Spectre car?

12346»

Comments

• edited August 2014 Posts: 1,068
    Is this what you'd like to see driven by Bond or the car Q-Branch has added a few extra 'features' to use around Whitehall/London, Scotland, Iceland? ;)

I set the following scenario in my poster art thread although it probably has more relevance here?

How about a bit of a wild plot scenario here say with a futuristic military attack heli-jet (yes OK, done before as per GE :| ) being used in a terror attack on the Hyper rich / A+list VIP guests Dubai Grand Prix F1 night race where Bond, as is his way, is trying to spoil an evil plot and in doing so creates more havoc 'borrowing' the race Safety Car!?

It's one hell of a 'Police Car' and the Safety Car job description of the super tricked out AMG Merc has a date with Bond written all over it!! The chaos of it going freestyle on the race circuit in the hyper lit night race with the wild surrounding architecture could make quite a visual feast even if I'm not capturing it fully here!!

Burjsafetycar4.jpg

I can picture DC carving through everything whilst shooting out the open gullwing door (it's good enough for Jeremy Clarkson with action not quips in mind). I see a chase that could climax at the 7 star Burj Al Arab hotel to stop imminent catastrophe and save that sultry brunette but they may not take too kindly to the place blowing up mind (even if only on HD!). Yes it's probably nearly 90 miles away but hey, the AMG's a fast car with a 200mph top speed and it IS Bond driving with a tinsy bit of film artistic licence even if there is a bit of aggro along the way... :D

It'd be a mash up of pretty intense iconic elements but I'm sure Merc wouldn't mind the product placement (or Bernie kerching $ Ecclestone going for a Bond / F1 connection). Would make for one hell of an action sequence like CR's Airport scene! If F1 cars weren't so wimpy fragile I did wonder about Bond driving one of these out of the circuit onto the open road!!?

Maybe then after everything has been totally trashed the only miraculously intact item is that Cadillac v16 concept car on display in the reception foyer of the Burj Arab which then Bond throatily burbles off somewhere in away from it all with the rescued girl and the inevitable 'oh, James' moment...?
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 1,068
    06F32CC7-AB13-4D93-9424-A493DC0C4A62.jpg
    No no no. Nice poster, but no Mercs please.

The sound the AMG Merc makes is quite special! When it piles off ahead of the start lap to check the circuit is clear you can hear it at the opposite end of the lap!

Getafix wrote: »
    No no no. Nice poster, but no Mercs please.

I can see your comment about the Merc brand not being bond BUT IT'S NOT HIS!

He's 'borrowed and distressed it' a little bit but not in a Renault 9 at the Eiffel Tower manner of destruction - maybe in a missing Aston door kind of way!? I can see it being a cool sequence where the gullwing door is fully opened as it's being driven and Bond looking up at the strife above him? It'd make a great 'Bond incursion' into the safely contained bubble of control that is F1 racing these days where all hell breaks loose! :D

Thank you about the poster! ;)
    I don't mind him grabbing an every day car and thrashing the hell out of it. We haven't seen Bond do that for a while.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,690
    Getafix wrote: »
    I don't mind him grabbing an every day car and thrashing the hell out of it. We haven't seen Bond do that for a while.

In the last 6 movies, how many times Bond has totalled a car? If I remember well, he's thrown one into a rental agency, cut another in half, made barrel rolls with another, ripped off the side door of yet another, and got his last one blown to pieces.

And I'm sorry but a part of me dies when a great car gets ruined :(

I would think it'll be the new DB if the timings work.
    aston-db9-01.jpg
    three Jaguar Land Rover cars to appear in Spectre apparently (including the C-X75)

http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/business/business-news/trio-jaguar-land-rover-vehicles-8607814
  • qodgda11r0uiozuxld2c.jpg
    Go on Jag. put it into production , you know you want to
    As with most of these OTT super cars, I'm not that taken with it.

Can't stand the look of the modern Ferraris and Lambos, which this seems to mimic.

They alsways just look naff to me.
    A new white Lotus Evora would be a nice nod to the RM era IMHO
    If Jag are putting the C-X75 forward, there must surely be some plan afoot to put it into production?
  • Agent005 wrote: »
    The Morgan 4/4 Sport

2011_Morgan_4-4_Sport_001_5280.jpg

Great Taste 005 but unfortunately it would rattle 007's teeth out!

• A few new ideas (post Geneva auto show and a few other happenings);

Bentley 4 1/2 Litre Supercharged
    Catalog_269_Bentley_1928_4-1-2-Liter-Supercharged_Tourer_NT3131_900.jpg

A great selection @ Copenhagen_87;228846 but I think the 4 1/2 litre is still the one!
    Albeit, I once saw Ralph Lauren's son driving one of these around the back country in Greenwich CT (I think Ralph has one in his collection) and the boy was struggling like crazy. The steering wheel is huge and the corner was quite wide — at one point I thought he was headed for a tree!
    I also saw the actual car Fleming was photoed in for 'Life' magazine in London's Berkley Square last year and had a chat with the owner. Great guy, he owns the vehicle privately and drives it around town. Letting it out occasionally for Bond related 'PR'.
    I'd love to get behind the wheel.

• Ali wrote: »
    THat hood shape is not exclusive to the E-Type, though. There are countless Ferraris, Maseratis, Astons etc that share it. It's a power bulge, after all. Headlight location? Well, one either side of the grill, I guess! Two seater and sportscar are mutual. To me, the last generation XK looked far more like the E-type bar the stupidly long boot (sadly demanded by golf club owners....idiots!).

What an interesting discussion.
    My vanity car is a 1999 Silver XKR Coupe that I've had from new.
    Jaguar have tried everything to sell me the last generation XK and the 'F' type and failed on both occasions.
    They are both very competent cars in their own right but IVNSHO (In Villiers53's Not So Humble Opinion) they fail to be Jaguars. This progressively angular shape (Callum's trademark) just squeezes the sex appeal out of the car.
    I love my classic XKR and if I ever trade it in, it will be for an e-type.
    Back to Bond it's interesting that Jaguar/Land-rover are featuring a car in 'Spectre' that either won't be going (C-X75) into production and one that will be discontinued soon (The Defender). Strange way to spend your marketing dollars but what do I know?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Villiers old chap please don't ever trade in your XKR for an E type
    Whilst the E is probably the most Beautyfull car that ever there was its hot and stiff to drive has verry little room in it and bit of a pig to get in and out of to say the least.
  • Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Villiers old chap please don't ever trade in your XKR for an E type
    Whilst the E is probably the most Beautyfull car that ever there was its hot and stiff to drive has verry little room in it and bit of a pig to get in and out of to say the least.

You are so right. I drove one back in the '70s and it was difficult on country roads.
    That said, they are so damn beautiful and as for getting in and out — despite enduring all types of physical torture in a vain attempt to stay fit - I find the XKR a stretch these days!
    Well beside his new Aston Martin DB10 the classic Aston Martin DB5 came back by rebuild by Q branch.