion that it looked Asian
    - You gave your opinion that there was nothing Asian about it's styling
    - I posted the pic of the Nissan 370, of which I believe the Jag looks similar too
    - You posted the pic of the Jag, and started coughing
    - I posted that I don't see any of the E-Type in this new Jag (the E-Type has a softer look imo)
    - You called me thick (very grown up, btw), and told me i'm posting to annoy you
    - I told you the above isn't my primary goal in life, it isn't

And here we are. I really would like to convince you that i'm not trying to wind you up, because i'm not, but I suspect it would be a pointless exercise. Well, I must dash, Assassins is on Channel 5 and i'm partial to Julianne Moore.
  • AliAli
    I still think the F Type looks nothing like the E-Type bar having wheels, lights and a grill in broadly the same areas.
    Ali wrote:
    I still think the F Type looks nothing like the E-Type bar having wheels, lights and a grill in broadly the same areas.

The shape of the hood, proportions of the car, grille shape and location, headlight location, two-seater sports car, and most importantly a Jaguar.

It's not a carbon copy.. that's why it's the F-type and not E-type.. but it clearly comes from the same lineage.

@MajorDSmythe looking back I was out of line. But your comment on the first page that it looked nothing whatsoever like the E-type is what fueled my fire. It's clearly meant to resemble the classic, and to state otherwise isn't up for opinion; what I listed above is factual inspiration for the F-type. I do respect your opinion, however, of whether or not it looks good.. in which case you weren't really clear. I assume you still like the look of the Jags and Japs?
  • AliAli
    THat hood shape is not exclusive to the E-Type, though. There are countless Ferraris, Maseratis, Astons etc that share it. It's a power bulge, after all. Headlight location? Well, one either side of the grill, I guess! Two seater and sportscar are mutual. To me, the last generation XK looked far more like the E-type bar the stupidly long boot (sadly demanded by golf club owners....idiots!).
    Ali wrote:
    THat hood shape is not exclusive to the E-Type, though. There are countless Ferraris, Maseratis, Astons etc that share it. It's a power bulge, after all. Headlight location? Well, one either side of the grill, I guess! Two seater and sportscar are mutual. To me, the last generation XK looked far more like the E-type bar the stupidly long boot (sadly demanded by golf club owners....idiots!).

Yes but looking at it, you can tell it's inspiration, no?
    The new Morgan Eva GT
    Give him a bugatti veyron so he can chase someone on the autobahn in germany at 400 km/h...
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    @MajorDSmythe looking back I was out of line. But your comment on the first page that it looked nothing whatsoever like the E-type is what fueled my fire. It's clearly meant to resemble the classic, and to state otherwise isn't up for opinion; what I listed above is factual inspiration for the F-type. I do respect your opinion, however, of whether or not it looks good.. in which case you weren't really clear. I assume you still like the look of the Jags and Japs?

I do like the Jaguar marque in general. They've made some nice cars...

- The E Type
    - The XJ6 Series 2
    - The XJ-S
    - The XK
    - The S Type

... to name 5. Asian cars however, just don't do it for me, with the exception of the first generation Imprezza and the Lancer Evo IV, I wouldn't buy any, if I had the funds.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Lotus_Esprit_Turbo_007.jpg

Lotus-Evora-For-Your-Eyes-Only-005.jpg

Lotus-Evora-For-Your-Eyes-Only-001.jpg

Craig on Ski's, I say bring it on B-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Exactly. Craig needs his snow action scene, and seeing these pics only further sparks my enthusiasm! Are you listening, EON? Let's discuss this over glühwein. Tofana, 10AM. ;)
    MartinBond wrote:

That is so awesome! I'm all for this one!

• Agent005 wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

That is so awesome! I'm all for this one!

WANT THIS IN BOND 24 BADLY!!!!!! SO AWESOME!
  • As for his main car though, the Aston One-77 is simply hideously ugly, and all around rather daft as a car. What Bond needs is the new Vanquish which is essentially the new DBS and besides being more practical is an amazingly pretty car. Perhaps the most pretty since the DB5 even.
    Can I just say one thing about the DB5....

In CR he wins a DB5... which is different number plate and is left hand drive... am I correct?

So the one he drives in SF is suppose to be the one from GF with all the gadgets...

Which means one of two things.. one Bond has two Aston Martin DB5's or at some point which hasn't been explained it has had a conversion. If it has then even through Bond has been 'reborn' as they were saying before CR then this means when the car is introduced to Bond in GF that scene never happened. Or this would have been after the GF mission with the previous missions being before the DN mission.

That will need its own thread..... lol

Anyway back to the cars....

I seen the Aston Martin Rapide and to be honest not good to be a Bond Car. It is made as a family car... it wouldn't suit Bond unless of course he want's to get his leg over on the back seat. :)

There is however plenty of nice cars out there to chose from. It would be nice to see the Lotus brand again involved through.. as the pics above with the Lotus in the snow really does look good and about time Craig got to play in the snow!

I suspect if we do see Bond back behind the wheel in Craig's era it is bound to be another DBS. Purely because the one in CR was made for Craig in mind.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    MartinBond wrote:
    As a company car:

lotus-esprit-concept-6.jpg

As M would say, "Well that's inconspicuous."
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    rog008 wrote:
    Can I just say one thing about the DB5....

In CR he wins a DB5... which is different number plate and is left hand drive... am I correct?

So the one he drives in SF is suppose to be the one from GF with all the gadgets...

Which means one of two things.. one Bond has two Aston Martin DB5's or at some point which hasn't been explained it has had a conversion. If it has then even through Bond has been 'reborn' as they were saying before CR then this means when the car is introduced to Bond in GF that scene never happened. Or this would have been after the GF mission with the previous missions being before the DN mission.

That will need its own thread..... lol

Anyway back to the cars....

I seen the Aston Martin Rapide and to be honest not good to be a Bond Car. It is made as a family car... it wouldn't suit Bond unless of course he want's to get his leg over on the back seat. :)

There is however plenty of nice cars out there to chose from. It would be nice to see the Lotus brand again involved through.. as the pics above with the Lotus in the snow really does look good and about time Craig got to play in the snow!

I suspect if we do see Bond back behind the wheel in Craig's era it is bound to be another DBS. Purely because the one in CR was made for Craig in mind.

I think adding the gadgets to the current and late DB5 is one for the hardcore fans, the red button and machine guns. Otherwise, you're right. And "Go on, eject me" might be my favorite all-time line. But, the car- In CR it was an American drive, now in FS it's a British drive? What? Corgi can get away with that, but on the big screen? I guess they figured only hardcore fans would notice.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Ok now I'm going to be disappointed if the new Lotus ISN'T in Bond 24. That looks brilliant.

The question is, white ala TSWLM or the copper colour seen above ala FYEO?
    Thanks =bg= that could be the explanation for the sudden change with the DB5 (because of 50th year to)
    Ok now I'm going to be disappointed if the new Lotus ISN'T in Bond 24. That looks brilliant.

The question is, white ala TSWLM or the copper colour seen above ala FYEO?

I would say it depends greatly on the situation, if it is in snow the copper colour would look a lot better but otherwise it would be white.. unless there is a colour that we haven't seen yet? Which might look just as good? :)
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 820
    Well in my suggestion. He actual car should British iconic Brand. Beside Aston, Jaguar,Lotus Esprit is rumoured to be release this year. Return Brand Jensen pose to be returning to production this year. Rolls Royce & Bentley although we all know separated companies now. Are planning new supercars Roadster. We talking about 007 Q branch issue. It should gadgets. The Classic Aston Martin DB5 can return in Bond 25. It can be rebuild by Q. Other Brand from Europe, Japan & America can be the rented car.
    http://www.jensensportscars.com/
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    ^ Not bad. Not bad at all. It's certainly got that Aston look, crossed with an old Jag. I agree they should keep it British, but personally I say give the Astons a rest for a while. We've seen one in every film since GE. I'm all for the new Lotus, however.
    Ali wrote:
    The obvious choice, in this case, is perfect:

aston-martin-vanquish-35jpg.jpg

Hit the nail with that one !

• A few new ideas (post Geneva auto show and a few other happenings);

Hydrogen powered Aston Martin Rapide; in the Bond universe remember we've already had regular production Hydrogen cars - the Hydrogen Fuel Cell Ford Edge's from QoS, whilst they do exist they're certainly not regular production models - I would guess the same for the Rapide. Whilst i was not initially in favour of a Rapide (it's a saloon afterall) Bond has driven saloons before (the TND BMW may have looked pretty average but was in a great chase scene.

Here's a regular Rapide S - it's at least fast

aston-martin-rapide-s.jpg

Another 4 door the Shooting Break Bertone Jet 2+2

Bertone-Jet-2+2-golden-girl.jpg

new Vanquish (Centenary Ed)

aston_martin_mixed_1.jpg

Mansory Cyrus
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJdNAi-cvR1bwYv-FkoVzsd0erfvSfwVPFL7uLFqoA-fOKUvbp

Rolls Royce Wraith
    Rolls-Wraith_2504332c.jpg

A big fan of this one - could be very heavily armed - a V8/750/Vanquish for a new generation

Jaguar C-X75
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShn94836PAxfMjM923u0qQnjQESdFASqYjPW6rlgcHDaBkadbJ

officially cancelled-but two prototypes exist...

Bristol/Frazer-Nash Supercar
    bristol-to-finally-unveil-its-200-mph-electric-supercar-54769-7.jpg

apparently will be unveiled soon

McLaren P1
    2013-McLaren-P1-at-Bahrain-Static-4-1920x1440.jpg

Saab Phoneix
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRndC1wRiR0hXLW7hiIM3KePOZ3kOdUcfDm3u03s1PYtUbcMtcuCg

a new 'Silver Beast'

Bentley 4 1/2 Litre Supercharged
    Catalog_269_Bentley_1928_4-1-2-Liter-Supercharged_Tourer_NT3131_900.jpg

Bentley Meteor
    Petersen%252520Bentley%252520Meteor%2525206.jpg

Infiniti Emerg-e
    geneva-2012-infiniti-emerg-e-concept-live-photos_6.jpg

Lotus Evora 414E
    2012-Lotus-Evora-414E-Hybrid-Front-And-Side-2-1280x960.jpg

Basically the same car as the Infiniti Emerg-E

Infiniti Essence
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYobvMuDSpSVySBMBlOf4rOvERtoNA9oy5x1_QwZmsaJ9Rr9YnAg

Emerg-e's better looking cousin

Volkswagen Racing Touareg
    2011-Volkswagen-Race-Touareg-3-Qatar-Front-And-Side-1280x960.jpg
    off road sequence?

2012 Rolls-Royce Jonckheere Aerodynamic Coupe II by Ugur Sahin Design
    2012-Rolls-Royce-Jonckheere-Aerodynamic-Coupe-II-by-Ugur-Sahin-Design-Rendering-Outdoors-4-1280x960.jpg
    Bond Villain's next car

Agent 7F has noted new Bentley's (not for a modern Bond), plus the new Jensen on the horizon.
  • PS. I should have noted the Emerg-E is very British though it has a Japanese badge,
    it is based on the Lotus 414E and both were developed under the UK government's Technology Strategy Board with some UK govt. backing - realistically it's more british than the Rolls